alpha Trans relearn queation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Searched and searched and posted in the alpha thread and didn't receive a reply

While to the trans relearn, I drive vehicle letting it shift to 4th gear. My question is when I stop do I put it in park or keep it in drive, hold the brake and activate the emergency brake? TIA

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a

While to the trans relearn, I drive vehicle letting it shift to 4th gear. My question is when I stop do I put it in park or keep it in drive, hold the brake and activate the emergency brake? TIA

Hello jr27236,

We see you have some concerns about the driviing capailities with your Ram truck.. We advise you to contacting any of our dealers to get clarity on this as we would not want you to disengage any features.

Naudia
Ram Cares

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Hello jr27236,

We see you have some concerns about the driviing capailities with your Ram truck.. We advise you to contacting any of our dealers to get clarity on this as we would not want you to disengage any features.

Naudia
Ram Cares
When/where Ramcares pops up has intrigued me since I joined this forum nearly 10 years ago. You'll chime in and offer red-carpet assistance to someone with a blown dome light but I've been through two failed transmissions, a failed engine and a host of other issues (all currently solved, fwiw) and have never received a reply. Does the Ramcares rep just have a given number of posts to reply to and grabs the first few you see? Is it based on easiest to solve problems? Most pissed off person? This reply is particularly interesting (full of mis-spellings and poor grammar but I think I get what you mean). "We see you have some concerns about the driving capabilities with your Ram.... We advise you to contact any one of our dealers." Wow! Thanks! That's some really solid help!! Can't imagine how one would get by without that. So, you have a problem? Okay, go see your dealer. Thanks again... can't imagine how OP would get out of his driveway tomorrow without that.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
The ramcares response looks like it is from an intern, chat bot or I’ll let your imagination fill in the blank. What companies tolerate in terms of those who represent their brand these days is abysmal.

Bud Light found out the hard way a company needs to be very careful on whom they allow to represent their brand and whom they allow to make those decisions.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

If you’re on Facebook try the group there.

Attachments

• IMG_4226.png
    IMG_4226.png
    360.8 KB · Views: 5

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
When I did a learn on my 69RFE (ram 2500) it was all dones stationary and the app instructed you what to do. Drive, park etc. Same as what the dealer learn does.

OP
OP
jr27236

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When/where Ramcares pops up has intrigued me since I joined this forum nearly 10 years ago. You'll chime in and offer red-carpet assistance to someone with a blown dome light but I've been through two failed transmissions, a failed engine and a host of other issues (all currently solved, fwiw) and have never received a reply. Does the Ramcares rep just have a given number of posts to reply to and grabs the first few you see? Is it based on easiest to solve problems? Most pissed off person? This reply is particularly interesting (full of mis-spellings and poor grammar but I think I get what you mean). "We see you have some concerns about the driving capabilities with your Ram.... We advise you to contact any one of our dealers." Wow! Thanks! That's some really solid help!! Can't imagine how one would get by without that. So, you have a problem? Okay, go see your dealer. Thanks again... can't imagine how OP would get out of his driveway tomorrow without that.
LMAO, I found that reply quite ironic also. Especially after having to shell out $2000 on having my rear end repaired by a private shop after getting NO WHERE with Mopar customer service (severely out sourced btw) and dealer jerk around telling me that they may be able to look at in in 2 months and do a goodwill repair. 1000 miles and 1 month out of warranty. NO REPLY FROM RAMCARES when I asked for assistance.