AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It connects. To what, I’m not sure. I can have AlfaOBD connect my Ram to a MY2017 grand Cherokee BCM, and I successfully changed all my mirror settings back and forth. I just need someone with power folding mirrors to try it. All anyone ever did was add the auto fold CSM to the radio, which won’t do it. The auto fold option in the doors needs to be enabled, also. When I’m connected to the BCM as a Ram truck, that option doesn’t show up under doors (for me, anyway), but it does show up if I’m connected as a GC.

I have power fold mirrors, PM me the process and I might be willing to give it a try

Ive already added the AutoFold CSM but obviously that doesnt do anything.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have power fold mirrors, PM me the process and I might be willing to give it a try

Ive already added the AutoFold CSM but obviously that doesnt do anything.
Sent PM

jshatch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Anybody with power fold mirrors, wondering if I can get someone to try something out, as I don’t have power folds right now. We already know that the auto fold doesn’t work on our Rams....WHEN CONNECTED TO A RAM BCM. I’ve been doing some research and comparing, and found that a Jeep Grand Cherokee uses the same BCM with all relevant circuits in the same pin locations on all the connectors. They also use the same door modules with the same relevant circuits, most importantly the LIN BUS circuit (which is what communicates to the BCM to auto fold). In 2017, the grand Cherokees started with the auto fold feature. I’ve already connected to a grand Cherokee bcm and successfully made changes to my truck with it. I’m wondering if someone could connect to a MY2017 grand Cherokee BCM, and enable “doors- auto power folding mirrors”, and the auto power folding mirrors CSM, and give it a try. The behavior should be- shut the truck off, close the doors, lock them, and they should power fold away (if it works).
I just tried on my '17 and it did connect after selecting grand cherokee, but I could not find the option "doors- auto power folding mirrors", plenty of other door options though. Can you screenshot what you see?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I just tried on my '17 and it did connect after selecting grand cherokee, but I could not find the option "doors- auto power folding mirrors", plenty of other door options though. Can you screenshot what you see?
I’ll grab a screenshot when I get home today. Here’s an example of a BCM system ID- CPPI0Hg.jpg

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If there's part of the process that wasn't in your post I'd like the PM as well.
Copied from my PM- On the main alfa screen, just set up as if you are a Jeep Grand Cherokee (WK2, I believe, or the one that is 2011>). Then select body module. Then MY2017 BCM. Enable the auto fold CSM. Then enable “door-auto power folding mirrors feature”. If it takes, your mirrors should auto fold when you lock the doors with the truck off. If not, I’ll have something to go off of to start asking Alexey some questions.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Once I connected to my truck I lost the option in question.

It shows my truck as a 2016 bcm, maybe there was a later revision? My truck was a very early my17 build.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Once I connected to my truck I lost the option in question.

It shows my truck as a 2016 bcm, maybe there was a later revision? My truck was a very early my17 build.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Well, that makes two of you with the same results. I’ll double check mine again tonight (maybe I was seeing things when connected?). I’ll email Alexey tomorrow morning and explain what we’re trying to do, and what I think needs to be done to get this working.

jshatch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I’ll grab a screenshot when I get home today. Here’s an example of a BCM system ID-
My system ID does not show that option. My BCM is also showing as a MY-2016 though my truck is a 17.

Screenshot_20191022-095200.png

John Owen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I just tried it with the PC version and I choose all the options and then connect and it auto connects the correct BCM for my truck (2015)and does not show the auto-fold option.

AZJohnnyO
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Just double checked mine. Same as you guys. No doors-auto fold. I’ll email the developer with a thought on how to make it happen. 2017 GCs have it as a factory option. Hopefully it’s just a matter of him taking the same procedure to change on a GC, and adding it in the doors list for our BCMs.

rpr

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Guys, I searched but could not find any help on this. The instructions in Post 1 only describe how to backup your BCM using the android version. How do you backup your BCM using the Windows version of alfaOBD?

John Owen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I guess it’s my turn now, has anyone found a way to disable the auto park “feature” on the RAM 1500 or Jeep GC??

AZJohnnyO
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Any way to add the off road pages to my 8.4n 2018 4x4
Does the 2018 rebel support that from the factory with UAQ/UAS radio?? If so then it's likely possible.

(Wasn't possible on the 13-17 trucks/RAx radios without custom radio SW from Customtronix... They stopped offering after v16.x).

M² Mods.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does the 2018 rebel support that from the factory with UAQ/UAS radio?? If so then it's likely possible.

(Wasn't possible on the 13-17 trucks/RAx radios without custom radio SW from Customtronix... They stopped offering after v16.x).

M² Mods.

Tell me how!

Also long time no see, been laying low. To jog your memory I got a auto ac harness as a tester as well the obd bypass, as well my bighorn 2014 has a weird combination of parts that made the a/c seat swap too easy

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Tell me how!

Also long time no see, been laying low. To jog your memory I got a auto ac harness as a tester as well the obd bypass, as well my bighorn 2014 has a weird combination of parts that made the a/c seat swap too easy
You'd have to verify if it's even possible by finding documentation that it's a factory option on any trim of the truck, ie Rebel.

See posts 1094 & 1095 for the last time it was tried...

M² Mods.

twizt3dkitty

Reaction score
Off road pages?? I know alot of ppl wanted the srt pages and theres a million warnings about not enabling them... not sure why that is either...

But what are off road pages.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Off road pages?? I know alot of ppl wanted the srt pages and theres a million warnings about not enabling them... not sure why that is either...

But what are off road pages.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Give level of the truck on both axis as well power distribution.