AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone know how long it usually takes for off-road pages to show up once activated? I activated yesterday and still hasn't shown up as of today. I thought I had read where others had activated this feature and had it working. I have 8.4 UAQ. Also is there any benefit from setting vin for our radios? I noticed when going through settings in Alfobd that you can update vin for the radio in the same way you do when changing instrument cluster. Just not sure if there's any reason to do so? When I signed up for Sirius with my new radio it says I'm driving a 2018 Ram 1500 since the radio came from a 2018. Just wondering if changing to my trucks vin makes it so I don't need to use donor vin for updates and whatnot.

Last edited:

thegreat22

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Express 1500 CC 4x4 - Black Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone know the tire size in mm for 35x12.50r20. I’m new to the this alfa obd

mills5119

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone had an issue where you enter the PSI value you wish to set as the new TPMS threshold, the program says the change is complete, and the new setting is a different value than what you selected? Example: I select 55 front and 65 rear for my new value, the program says the change is complete, but the new value is 50 front and 60 rear. The value I end up with seems to always be 5 psi lower than what i selected.

Mopar1987

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Trying to program my BW44-45 swap and this keeps popping up…

I do have an HPTuners security bypass installed for engine tuning. Is it possibly not allowing this to happen?

Attachments

• IMG_7518.jpeg
    IMG_7518.jpeg
    144.1 KB · Views: 14

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Trying to program my BW44-45 swap and this keeps popping up…

I do have an HPTuners security bypass installed for engine tuning. Is it possibly not allowing this to happen?
Which OBDII plug in module are you using? Some are more capable than others

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
can you update vin of truck with the radio with ALPHAOBD?
I just ran AlfaOBD for your 2019, is says you can reset the VIN, but need to "Use the MS-CAN blue adapter". I believe this applies to not all OBDII interface modules.

AlfaOBD states:

3. Colored adapters

An additional adapter or set of adapters may be needed depending on the car model / production year and the OBD interface used.

For the recommended OBD interface and adapter options for a particular vehicle model see Supported Vehicles

On its selection screen, the AlfaOBD app displays the type of the adapter to plug into the car OBD socket and the suggested OBD interface to connect to the selected control module. Also, the app displays the "Connect adapter..." message before attempting to connect to the control module.
Note: No "blue" adapter needed when using OBDLink MX+ / EX, ELS27, Vgate vLinker FD / FD+ / MC / MC+ / FS interfaces. Close the "Connect blue adapter" message and proceed with the connection.

The following vehicles require "grey" adapter (independent on the OBD interface used, except the OBDKey multipin):

Alfa Romeo Giulia / Stelvio
Fiat 500E (2020+) / 500X / Argo / Chronos / Ducato Serie 8 (2022+) / Toro
Jeep Renegade / Compass (MP)
RAM Pro Master (2022+)

The following vehicles require "yellow" adapter (independent on the OBD interface used, except the OBDKey multipin):

Alfa Romeo Giulietta / Mito / 4C
Fiat 500 / 500E (before 2020) / 500L / Panda 2012+ / Punto EVO / Grande Punto
Fiat Professional Ducato (types 250 and 290 before 2022) / Doblo (type 152 / 263)
RAM Pro Master (before 2022) / Pro Master City

The adapters are available on Electronic-Fuchs.de, Obdauto.fr, Gendan.co.uk, on Amazon and e-bay.

I'm sure someone on here will clarify shortly.

Last edited:

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Has anyone had an issue where you enter the PSI value you wish to set as the new TPMS threshold, the program says the change is complete, and the new setting is a different value than what you selected? Example: I select 55 front and 65 rear for my new value, the program says the change is complete, but the new value is 50 front and 60 rear. The value I end up with seems to always be 5 psi lower than what i selected.
yup same thing, I was going for 60 all the way around. After several tries I gave up and kept the 50/60. better than 80 for the rear (2500)

Zyphyon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to have the doors lock when the truck is shifted from park to gear and the unlock when shifted back into park? I've been looking for this for a while but have had no luck.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to have the doors lock when the truck is shifted from park to gear and the unlock when shifted back into park? I've been looking for this for a while but have had no luck.

Well I can tell you my doors lock over 10 or 12 mph and then when I put it in Park it Unlocks. IIRC the setting is in settings on the 8.4 screen.

Zyphyon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I can tell you my doors lock over 10 or 12 mph and then when I put it in Park it Unlocks. IIRC the setting is in settings on the 8.4 screen.
Mine doesn't do that. It seems to be throttle position dependent and I have had my truck tuned and the throttle tuned as well for more throttle response, I can drive all day long as with the doors unlocked as long as I don't give it a lot of pedal. But the second I lean into it hard it'll lock the doors.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Mine doesn't do that. It seems to be throttle position dependent and I have had my truck tuned and the throttle tuned as well for more throttle response, I can drive all day long as with the doors unlocked as long as I don't give it a lot of pedal. But the second I lean into it hard it'll lock the doors.

Sounds like you need to take it up with the tuner. The door locks are speed triggered from factory.

ratherbecummin18

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a 2013 Ram 1500. I have alfaOBD w/ a USB Vlinker device. I am trying to disable TPMS completely from my truck for winter wheels.

I have connected everything,

VehConfig 3 Base TPM system present- NO
VehConfig 3 premium tpm system present- NO
VehConfig 5 non regulated tire pressure information system- NO

TPMS error on the screen is gone, but the icon is still lit and flashing.
I have reset the RF Hub as well. What am I missing?
hey i have some info for you, once those are all set to no you must unplug the unit and the light will go off, but you will still have the tpms screen in the dash it will just have"--"

ratherbecummin18

Reaction score
Hey, new here but this forum helped alot in the diag of a tpms issue on a 2013 ram,

somethings i have learned that could be helpful to other as the 13 ram is a weird year range,
if you want tpms off you need to use obdaplha to program off as others have stated however then you must unplug the unit, there is no way to make the tire screen go away in the dash it will always say "--" but you wont have any flashing lights or service message

another thing to note is about the tpms module in these car are the same as many other vehicles but the part numbers are all different due to the module being mounted on a bracket.

the tpms module number is 56029542ad, you can look up different mopar vehicle in the 2011-2014 range and then look at pictures of the module with the bracket and you can see the part number and see if the module is the same.

if you have replaced all the competent and the tire pressures come up on the dash BUT the tpms service message comes on and the light flashes, get another module. i just ran into this issue for the last 3 weeks i have replaced sensors tried programming out, new mopar module from rock auto. after all this i tried a tpms module from a 2014 Chrysler 300 built before 4/10/2014, as soon as it was programmed with sensors the pressures popped up and no service lights of flashing tire light. highly recommend using a used module, even if its new try another!

for 2013 rams note the tpms settings are going to be premium tpms yes every other tire option is off.

if anyone needs 2013 ram tpms help feel free to reach out

Last edited:

Puckstopper55

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 1500 Rebel
Engine
Do locksmiths need the bypass cable too? Wondering if any members live on Long Island that can program a key fob