AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canadian Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 SLT
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Correct it came with Quads . The front left parking light is not out . All lights work fine . The error comes on the cluster as Parking light out but goes away after a second . And I had the retrofitted headlights installed for 1 month , had to send one back due to condensation and when t was fixed I reinstalled them . Was working fine for about 2 months then this error popped up

I'm having the same problem on my '17, haven't had time to check which fault code is coming up yet. Hopefully going to pull everything apart this week again and double check all the connections/settings in AlfaOBD. I installed factory projectors.

I have same settings except I have the hood switch ajar set to yes and my switch usage is set to 1K because that’s what allows my remote start to work.
So the LED flashes but if I open the door with the key no horn?? I don’t know, I’ve made tons of changes with Alfa and everything else has worked flawlessly.

I'm having problems getting the factory alarm to work as well.

Psyko Sematic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm having the same problem on my '17, haven't had time to check which fault code is coming up yet. Hopefully going to pull everything apart this week again and double check all the connections/settings in AlfaOBD. I installed factory projectors.

I'm having problems getting the factory alarm to work as well.
Yup same . I need to have time to take the headlight out

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
New video out!
I love all of you ladies and gentlemen.
Thank you all for your knowledge and making this possible for those of us who are visual learners.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does it let you put in decimal? Or just the whole number? I havnt tied with decimal yet
To be honest, I don't think you would need it as the speedo would be pretty close. Someone who's performed the tire size adjustments might speak up. I only provided the calculator I found for ease of use for people. I haven't had the need to adjust my tire size yet.

Steve Tokash

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just ordered my MX+ this morning should be here either tonight or tomorrow (gotta love amazon). Do you need the 4 digit pin to change any settings or is it just pertinent for certain things like the tire pressure thresholds? Tire pressure is the main reason i want this because the light on the dash is driving me nuts, but other stuff seems fun to mess around with DRLs and things along those lines.

Also one other question i have a 2014 big horn 2500 6.4 and it currently has heated front seats and heated steering wheel, did i understand correctly that i will be able to activate vented seats with alfa as well?

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just ordered my MX+ this morning should be here either tonight or tomorrow (gotta love amazon). Do you need the 4 digit pin to change any settings or is it just pertinent for certain things like the tire pressure thresholds? Tire pressure is the main reason i want this because the light on the dash is driving me nuts, but other stuff seems fun to mess around with DRLs and things along those lines.

Also one other question i have a 2014 big horn 2500 6.4 and it currently has heated front seats and heated steering wheel, did i understand correctly that i will be able to activate vented seats with alfa as well?

Anything RF hub related (TPMS included) will need the 4 digit code AFAIK.

Vented seats can be activated, but you need the actual vented seats. If the seats are cloth, they are not vented.

drozek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone know if I can always have cruise control turn on with my 1500?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Cesar592

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
ok someone else had this problem a while ago add my cd disc and update my bcm in alpha by adding usb aux and sd card since my new console had cd now my problem is that I changed my old vp4 2013 for a vp4 2017 and still disappeared my aux usb and sd card I tried to look for it in alpha as I did a while ago but can't find external port type my truck is a 2013

amargelewicz8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure if this was discussed yet but I was able to clear the error message for LED reverse and license plate lights through Alpha OBD without installing resistors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
ok someone else had this problem a while ago add my cd disc and update my bcm in alpha by adding usb aux and sd card since my new console had cd now my problem is that I changed my old vp4 2013 for a vp4 2017 and still disappeared my aux usb and sd card I tried to look for it in alpha as I did a while ago but can't find external port type my truck is a 2013
Car Config change... Ecu 3... External Port Type...
dd69b8ed79c64ddef06bc1851c95c96c.jpg784e21f9cf915045763619616c661709.jpg

M² Mods.

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I spent the morning till about 2pm today with Rick "Ricks Ram" and Nathan 'STecoD" while they installed passive entry and push button start in my 17 Ram. These guys are one hell of a team, concord this install super fast and the install quality is second to none. Everything looked like it came with the truck from the factory down to the wiring, wire sheathing, connectors and placement. Better yet once all was programmed via Alpha everything worked perfectly on the first try. I do have to say that I am blessed to have these guys for my friends. They worked very hard today in the valley heat for a guy that was a stranger just months ago, thanks again guys for all the hard work. :)

IMG_0176.JPG

IMG_0178.JPG

0827191.jpg

IMG_0170.JPG

IMG_0171.JPG

diboblo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
how long did it take for you guys to get your activation code? I sent email after purchasing software but still have not gotten activation code
I know you went with Android & made some changes, but did you ever get an activation code?

Other members, on other forums are still waiting on a Windoze code, after 3 days.

Bob

amargelewicz8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know you went with Android & made some changes, but did you ever get an activation code?

Other members, on other forums are still waiting on a Windoze code, after 3 days.

Bob

Took around 24 hours for him to send it to me for the windows activation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cesar592

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
Car Config change... Ecu 3... External Port Type...
dd69b8ed79c64ddef06bc1851c95c96c.jpg784e21f9cf915045763619616c661709.jpg

M² Mods.
I can't find it anywhere, someone else with a 2013 has this problem I know that in the past I had it when I added my cd disc eh I send an imail to the developer but I continue without any response thanks mike this is how mine looks

BEAB3259-618E-43B7-B101-8C474C4A6BEE.jpeg

57buick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L diesel

Bob
Yea took two days but I finally got it. I actually like the windows version just easier to read thru the list on the laptop IMO

DerekZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9L

Bob

Yea took two days but I finally got it. I actually like the windows version just easier to read thru the list on the laptop IMO

Cool. Thanks. I'll report back to the others to wait it out.

Bob

I've been talking with Bob on another forum about this. Relating my issue here in case the info helps inform the community.

My initial activation request bounced with an error reporting that my email server was blacklisted at the alfaobd end.
It seems odd since it was a comcast server. I emailed alfaobd about the issue via a different account and am waiting for their reply.
I'll update with the outcome.