AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Perhaps send an email to the AlfaOBD folks concerning this and see what the response is.

Keep us posted, as you aren't the 1st to flag that on here.

Prototype4342

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Perhaps send an email to the AlfaOBD folks concerning this and see what the response is.

Keep us posted, as you aren't the 1st to flag that on here.
If you've got an email for me to send it to I will gladly do so. The "Help" section of the app itself is useless in that regard.

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I sent an email this morning and got a reply already.

Sent this:
Good morning

Have been reading several posts on websites concerning the application of the pin number. The AlfaOBD reads the 4 digit pin with no problem, but when folks attempt do some changes, the AlphaOBD program requests a 5 digit pin be typed in.

These folks have tried adding a "0" either before or after the 4 digit pin with no success.

Is there a glitch in the program requiring a 5 digit pin for access or a secret number / letter that needs to be used in addition to the 4 digit pin?

I know my Windows based AlphaOBD does not have this anomaly. Seems as though it's just the Android version displaying this.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated

Thank you in advance

Bill Curtis"

This is the reply:
Hello,

Sorry for the bug introduced in the last update, I will fix it in the next one expected in a few days.

Meanwhile the fixes are available:

Android https://www.alfaobd.com/AlfaOBD_GP_fix.apk , the current app needs to be removed before installing the fix

Windows https://www.alfaobd.com/AlfaOBDsetup_fix.exe Install it on top of the existing installation.

Regards,

Alexey Chernikov

AlfaOBD

Looks like the mystery has been ID'd and the fix is on the way

Prototype4342

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I sent an email this morning and got a reply already.

Sent this:
Good morning

Have been reading several posts on websites concerning the application of the pin number. The AlfaOBD reads the 4 digit pin with no problem, but when folks attempt do some changes, the AlphaOBD program requests a 5 digit pin be typed in.

These folks have tried adding a "0" either before or after the 4 digit pin with no success.

Is there a glitch in the program requiring a 5 digit pin for access or a secret number / letter that needs to be used in addition to the 4 digit pin?

I know my Windows based AlphaOBD does not have this anomaly. Seems as though it's just the Android version displaying this.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated

Thank you in advance

Bill Curtis"

This is the reply:
Hello,

Sorry for the bug introduced in the last update, I will fix it in the next one expected in a few days.

Meanwhile the fixes are available:

Android https://www.alfaobd.com/AlfaOBD_GP_fix.apk , the current app needs to be removed before installing the fix

Windows https://www.alfaobd.com/AlfaOBDsetup_fix.exe Install it on top of the existing installation.

Regards,

Alexey Chernikov

AlfaOBD

Looks like the mystery has been ID'd and the fix is on the way
Excellent! This worked. Thanks everyone for your help.

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Searched and searched lol.
While to the trans relearn, I drive vehicle letting it shift to 4th gear. My question is when I stop do I put it in park or keep it in drive, hold the brake and activate the emergency brake? TIA

jnrdata

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well seems like I may have screwed this up.
I foolishly enabled SRT and performance pages on my 2017 1500 Sport. They didn't work so I turned them off, and now I have a "fuel sensor failure" on my dash and the gauge goes from empty to level in the tank again and again. I tried to compare by back up log to see all the changes the settings enabled to return them to stock, but it seems my log is corrupt and won't open when I download it from Google Drive. Does anyone have a listing of what settings the "SRT" and "performance pages" change and the what default values should be, so that I can try to get my truck sorted. Or worse case will replacing the fuel pump/sending unit correct this? Everything else appears to be working properly except for the fuel gauge issues. Thanks in advance for any information.

danielrly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Would anyone know where the UAQ 8.4 uconnect is reading the temp from? C vs F US vs Metric

2013 Ram originally from Canada
Just installed a UAQ 8.4

Power the radio up while the dash evic is in US Fahrenheit and the radio reads F until Sirius XM loads then the radio temperature goes to Celsius.
I want the radio to read US Fahrenheit

The dash stays in US

2 things is seems to affect

1. It just bothers me :)
2. ATC climate control stops being adjustable in increments when radio is in Celsius and dash is in US Fahrenheit

It goes full cold or full hot no inbetween unless I match the radio to the evic.

Anyone know how to change this?

Have tried in the radio under the "units" section and only the dash switches from US to metric.

Also did alpha odb under the customer features and again only the dash evic switches
20230911_215505.jpg20230911_215416.jpg

Last edited:

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well seems like I may have screwed this up.
I foolishly enabled SRT and performance pages on my 2017 1500 Sport. They didn't work so I turned them off, and now I have a "fuel sensor failure" on my dash and the gauge goes from empty to level in the tank again and again. I tried to compare by back up log to see all the changes the settings enabled to return them to stock, but it seems my log is corrupt and won't open when I download it from Google Drive. Does anyone have a listing of what settings the "SRT" and "performance pages" change and the what default values should be, so that I can try to get my truck sorted. Or worse case will replacing the fuel pump/sending unit correct this? Everything else appears to be working properly except for the fuel gauge issues. Thanks in advance for any information.
I have the printout for mine the day I got the OBDLink MX+ if you need it for ref. It's just a '16 plain Jane 5.7

I edited out the change log and VIN

Attachments

• Ram Body Computer configuration .pdf
    131.4 KB · Views: 12

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Would anyone know where the UAQ 8.4 uconnect is reading the temp from? C vs F US vs Metric

2013 Ram originally from Canada
Just installed a UAQ 8.4

Power the radio up while the dash evic is in US Fahrenheit and the radio reads F until Sirius XM loads then the radio temperature goes to Celsius.
I want the radio to read US Fahrenheit

The dash stays in US

2 things is seems to affect

1. It just bothers me :)
2. ATC climate control stops being adjustable in increments when radio is in Celsius and dash is in US Fahrenheit

It goes full cold or full hot no inbetween unless I match the radio to the evic.

Anyone know how to change this?

Have tried in the radio under the "units" section and only the dash switches from US to metric.

Also did alpha odb under the customer features and again only the dash evic switches
View attachment 528183View attachment 528184

Was any other work done recently when you noticed this issue?

There should be an option under Settings then Display for Metric or US.
Do you have those options?

It may need to be reflashed for Region.

I'll message you a link with more info of others that had this problem too.

danielrly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks @18CrewDually. No other work done.

I do have the options in the radio under units it will only change dash not radio.

Anyone know if you can change Climate control module region code in alpha obd?

Or if the dealer can?

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Thanks @18CrewDually. No other work done.

I do have the options in the radio under units it will only change dash not radio.

Anyone know if you can change Climate control module region code in alpha obd?

Or if the dealer can?
On AlphaOBD you can select region for BCM.
But I'd first check to see what yours is set to.
Screenshot_20230912_130846_AlfaOBD.jpg

There's also seperate Radio region settings.

Last edited:

danielrly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have changed that still nothing. Even pwercycled radio after change. Came up with Fahrenheit but after xm Sirius loads it goes back to Celsius on the radio.

On another forum I read dealership changed climate control region code and resolved it.

I don't see anything with region codes for climate control module in alpha obd

danielrly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't think it does, I just think around the time xm loads the radio is also picking up something from climate control module or bcm that makes it switch to Celsius
After I powercycle the radio

The only options I see to change are
Country code have changed to US still Celsius

Destination country USA still no luck

Instrument panel from metric to US only changes the dash not the radio to Fahrenheit

Last edited:

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
I don't think it does, I just think around the time xm loads the radio is also picking up something from climate control module or bcm that makes it switch to Celsius
After I powercycle the radio

The only options I see to change are
Country code have changed ot to US still Celsius
Destination country USA still no luck
Instrument panel from metric to US only changes the dash not the radio to Fahrenheit

There's also RADIO module you can go into for settings but I've never messed with that.

jnrdata

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the printout for mine the day I got the OBDLink MX+ if you need it for ref. It's just a '16 plain Jane 5.7

I edited out the change log and VIN
Thank you for the file. Seems like I got most everything sorted. I still have an error code P0436 Fuel Level Sensor Circuit High Input. The truck was showing "fuel sensor fail" on the evic until I filled the tank back up from half full. Only the light remains. The truck is new to me by a week so don't know the vehicle history. Could it be a coincidence the error light showed up at the same time? I have a 30 day time frame to make the dealer correct this, so will contact them to see what can be done.

Warlock2021

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
any idea why on my 2021 Ram Warlock that the Alpha OBD2 is asking for a 5 digit pin vs the 4 digit? I am trying to program new fobs for my remote start.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
any idea why on my 2021 Ram Warlock that the Alpha OBD2 is asking for a 5 digit pin vs the 4 digit? I am trying to program new fobs for my remote start.
It is a glitch in the last release. Alexie has a fix for it. Need to upload latest version. Check the alpha site for details.

Warlock2021

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Thanks for quick reply, sorry what do you mean by Alexie, and do you happen to know how to update Alpha OBD software? what i can see you download the latest and install?