AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sevvvy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Hello everyone,

Been lurking on this thread some time and first post on the forums. I've come across a few errors while trying to activate my DRL using a 2017 Dell laptop. This forum has got me through some of the issues (thank you all) but I've hit a road block with the current error. The picture attached is the issue I'm having. I've tried messing with all the setting in advanced mode (picture attached). I've also now bought 3 OBD scanners trying to see if any would work. Am i missing something here?

Other options I've thought about are switching to android, may have to purchase Alfa again. Or using a USD ODB scanner.

Any suggestions are welcome as I'm getting frustrated and would really like for this to work.

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

joelmic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab 3.6L 4x4 20x9 Wheels
Engine
Is there a way to turn off the "key in ignition" chime with the alfaobd???

Wouldn't you want that ON just in case you have a brain fart???

Or maybe you have a special purpose

HammRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Wouldn't you want that ON just in case you have a brain fart???

Or maybe you have a special purpose

If I thought that I wouldn't have ask. I have turned it off on every vehicle I have had for the last 30 years.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
. I've come across a few errors while trying to activate my DRL using a 2017 Dell laptop. This forum has got me through some of the issues (thank you all) but I've hit a road block with the current error. The picture attached is the issue I'm having. I've tried messing with all the setting in advanced mode (picture attached). I've also now bought 3 OBD scanners trying to see if any would work. Am i missing something here?

Other options I've thought about are switching to android, may have to purchase Alfa again. Or using a USD ODB scanner.

Any suggestions are welcome as I'm getting frustrated and would really like for this to work.
The OBDLink MX+ shouldn't have any issues as that what the developer recommends using. Is the MX+ updated to the latest firmware? I know you can use the Android app to update it, I'm sure there's a way on the PC also.

javier_si04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The OBDLink MX+ shouldn't have any issues as that what the developer recommends using. Is the MX+ updated to the latest firmware? I know you can use the Android app to update it, I'm sure there's a way on the PC also.
Hello guys,
A little bit off topic, I have a question I don't have any cameras at my truck at the moment but I would like to add some. Will it be possible to get them unlocked first with the OBDLink MX+ to appear in my radio before installing them? Or do I have to install them first and then unlock the features in the truck with the alphaOBD?

Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

MarshallGibson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello everyone!

I’m a bit puzzled! So I have a LinkMX and AlfaOBD through my Android phone. Yesterday, I was able to successfully backup my factory setting and activate my DRLs on my ‘16 Laramie.

So this morning I wanted to backup my wife’s Charger factory setting. I was able to successfully see her settings before sending them to Google Drive.
I got the message...successfully uploaded blah blah blah.

BUT when I got to GD and opened the file I sent, it ended up being my Ram settings from the day before!

I tried several times and it sends my Ram settings EVERY TIME!

Could someone be so kind as to tell me what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks!

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
BUT when I got to GD and opened the file I sent, it ended up being my Ram settings from the day before!

Go into Preferences and turn the Keep Session Data Off
Then using a file explorer go-to:
Android/data/com.android/AlfaOBD/files/logs
Clear those out and then go back and download your Charger

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I have a question I don't have any cameras at my truck at the moment but I would like to add some. Will it be possible to get them unlocked first with the OBDLink MX+ to appear in my radio before installing them? Or do I have to install them first and then unlock the features in the truck with the alphaOBD?
You can try turning the cameras on, they are of the analog variety so you'll probably get a black or blue screen if the radio switches to the and there is no video signal

javier_si04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can try turning the cameras on, they are of the analog variety so you'll probably get a black or blue screen if the radio switches to the and there is no video signal
Thank you

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Hello everyone!

I’m a bit puzzled! So I have a LinkMX and AlfaOBD through my Android phone. Yesterday, I was able to successfully backup my factory setting and activate my DRLs on my ‘16 Laramie.

So this morning I wanted to backup my wife’s Charger factory setting. I was able to successfully see her settings before sending them to Google Drive.
I got the message...successfully uploaded blah blah blah.

Thanks!

Try to scroll to the bottom of your current document. New entries get appended to the end.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hello guys,
A little bit off topic, I have a question I don't have any cameras at my truck at the moment but I would like to add some. Will it be possible to get them unlocked first with the OBDLink MX+ to appear in my radio before installing them? Or do I have to install them first and then unlock the features in the truck with the alphaOBD?

Thanks.

This may answer your questions...

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...&share_fid=17770&share_type=t&link_source=app

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

MarshallGibson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Try to scroll to the bottom of your current document. New entries get appended to the end.
I actually saw that and uploaded a before and after by accident! I was happy to see that, even though there were a couple of settings that didn’t need change the rest were listed.

joelmic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab 3.6L 4x4 20x9 Wheels
Engine

Canadian Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 SLT
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Hello everyone,

Been lurking on this thread some time and first post on the forums. I've come across a few errors while trying to activate my DRL using a 2017 Dell laptop. This forum has got me through some of the issues (thank you all) but I've hit a road block with the current error. The picture attached is the issue I'm having. I've tried messing with all the setting in advanced mode (picture attached). I've also now bought 3 OBD scanners trying to see if any would work. Am i missing something here?

View attachment 205504

I had the same problem when I tried using the PC version. Change the Interface to OBDLink instead of OBDKey (if you're using the MX).

Tyson Mutchler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Lonestar Silver Edition
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I found this page about 30 days ago and wanted to say thank you for all of the great insight!!! It has been a true blessing and a huge money saver!!! I am on my second RAM 2017 Lonestar SE 5.7. I have been able to unlock the following so far thanks to all of you!!

Global Windows Down
VTA
Splash Screens
DRLs
Remove LED Errors
Activate led bar via homelink keys
Partial Debadge
Vinyl Wrap Removal b/n windows
All LEDs in lights

and this is where i am requesting information. I switched out all fronts to leds (fogs, markers, low, high) in my quads with a kit from Amazon. Everything worked perfectly without changing anything in alfa with exception of the low beams. I have done most of the steps that have been detailed t/o the forum. I have changed to HID, lowered the voltage, activated leds, deactivated leds and to no avail. The one option that I haven't seen info is the bixenon headlights; enabled or disabled?

Hanover Fiste

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 SLT, 2018 Sport
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Anyone in the FL panhandle (Okaloosa county) with AlfaOBD? I just want to make ONE change, and I really don't want to spend the $$$ to make just a single change.

I'd be willing to buy you lunch.

Last edited:

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I found this page about 30 days ago and wanted to say thank you for all of the great insight!!! It has been a true blessing and a huge money saver!!! I am on my second RAM 2017 Lonestar SE 5.7. I have been able to unlock the following so far thanks to all of you!!

Global Windows Down
VTA
Splash Screens
DRLs
Remove LED Errors
Activate led bar via homelink keys
Partial Debadge
Vinyl Wrap Removal b/n windows
All LEDs in lights

and this is where i am requesting information. I switched out all fronts to leds (fogs, markers, low, high) in my quads with a kit from Amazon. Everything worked perfectly without changing anything in alfa with exception of the low beams. I have done most of the steps that have been detailed t/o the forum. I have changed to HID, lowered the voltage, activated leds, deactivated leds and to no avail. The one option that I haven't seen info is the bixenon headlights; enabled or disabled?

What led's are you using?
What voltage did you lower?
Only change for led's in the lows needed is VehConfig 3 high intensity discharge lights

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman