AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a red light that flashes repeatedly upon first lock...then it slows to periodically. The flashing red "dot" is located on the bottom left side of my speedometer.

I was not in a place where I wanted to open the door and (possibly) sound the alarm...but I will ASAP...
That is the way the VTA operates. First lock rapid flash, then slowed flash and it is armed. Sounds like you're already good to go.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine took a couple cycles to work. My truck has the same behavior. Flashes quickly then slowly. Horn goes off when door is opened, but I don't know what other behaviors because I hit the unlock button to turn it off within a second of it activating.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I believe if you have the remote start installed with the hood latch that the hood is also monitored for jarring.

calahan7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5,7 Hemi
Is it confirmed that the 2013 BCM can not be set to higher voltages than 8 Volts in DRL Target Voltage? I have the diodedynamics RGBWA switchbacks and with the 8 Volt settings they're only switching on and off. Read here in the forum in 2014 and above there are settings up to 12+?

Ken226

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I apologize if this has been asked and answered. I searched and didn't find what im looking for.

I'm wanting to install the OEM backup camera kit, but want to make sure i can activate it with AlphaOBD before i order the kit.

The truck is a 2013 Sport.

The options im seeing in AlphaOBD are as follows:

Ram 1500 ds/dx - Body Computer - my 2013 powernet- then select the icon(car with hood up)

Under "select procedure to start", selected "vehicle configuration change"

The options available that appear to be backup camera related are:

ECU Config 3 - rear camera present
(Yes or no)

CustSetMenu 1- rear camera CSM
(Yes or no)

CustSetMenu 2 - rear view camera delay CSM
(Yes or no)

Im assuming ill need a yes on both the first and second options? And the 3rd is optional?

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I apologize if this has been asked and answered. I searched and didn't find what im looking for.

I'm wanting to install the OEM backup camera kit, but want to make sure i can activate it with AlphaOBD before i order the kit.

The truck is a 2013 Sport.

The options im seeing in AlphaOBD are as follows:

Ram 1500 ds/dx - Body Computer - my 2013 powernet- then select the icon(car with hood up)

Under "select procedure to start", selected "vehicle configuration change"

The options available that appear to be backup camera related are:

ECU Config 3 - rear camera present
(Yes or no)

CustSetMenu 1- rear camera CSM
(Yes or no)

CustSetMenu 2 - rear view camera delay CSM
(Yes or no)

Im assuming ill need a yes on both the first and second options? And the 3rd is optional?
Yes, Alfa should be able to enable your rev cam. A few have used it here to do so, not sure what years but it should work.

Settings in known working under (sorry, need to update locations) in car configuration change still should apply.

Rear View Camera:

Rear View Camera
Rear Camera Present
Rear Camera CSM
Rear View Camera Delay CSM
Trailer Hitch Camera
Rear View Camera Dynamic Gridlines Enabled - Or - Static Gridlines Enabled

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
One thing to note is the Trailer hitch camera option which allows to to select your backup camera while driving is only available on the 16 and up Ram. The Static Gridlines are available on the 15 or newer. You will not have those settings in the BCM on your 13 so don't be alarmed when you don't see them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ken226

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yes, Alfa should be able to enable your rev cam. A few have used it here to do so, not sure what years but it should work.

Settings in known working under (sorry, need to update locations) in car configuration change still should apply.

Rear View Camera:

Rear View Camera
Rear Camera Present
Rear Camera CSM
Rear View Camera Delay CSM
Trailer Hitch Camera
Rear View Camera Dynamic Gridlines Enabled - Or - Static Gridlines Enabled

Ok, great. Thanks!

All of those need to be enabled to get the backup camera to work?

Or is "rearview camera" for the ra1 5.4" radio equipped trucks, that display in the rearview mirror?

And is "trailer hitch camera", a different part as well, or does it need to be enabled for the tailgate handle mounted backup camera to work?

Ken226

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
One thing to note is the Trailer hitch camera option which allows to to select your backup camera while driving is only available on the 16 and up Ram. The Static Gridlines are available on the 15 or newer. You will not have those settings in the BCM on your 13 so don't be alarmed when you don't see them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ok, thank you.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok, great. Thanks!

All of those need to be enabled to get the backup camera to work?

Or is "rearview camera" for the ra1 5.4" radio equipped trucks, that display in the rearview mirror?

And is "trailer hitch camera", a different part as well, or does it need to be enabled for the tailgate handle mounted backup camera to work?
Yes with exception of what Rick stated above.

Now this I am truly unfamiliar with when it comes to the RA1 5.4 radios with rev cam in mirror...

Ken226

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yes with exception of what Rick stated above.

Now this I am truly unfamiliar with when it comes to the RA1 5.4 radios with rev cam in mirror...

It may have been some kind of aftermarket system i saw. I didnt pay much attention to the youtube video and skipped it when i realized it wasnt applicable to my truck. It was a 2013ish ram with the 5.4" radio.

But, AlphaOBD does show "Rearview Camera Gridlines" as an option. Though i couldnt find an option for "trailer hitch camera".

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It may have been some kind of aftermarket system i saw. I didnt pay much attention to the youtube video and skipped it when i realized it wasnt applicable to my truck. It was a 2013ish ram with the 5.4" radio.

But, AlphaOBD does show "Rearview Camera Gridlines" as an option. Though i couldnt find an option for "trailer hitch camera".
Correct, the trailer hitch camera as Rick stated above enables you to show the rev cam without being in reverse but only for '16+ Rams so it wouldn't show up in your BCM anyway.

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
Same question but a 2014. Thank you!

I've got a 2014 but I also have Air suspension.. not sure if that's a deal killer for you.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got a 2014 but I also have Air suspension.. not sure if that's a deal killer for you.
If you could PM me the VIN and RF hub part# through Alfa that would be great. Thanks!

TonyMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 CC 6"4 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
"LED CHMSL Lamp Present"

Is this for the 2 white bulbs in the 3rd brake light?
Or is this only for the cargo cam bulbs?

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
"LED CHMSL Lamp Present"

Is this for the 2 white bulbs in the 3rd brake light?
Or is this only for the cargo cam bulbs?

That's a good question. I don't have a definite answer, but I can tell you that I have LED bulbs in all the sockets in that fixture and that option set in the BCM and I do not get any bulb errors.

-K

mikey517

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Regarding the "Trailer Hitch Cam". When I took possession of my 2016 Big Horn, there was a "CAMERA" icon already ready present in the APPS folder. I dragged it to the task bar in place of the "MEDIA" icon, and I can activate the rear camera at any time. It closes out after a time. I've got no other listing for a specific trailer hitch cam, but it seems I have no need to do anything.

Would that camera icon appear on the SRT Themed Controls pages??
(I really don't understand fully what these "pages" are, or if changing themes is strictly cosmetic, or it controls and functions are added. My old Tundra had a dashboard and a radio with dials!! Just sayin'...)

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Regarding the "Trailer Hitch Cam". When I took possession of my 2016 Big Horn, there was a "CAMERA" icon already ready present in the APPS folder. I dragged it to the task bar in place of the "MEDIA" icon, and I can activate the rear camera at any time. It closes out after a time. I've got no other listing for a specific trailer hitch cam, but it seems I have no need to do anything.

Would that camera icon appear on the SRT Themed Controls pages??
(I really don't understand fully what these "pages" are, or if changing themes is strictly cosmetic, or it controls and functions are added. My old Tundra had a dashboard and a radio with dials!! Just sayin'...)

SRT is just a background theme no different than changing it on your home computer, it won’t change your icons at all

756E3374-E3D6-4ACC-B2FA-30AECAE9935B.jpeg

8940E69F-1B3E-4686-A040-ECE4C9A218D0.jpeg