AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have successfully completed the ATC in my truck. I have a 2014 Bighorn 2500 that was factory with single zone MTC. I did NOT need the harness for my install as the factory plug was there. All I needed was the temperature sensor.
Congrats. This was the entire reason I purchased AlfaOBD in the first place. Well, there were a couple others but ATC is one of the best mods. Set it and forget it...

Jkieffer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Congrats. This was the entire reason I purchased AlfaOBD in the first place. Well, there were a couple others but ATC is one of the best mods. Set it and forget it...
I wish I would have had it before I bought 2 genies for that.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wish I would have had it before I bought 2 genies for that.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I hear you. It's insane what they charge for the Genies. I mean seriously, here's a dev that enabled us to do so much more and it costs as little as $49 if you already had everything else. Even if you don't, you can pretty easily come in below the cost of 1 Genie.

I get trying to make money, but you can make money and not take advantage of people. After talking with them on the phone a couple times, I knew I would never buy one of their products from them. If it weren't for buying my Genie for DRLs from the classifieds here I would not of gotten one.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
One thing Im curious about is if Alfa can somehow be in a mode where it displays the CAN messages (or at least their IDs) coming across the bus.

So we would try and sniff messages corresponding to a button press, mirrors folding, etc.

I know there are other solutions for it, but Alfa can do so much other stuff I have to wonder if there is some way of capturing and maybe logging the traffic.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
One thing Im curious about is if Alfa can somehow be in a mode where it displays the CAN messages (or at least their IDs) coming across the bus.

So we would try and sniff messages corresponding to a button press, mirrors folding, etc.

I know there are other solutions for it, but Alfa can do so much other stuff I have to wonder if there is some way of capturing and maybe logging the traffic.
I have not seen this but I agree it would be useful for sure. Send Alexey an request email or maybe ask if it is possible. Be sure to mention you are from the Ram community.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone tried to Enable the SDARV satellite Video receiver enable on Alfa. I’m curious if this needs a separate module to the radio or if it will link up automatically but I don’t see and how the video will show on the radio screen without a separate module or harness to run to the radio. Anyone with the rebel or Limited Ram have this option currently working.

2018 Black Pearl Ram 1500

LED Tail Lights, Black Quad Halogens with LED conversion, LED Black 3rd Break Light, Blacked Out Emblems, Rims & Grill, 8.4 UAQ conversion!

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone enabled the Rear view camera button on their 8.4 through Alfa? My soft key on the radio is missing lol. I’ve tried turning off my rear view camera and turned it back on with no success

LED Tail Lights, Black Quad Halogens with LED conversion, LED Black 3rd Break Light, Blacked Out Emblems, Rims & Grill, 8.4 UAQ conversion!

Cesar592

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
hey how are you so I was a while out I replaced my OBDLink mx because I thought it was defective now I have a new one but I still can not connect to the csm modules to enable certain functions someone else with this problem

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
Has anyone enabled the Rear view camera button on their 8.4 through Alfa? My soft key on the radio is missing lol. I’ve tried turning off my rear view camera and turned it back on with no success

Lawsuit...you need to set "TRAILER HITCH CAMERA". I had the same issue. See the following posts all in this thread:

#205 page 21
#242 page 25
#252 page 26
#392 and #397 page 40

Note there is another setting called setting that is called "TRAILER TOW PRESENT" which is NOT the setting I mentioned above. Hope this helps..........

justinkyleo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
This is something I am wanting to do. Do you have the procedure? If you do would you add it to the files?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

You just have to enable the Aux Switches CSM and it'll show up. I only had 4 show up initially, but then I did THIS and switch 5 showed up. There have been mixed results on some trucks in getting all 5 switches.

Mrmagoolin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
You just have to enable the Aux Switches CSM and it'll show up. I only had 4 show up initially, but then I did THIS and switch 5 showed up. There have been mixed results on some trucks in getting all 5 switches.

I have not been able to find the "Aux Switch CSM" Is it under BCM or what?

Cesar592

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
I think you have the same problem that I can not find the CSM for some configurations

Cesar592

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
I am currently using a device Android

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I think you have the same problem that I can not find the CSM for some configurations
Sorry to interrupt...

Cesar,
Please check your email & PMs; your harness order is ready.

M² Mods.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7