AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ToxicFire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So wanted to confirm in here, with the new app version you cannot change engine or idle hours ect. Dont matter what phone or how powerful it is.
I used a note 20 ultra and a s21 both failed.

Now i grabbed another phone with previous version of alfaobd and did the engine hours it said failed but dash shut down rebooted and the info was changed. I then did the idle hours and again the phone said failed but the dash flashed shut down and then showed the change.

Vikto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Already done that my friend. I messaged GhostRam to add it to the list of options.

Go to BCM > P/T Chassis Net-ASCM Air Suspension Control Module and set it to “Not Enabled”

No more air ride warning.
Tapatalk

I bought the Mx+ and Alfaobd just to do this but I can’t find it.
I choose body computer or what it said in the main menu, then I’ve tried 2 of 3 that is my truck (last one don’t work). I find a lot of things in that but nothing about the air suspension.
I can choose suspension in the main menu and get the codes from it but not more then that.
Am I doing something wrong, is it removed, any guesses ?

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Light Rain Sensor Re-Adaption isn’t working on my 2016 ram 2500 I click start and nothing happens. Anyone ever try this. I'm using the PC version up to date

Trevor Gariepy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So I tried enabling my factory trailer break and have since lost my back up camera I also noticed my color theme changed from red to blue. Anyone run into this? This is the first and only thing I have went in and changed in alfaOBD. Went back in and changed everything back with no luck.

ToxicFire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is there a way on a 2014 sport with the 8.4 to enable the rear backup camera so i can click a button on the screen to view the backup camera?

Currently i have no option on my 8.4 screen.

marine6212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
2016 ram tradesman/express my TPMS does not show numbers on my evic anymore, I have alphaobd and mx+ all the tpms is turned on. Is there a way to reboot the sensors?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Is there a way on a 2014 sport with the 8.4 to enable the rear backup camera so i can click a button on the screen to view the backup camera?
There is a setting under the CSM settings for the back up camera, that should allow the button to show up on your radio.
You should be able to get the camera to turn on but it will turn the camera off(screen turns blue) when you go over 10 mph. Vehicles prior to '16 do this.

ToxicFire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There is a setting under the CSM settings for the back up camera, that should allow the button to show up on your radio.
You should be able to get the camera to turn on but it will turn the camera off(screen turns blue) when you go over 10 mph. Vehicles prior to '16 do this.
Would u happen to know what setting there's 3 or 4 different camera options? I don't want to break something haha

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Would u happen to know what setting there's 3 or 4 different camera options?
It should be CustSetMenu1: Rear Camera CSM Present

If you tow at all, try enabling:
CustSetMenu2: Trailer
Name CSM Present
That will give you the option to have names for the trailer brake settings.
(this is the first thing that took a couple of hours to show up for me).

ToxicFire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It should be CustSetMenu1: Rear Camera CSM Present

If you tow at all, try enabling:
CustSetMenu2: Trailer
Name CSM Present
That will give you the option to have names for the trailer brake settings.
(this is the first thing that took a couple of hours to show up for me).
Thanks for that. I don't tow and don't have a break controller yet.

Should I still enable the trailer settings? Or is that not needed then to get the rear cam button to show up?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Should I still enable the trailer settings? Or is that not needed then to get the rear cam button to show up?
The trailer name setting is not needed for the rear cam button.
Since you don't have the factory brake controller the trailer name won't show.

ToxicFire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The trailer name setting is not needed for the rear cam button.
Since you don't have the factory brake controller the trailer name won't show.
Great thanks going to give this a try.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Currently i have no option on my 8.4 screen.
This option was not available in 2014. You will have no place to enable it in your BCM. The only way to do this with a 2014 is to enable the cargo cam option. This will bring up the "Cargo Cam" icon in your Apps screen. You would push on cargo cam and then it gives you the option to press the backup camera. This is where it gets tricky. The 2013 to 2015 trucks that had the cargo cam option from the factory All came with the backup camera in the rear view mirror. The 2013 to 2015 radios are Programmed to work this way in the firmware. The 2016 and 2017 trucks changed and both the backup camera and cargo camera show on the main screen. What this means is if you enable the cargo cam feature you will lose your backup camera all together because it will be trying to send the signal to your rear view mirror. You can get around this by installing a 2016 to 2017 radio. This is what I did in my 14. I also installed the cargo cam so I have both. I belive M2mods in the vendor section of the forum makes a harness to move the signal from the mirror to the radio. He's in the vendor section of the forum if you want to look him up. There was a firmware radio update for the 13 to 15 trucks that enabled the radio to function like the 16 and 17 trucks. It was 17.11.07. This firmware has other glitches plus GPS issues and has been update to 18.45.01. I don't recommend trying to get that Firmware. You should be currently running the 18:45:01. Sorry for the long reply. Long story short you will not be able to add just the backup cam button in your 14. The option is not in your BCM.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Mrmagoolin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I have a 2014 that came with the backup camera only in the radio. I installed the cargo cam and enabled it with AlfaOBD it worked as it should until the 18.45.xx update. I then lost my cargo cam. I sent it to Infotainment and they reset it the 17.11.xx software and put a patch for the GPS on it. It cost about $200 with shipping. Everything is back to normal and working as it should.

eljefe

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
How can I change the gear ratio in a new ECM I purchased? I have 3.92 and ECM has 3.55. Thanka

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
How can I change the gear ratio in a new ECM I purchased? I have 3.92 and ECM has 3.55. Thanka

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Alpha can't change anything in the ECM, but there are Gear Ratio settings in the BCM. Pehaps they are what you need?

VehConfig 4:
Dynamic Tire Circumference (All or Rear) (0-65534 mm): 2570.000 mm

-K

Last edited: