Alphaobd Mileage Correction Notes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Connect to the engine module, then click on the battery icon in the lower right, the click read system status

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Laramie Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Connect to the engine module, then click on the battery icon in the lower right, the click read system status.

Tried that, it asks me to "Select Control Unit" (see pic). The RAM is a 2014 HEMI so I tried a few of these as Control Units but none connect to the CANBUS (?), thoughts? Alfa is connected otherwise. Is there a newer version that has some additional options? I did a screenshot when I brought my phone inside which is why it says interface not connected, I verified it was connected when I was physically trying to read the information. Is there an alternate location that provides the same info?

control unit.JPG

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Tried that, it asks me to "Select Control Unit" (see pic). The RAM is a 2014 HEMI so I tried a few of these as Control Units but none connect to the CANBUS (?), thoughts? Alfa is connected otherwise. Is there a newer version that has some additional options? I did a screenshot when I brought my phone inside which is why it says interface not connected, I verified it was connected when I was physically trying to read the information. Is there an alternate location that provides the same info?

View attachment 469097
Yours would be chrysler powertech/pentastar/world/hemi v6v8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yours would be chrysler powertech/pentastar/world/hemi v6v8
Got it to go finally, do you think it's safe to use the highest value to set the mileage on the odometer as true? I'm guessing it still won't be exact and there may be a very minimal discrepancy. Do we need to worry about Idle and Driving numbers? Are the actual numbers available someplace so I can get those proper as well?

Last edited:

Sking80

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Still no luck on updating my mileage. I have tried android phone with MX+ also laptop with MX+ and usb EX. Got the hours to update but nothing on mileage4423568D-B352-4F81-AA96-FA688A9E739D.jpeg
It says it completed but never changes. Even disconnected battery. Any suggestions???

Sking80

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Cluster is out of 2019 big horn. I have 2019 SLT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did you try doing it with the key in both positions without the truck running? Also, leave drivers door open? Don't ask me why because I have no clue but it made a difference for me on my friends 2014.

Sking80

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yes tried both ways and it claims it completed but don’t. Tried with door open and closed not intentionally it was just hot inside truck. But no changes in mileage. I can change anything else with no problems

Sking80

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The cluster flickers and shows Continental logo when I turn the key off I see the same mileage on bottom of screen. Wait 5 mins to 24 hours and turn key on and the mileage is the same still. Even disconnected the battery

NewfieDan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone had any luck with this? I got the same issues as described. Says complete but never changes. I swapped back to the 3.5 programs with no issue. Sent the log to alphaobd but no reply since. I got a 2018, the cluster is from a 2019 everything works just can't get the odometer programmed.