AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

im_deaf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
Good morning ramsters, I'm curious if anyone has used alphaobd to have the cargo light turn on while in reverse?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Good morning ramsters, I'm curious if anyone has used alphaobd to have the cargo light turn on while in reverse?

The Cargo light isn't tied to the same circuit as the reverse. I'm guessing you could install a relay triggered by the reverse lights to turn on the cargo lights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

im_deaf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
The Cargo light isn't tied to the same circuit as the reverse. I'm guessing you could install a relay triggered by the reverse lights to turn on the cargo lights

Thanks bud, I was curious as I couldn't find any info on it, my brothers gm he was able to set that up.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Thanks bud, I was curious as I couldn't find any info on it, my brothers gm he was able to set that up.

As far as I know adding a relay would be the only way.

How was he able to do it on his truck

im_deaf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
As far as I know adding a relay would be the only way.

How was he able to do it on his truck

His was done by factory, that's why I assumed it's a programming but I suppose they hard wired it

leeroy300

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie Sport
Engine
6.7 l
l have a 2014 3500 with a 6.7 and was wondering if you can get the custom units to work on the 8.4. I upgraded from the RA2 (l think) to the 8.4.
I was able to program the Aux switches with teh Alpha but I am not able to see those settings anywhere on the Evic or in the 8.4 as well. As close as I got was pto settings in the evic but nothing else
was able to get the DRL's settings option to work in teh 8.4

drozek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
is there a way to program the mirrors to close when you lock the doors and open them when you unlock them ?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
is there a way to program the mirrors to close when you lock the doors and open them when you unlock them ?
We have not been able to enable any type of auto fold function with the tool at this point.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
New version for android just dropped. No idea what changed yet., just says "More support for the before-the-PowerNet Chrysler/Dodge/RAM/Jeep cars, various fixes."

New version is 2.1.6.8

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
New version for android just dropped. No idea what changed yet., just says "More support for the before-the-PowerNet Chrysler/Dodge/RAM/Jeep cars, various fixes."

New version is 2.1.6.8

So far in rf hub looks like he added the ability to erase ignition fobiks, bcm replace

Didn't notice anything in the body Control

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
We have not been able to enable any type of auto fold function with the tool at this point.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I wondered this too. My wife’s 2018 Jeep GC Summit has a setting in the radio for auto fold mirrors. They will power fold when you push the lock button on the fob if you have the box checked.

stateofdade

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I'm still trying to figure out what CBC is, etc.. I've been able to get my DRLs running but getting the detailed options seems like a hunt for big foot. Even searching, I'm having no luck with finding detailed explanations. Can someone tell us stupid people what everything means and where it is? That abbreviated list does nothing to help me out since I'm trying to learn what these things mean or what they do. Thanks to the people who have put all of the initial legwork into this project.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I'm still trying to figure out what CBC is, etc.. I've been able to get my DRLs running but getting the detailed options seems like a hunt for big foot. Even searching, I'm having no luck with finding detailed explanations. Can someone tell us stupid people what everything means and where it is? That abbreviated list does nothing to help me out since I'm trying to learn what these things mean or what they do. Thanks to the people who have put all of the initial legwork into this project.

CBC= central body controller= BCM.

mdtz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you everyone on this forum. Enabled DRL, Global Down, Disabled fog drop out with alfaobd.

Question:
Front camera options. Right now I run a camera with a 3.5" lcd by my ignition. I want to get this onscreen. I enabled the cargo cam option and was going to tap into that radio harness to add the RCA connector.

From what I am reading though, is that prior to MY16 we shouldn't have this option and its a bug in the radio on 17.11.XX. I was thinking of just doing it anyways and trying to make sure it doesn't get upgraded. Sadly, long term with OTA updates possible and needing to bring it into the dealership (lifetime warranty), I doubt this will be possible long term.

Thoughts/options?

Do I need to move to a hardware option? PAC, NAVTV, CRUX, etc.
I would also like to enable input in motion (passenger can input address, etc.), but this is secondary and could live without.
To add front camera (don't care if it auto turns on at speed) and input in motion, what is the best hardware option?

Last edited:

Macmechanic

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 JGC
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Be careful with the erase ignition fobiks option in the latest version of AlfaOBD! When I inquired about whether AlfaOBD had the ability to purge the fobiks that were stored in the system that were not in the owner's possession, Alexey replied.....

"Jim, there is “Erase all fobiks” procedure for the RFH which I did not implement because I’m not sure what would happen to the deleted fobiks, can they be programmed again afterwards or not. There is nothing about it in my sources, so I guess it must be OK to program them again. It seems when a key is lost, one has to delete all keys first then program back only the ones on hands."

And I replied.......

"I see your point. You can reprogram Chrysler fobiks but only after they have been unlocked or cleared by what I assume is reflashing with ****** firmware. I could be your test mule as I have a couple of unprogrammed fobs that I can resort to if the system does not allow the currently programmed fobs for this vehicle to be added back to the system."

and he replied.......

"OK, great, I’ll add the function in the next update."

So at this point we are not sure if the fobiks that are already programmed for the vehicle can be simply readded to the system or do they have to be reprogrammed and if that is the case then the fobiks would have to be "virginalized" beforehand which I do not have the ability to do.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

I would also like to enable input in motion (passenger can input address, etc.), but this is secondary and could live without. Thoughts/options?

Alfa does not have the ability to do this.

Macmechanic

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 JGC
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Unfortunately, as best I can tell, there is no "Erase Ignition FOBIKs" option implemented in the 2.1.6.8 version of AlfaOBD for any non-PowerNet version of the RFH for any of the various vehicle models so I am unable to test it to see exactly what happens.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

If you go to the Shared Google Drive folder listed in the first post, there is a file called "AlfaOBD Acronyms" that has most of the more common ones.

While there are hundreds of options in the tool, there is no list of what all of them do, only listings for the tested & confirmed changes, which you will also find in the shared folder. Many of the options in the BCM and other modules don't actually do anything on our trucks because the same BCM hardware is used on many FCA vehicles and those options are for a different vehicle line. Some of the more recently tested/confirmed ones might only be here in the thread as Ghost maintains the files in the shared folder out of the goodness of his heart and does so when time permits.

On the subject of CBC, it's been so long since it got abbreviated in the tool that I don't even recall what it stood for, but since CBC is what's in the tool menus and in the config dumps the tool produces *, you don't really need to know what it stands for to find things. That's why CBC isn't in the acronym file, it's meaning isn't needed to find or do things with the tool.

If there's something specific you are trying to find and it's not listed in the shared drive files, just ask here and one of us will do our best to help you, even if only by pointing out where it's already documented.

-K

* In the Android version at least, I've never used the windows version and can't speak to it's wording.

WVRam68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you everyone on this forum. Enabled DRL, Global Down, Disabled fog drop out with alfaobd.

Question:
Front camera options. Right now I run a camera with a 3.5" lcd by my ignition. I want to get this onscreen. I enabled the cargo cam option and was going to tap into that radio harness to add the RCA connector.

From what I am reading though, is that prior to MY16 we shouldn't have this option and its a bug in the radio on 17.11.XX. I was thinking of just doing it anyways and trying to make sure it doesn't get upgraded. Sadly, long term with OTA updates possible and needing to bring it into the dealership (lifetime warranty), I doubt this will be possible long term.

Thoughts/options?

I would also like to enable input in motion (passenger can input address, etc.), but this is secondary and could live without.
To add front camera (don't care if it auto turns on at speed) and input in motion, what is the best hardware option?
I am running this setup on my 15, but installed a 8.4 out of a 16. It is running UCONNECT_8.4A_RA3_17.43.01_MY17_NAFTA update.
Works perfect. Added it 2 weeks ago. M2MODS made the plug for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

phreak480

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

Question:

Thoughts/options?

Seek out the modification made by customtronix, I have his mod on my 2014 and have front cam and input in motion.