AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Alexie is the guy that wrote the program. If you have the app or the pc version there is a check for updates function. Search 5 digit pin and you can find the info here on the forum.

Warlock2021

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Well I confirmed that I have the latest version, and now i'm not able to read the 4 digit pin like i did before, it says somethign about 5 digit rolling pin, procedure failed. Any idea?

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine

Read this and follow the instructions. It is leterally 2 or 3 pages prior to your question.

OnlyCesar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
XM radio icon won't appear if your truck has another region in the BCM, you have to select USA in alfa obd

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know what I am doing wrong with alfaOBD. I have a check cap and day later got a CEL. I know it has to be the evap? My issue is why when I clock on the check engine in alfaobd and pull codes all I see is a short from my third break light. Why isn’t Alfa showing me the evap codes? Am I possibly doing something wrong?

superjoe83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone know what I am doing wrong with alfaOBD. I have a check cap and day later got a CEL. I know it has to be the evap? My issue is why when I clock on the check engine in alfaobd and pull codes all I see is a short from my third break light. Why isn’t Alfa showing me the evap codes? Am I possibly doing something wrong?
You have to connect to the engine controller to read codes from it. It sounds like you are reading codes from the BCM

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You have to connect to the engine controller to read codes from it. It sounds like you are reading codes from the BCM
I think that is what I did. So what should I be doing instead of the bcm?

Zyphyon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2018 Ram 1500 Crew cab
Sport
I hope this is the right area to post this question.
Needing some help, but I think I might know the answer. I have alfaobd for my windows laptop, my ecu is unlocked and I have a "Security module and smart access cable" from HpTuners https://support.hptuners.com/hc/en-...rysler-Security-Module-and-Smart-Access-Cable
The question is, do I also need to purchase the "Security module bypass cable" as well, or will what I have installed from HpTuners be sufficient?

Thanks.

Davecumin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I purchased the keyfobs in the picture and changed the skins on both of my existing remotes nd that was done.. i then went to the bcm under the dash shown in pic and found pin 11 the oem mopar kit calls for removing the existing pin in it isnt used anymore and to insert new pin from latch what i did was find the wire nd cut it i then added a wire to the one coming from the bcm nd grounded it tricking the bcm to thinking there is a hood latch sensor and that its in the closed position i then using alpha set the bcm changes shown in the screen shot.. the hardest part to me was waiting for the changes to take effect mine took about 45 min but well worth the wait i now how working remite start nd love it... just to make sure i checked what would happen if i ungrounded thr wire nd when tryin to remote start it woukd give a message on cluster sayin remote start canceled hood openView attachment 414216View attachment 414217View attachment 414218View attachment 414219

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I know this is old but do you think it’ll work if I tap in a ground wire with out having to cut the existing wire?

Frank Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is there a way to search just this forum on AlfaOBD?

I have read and read but can't just keep spending time trying to find out if anyone know how to make the truck auto lower when put into park, ever time.
The truck has a button to push when you park to lower it so you can get in easier, which my wife needs, but I'm trying to see if there is a setting in the controls that might be changed to make this happen every time it goes into park.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Is there a way to search just this forum on AlfaOBD?

I have read and read but can't just keep spending time trying to find out if anyone know how to make the truck auto lower when put into park, ever time.
The truck has a button to push when you park to lower it so you can get in easier, which my wife needs, but I'm trying to see if there is a setting in the controls that might be changed to make this happen every time it goes into park.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
On my Grande Cherokee there is a setting in the options screens on the radio screens that makes it squat every time. I would be surprised if your pickup didn't have the same.

Last edited:

Topzide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I know this is old but do you think it’ll work if I tap in a ground wire with out having to cut the existing wire?
Yes this will work, but you are taking the safety of the ground of the hood latch out of the circuit! This could be an issue when working under the hood and somehow the remote start button gets pushed! Have had mine start with fob in pocket! Your truck, your choice! I wouldn't want to risk loosing a finger or worse.

Frank Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On my Grande Cherokee there is a setting in the options screens on the radio screens that makes it squat every time. I would be surprised if your pickup didn't have the same.
I guess it's a surprise, but my 2015 Laramie does not have that selection in any of the listed area. Funny that is does AERO mode when above 63 mph thus lowering, but no selection for when parking other than the manual button.
I wonder if anyone knows where it might be found as an option with the AlpfOBD screens??

Thanks for your input Dean2. Tells me it can be done. Now just to figure out where.

tnctx02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM SLT
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
Sorry if this has been asked, I did search for how to update AlfaOBD and didn't find an answer.
How do you update it and where can I find the current version number?

tnctx02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM SLT
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
In the Windows version, click on "about" and it shows what you have. I checks for updates automatically.
Thanks. I need the way to check in android for my phone also

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Thanks. I need the way to check in android for my phone also
Go into Playstore and click on upper right icon in the screen.
Then click manage apps & devices.
Then click on updates available.
Finally, look for AlfaOBD app to see if an update is available.