AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Opie011

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
On another note, has anyone messed with the Idle Shutdown Timer Adjustment? Would this act like a turbo timer for the diesel guys

20181203_160434.jpg

Paperboy4828

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hello, kinda new here, but I've been reading a lot in this thread and started doing. I added the Aux switches to my 2014 Ram 2500, and as I read here, I was able initially add them and adjust functionality using alfaOBD. I could not get the menu to come up on the dash display, but at least I could adjust the switches via the software.

So tonight I installed an up graded instrument cluster, and voila, all the switch and commercial menus popped up! Most excellent! I'm working on the relay box now, and want to thank the folks here for the great information and diagrams... this is awesome!

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
On another note, has anyone messed with the Idle Shutdown Timer Adjustment? Would this act like a turbo timer for the diesel guys

View attachment 148139

No.

I think that is an idle timer that shuts the truck off if it idles for too long. It "could" be used as a turbo off timer but it won't function like that.

For instance that timer will shut the truck off even if you are trying to warm it up. Had that happened with a big rig truck. I was trying to warm it up and it would shut off after 5 minutes of idle time.

SRich2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Why can I not get my laptop to connect? Not sure what is going on. I have the Bluetooth but they are not finding each other. Showing no com ports under device manager.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why can I not get my laptop to connect? Not sure what is going on. I have the Bluetooth but they are not finding each other. Showing no com ports under device manager.
Silly question, but is the bluetooth turned on in your settings on the laptop?

SRich2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yes, Thanks I got it.(Thanks @nick00less) I guess it would have helped if I would read the instructions!! LOL Did not push the little button on the OBDMX so they could par. Now I just need to find Bed Light. Looked for and hour but....

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, Thanks I got it.(Thanks @nick00less) I guess it would have helped if I would read the instructions!! LOL Did not push the little button on the OBDMX so they could par. Now I just need to find Bed Light. Looked for and hour but....
I'm not positive but I don't think that bed lights were an option until 2016 but I might be mistaken.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ForrestPearl2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Haven't seen much about early 4th gen mods. I have a 2011 1500 and a 2016 2500.

For the 2011 I added:
Integrated trailer brake
Front fog dropout (disable)
Changed tire circumference

For 2016 I added:
Bed lights
Cargo camera (thanks to DeereGuy for the harness and help)

Going to try more later. Just another happy person since I found all this.

Ramit2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone had success with turning the repeater lights on the mirrors on as side markers? I have tow mirrors and keep them flipped out. i played around with it but have had no luck

SRich2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'm not positive but I don't think that bed lights were an option until 2016 but I might be mistaken.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Yes, I have a 2018 2500. added the factory bed lights and already had the plug there just can't seem to find it under configerations but I'm sure I am just overlooking it!! There is so much stuff listed it's mind boggling !!!

Ramit2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes, I have a 2018 2500. added the factory bed lights and already had the plug there just can't seem to find it under configerations but I'm sure I am just overlooking it!! There is so much stuff listed it's mind boggling !!!
Is this what you're looking for?

Ramit2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes, I chose that one and got a failed message!! Didn't know if it was because it was under 2014 or what? I am going to go back in tomorrow and see if I can get it to take!! That was the only bed light one I saw so...…Thanks for helping!!!
Yeah it's the only one I saw as well.
Let me know if you get it working, it's something I'd definitely be interested in doing on my 16

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Has anyone had success with turning the repeater lights on the mirrors on as side markers? I have tow mirrors and keep them flipped out. i played around with it but have had no luck

That cannot be done in the BCM or Mirror unfortunately. The only way is with one of the wiring kits that are available. The "repeaters as marker lights" option you may see in the BCM is, we believe, for the small lights on the extended rear fenders of a dually.

-K

Last edited:

Ramit2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That cannot be done in the BCN or Mirror unfortunately. The only way is with one of the wiring kits that are available. The "repeaters as marker lights" option you may see in the BCM is, we believe, for the small lights on the extended rear fenders of a dually.

-K
Well that sucks!
Thanks for the info

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
do you guys think this can be page 400 by new years?

Kleinja

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Rebel
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hey Guys,

Just learned about this program today, but I was able to get it to work with a bluetooth OBD code reader I picked up years ago to read and clear codes from cars. Already have done the fog dropout disable upgrade and the windows down on key fob (and up even though it doesn't work).

From what searching I have done it does not look like its possible, but does anyone here think it would be possible to adjust the temperature threshold which turns on the electric fan? I want to do an electric V6 fan and remove my mechanical fan, but would like to lower the threshold to 180-190 deg F rather than the stock 212-220 deg F. From what I have researched this value can be changed in the PCM, which I believe this app cannot modify (pretty sure it mandatory requires a tuner / PCM unlock). If anyone can confirm this that would be awesome, or if anyone has any thoughts on how to modify it I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks to everyone who has been supporting this program as it is a huge help to anyone trying to do any mod to their truck. I already have plans for much more, some including: Aux switches, DRL in menu, Auto climate control, and more

nick00less

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 6.7
Two questions

1. What years Ram 1500/2500 is this program limited too?

2. Can I change headlight low beam setting to allow HID’s without the need for a harness that eliminates “bulb out” error messages?