AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
The other night, I swapped in a cluster for mileage correction. That was the 5th time I’ve used AlfaOBD for the mileage correction. The previous four times were successful using Android version (various software versions), MX, and LG Stylo plus. The other night, with the current Android version, it wouldn’t work. Got the laptop out and tried the windows version with MX- still didn’t work. Then I got out the OBD Link EX cable on the windows version, and everything worked the first try. I don’t have an adapter for the EX to try on the Android version, so I can’t say if that would have worked.

I've seen a few people say they tried the 3.5 option with the 7" evic and that worked

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman
1990 5.9L 12v Cummins W250

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So my ****** settings on Alfa had fog dropout to yes. I changed that and can see it when I’m in Alfa but when I go to upload it to my google drive it shows that it still says yes when I know for a fact I now have dogs on with high beams. Am I uploading the file wrong somehow as it’s still showing the date of the 16th when I just made that change today. I must be doing something wrong and defeats the purpose of having a running individual logs of changes.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So my ****** settings on Alfa had fog dropout to yes. I changed that and can see it when I’m in Alfa but when I go to upload it to my google drive it shows that it still says yes when I know for a fact I now have dogs on with high beams. Am I uploading the file wrong somehow as it’s still showing the date of the 16th when I just made that change today. I must be doing something wrong and defeats the purpose of having a running individual logs of changes.
Each time you upload, a new log gets added to the list of the ones you uploaded before. Scroll down till you reach the most recent log.

aimvee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On the classics..
Does anybody know if the wiring harness is above the headliner? For the trucks that did not come with the overhead console/lighting?
Has anybody done the install and activation?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
On the classics..
Does anybody know if the wiring harness is above the headliner? For the trucks that did not come with the overhead console/lighting?

I have a 2018 rc that didn't come with a console/lamps and no harness from the factory. Easy way to tell is pull the left side dash access panel, take a picture and post it of the green connector showing how many wires come out of the top. I did the swap and added the harness, for an RC it pins at the left A & B pillars.

konfuzed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter Hemi
I've had alpha for awhile now but I haven't messed with anything on it. this thread is pretty informative but a lot of comments to read. So forgive me if this question is in here. But is there a way to have the reverse lights come on with the cargo/ bed light? We camp alot, so I'm always needing to light up camp. I'm adding a few small LED light bars somewhere on my topper and I wanted them to come on with my reverse lights but also be able to turn them on anytime. I know that I could add a relay and a switch and achieve this, but if there's an option to make them do it with alpha then that would be a lot less wiring. What do yall think?
PFA884a3dcd5fa55f0ad7cb80d45b115c69.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Matty B

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’m on the hunt for an OBD adapter cable set, but really just need the blue at this stage. What is the best cable or set to purchase & from where? Any help is greatly appreciated.

BigPhilly21Fifth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Each time you upload, a new log gets added to the list of the ones you uploaded before. Scroll down till you reach the most recent log.
I guess I’m confused as I get that but when I last up loaded it to google a few days ago it gave me a date up top of Jan 12th which wasn’t correct nor did it show the change to me disabling fog light drop out

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I am guessing this is just a general chat for alfa obd so asking in here as well. Just put in the remote start on my 2018 diesel 3500. Everything works great except it doesn't delay. When I start it, it starts right up, not giving the plugs time to warm. I cannot find the setting anywhere as the only one I find is "wait to start" and it is turned on already. Any help?

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I am guessing this is just a general chat for alfa obd so asking in here as well. Just put in the remote start on my 2018 diesel 3500. Everything works great except it doesn't delay. When I start it, it starts right up, not giving the plugs time to warm. I cannot find the setting anywhere as the only one I find is "wait to start" and it is turned on already. Any help?

I'm not sure what you think the problem is?
It looks like you are in Florida, probably not cold enough for the wait to start to come on. I wouldn't worry about it. I have my grid heater disconnected and it starts fine in the 20's here in Georgia. It's a non-issue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I'm not sure what you think the problem is?
It looks like you are in Florida, probably not cold enough for the wait to start to come on. I wouldn't worry about it. I have my grid heater disconnected and it starts fine in the 20's here in Georgia. It's a non-issue

I wasn't sure because when I get in the car with my tip key, it takes...5 secs for the light to go off. When I start with the remote start, I sat in there to test, and it the wait to start light didn't come on at all and it started. New to the diesel world, and just don't wanna **** it up.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I wasn't sure because when I get in the car with my tip key, it takes...5 secs for the light to go off. When I start with the remote start, I sat in there to test, and it the wait to start light didn't come on at all and it started. New to the diesel world, and just don't wanna **** it up.
Its a good observation. I'd want to know too.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Are you tip starting the truck? or turning the key and waiting for the light to go out before starting the engine?
If your remote starting after starting the engine, any delay could be negated by the previous start.

ManualCummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
If you’re having trouble getting it to work on a 2009 to 2012 downgrade the app
They fix it for three different people we downgraded it to 2.1.7.6

ManualCummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7

That’s all there is it should do it automatically when there’s a call for the grid heater
If it under 40
Try using an older version of alpha

ManualCummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
On the classics..
On the 18 and up the wiring for the light it is there But if you want to add the home link or the GPS module you’ll have to run the wires up for that