Alpharex Parking light messages and Non customer service.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hukweem Bailey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I installed the AlphaRex G2 Pro Series and had parking light out error from the start. Tried everything with AlfaOBD and several pre-made resistor setups and nothing worked. Finally got with AlphaRex via Facebook of all places and they told me what size resistors and where to install them, and after almost 3 weeks of errors and fighting it....no more errors. 50ohm resistor looped between the black wire and whichever color wire is next to it (mine was white/brown in driver side, but white/green on passenger side) and now no errors. I also have the front park/marker lights on AlfaOBD set to “no” and they work exactly as they should...or as they should have from day one. The resistors were $7/pair from Amazon. I would like to see AlphaRex just send some with every set of headlights in case people need them.

D7FF0FF1-3A54-48F6-BC0E-D8368FA57143.jpeg

umbighouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I installed the AlphaRex G2 Pro Series and had parking light out error from the start. Tried everything with AlfaOBD and several pre-made resistor setups and nothing worked. Finally got with AlphaRex via Facebook of all places and they told me what size resistors and where to install them, and after almost 3 weeks of errors and fighting it....no more errors. 50ohm resistor looped between the black wire and whichever color wire is next to it (mine was white/brown in driver side, but white/green on passenger side) and now no errors. I also have the front park/marker lights on AlfaOBD set to “no” and they work exactly as they should...or as they should have from day one. The resistors were $7/pair from Amazon. I would like to see AlphaRex just send some with every set of headlights in case people need them.

View attachment 236329

I had the same exact issue as you. I contacted Alpharex and they sent me some resistors. Fixed the light out message. I agree- they should include them with the package.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So, I no longer have the alpharex lights, but I just installed led switchbacks into my retrofitted quad housings. When I installed them, I immediately got a parking light out error. Pulled them and went back to the led bulbs I was using. I went back into alfaobd and enabled drl to optional and set drl location to turn signal. Reinstalled the switchbacks and no more errors. I'm wondering if anyone that still has these lights and still has the parking light out error could try enabling their drl function and setting to turn signal, if that would fix the problem.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
So, I no longer have the alpharex lights, but I just installed led switchbacks into my retrofitted quad housings. When I installed them, I immediately got a parking light out error. Pulled them and went back to the led bulbs I was using. I went back into alfaobd and enabled drl to optional and set drl location to turn signal. Reinstalled the switchbacks and no more errors. I'm wondering if anyone that still has these lights and still has the parking light out error could try enabling their drl function and setting to turn signal, if that would fix the problem.

I tried that and it didn't work ...

ric221

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

View attachment 236329
I just recently installed the G2's in my truck with no issues at all. I even replaced the bulbs with LEDs. I do believe it is a Ram thing when it come to aftermarket parts.

Chris997s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To umbighouse...Alpharex also just sent me the resistors for the same problem. My question is how did you install them? I haven’t taken the lights out to see where the small white plug on the resistor would connect.

umbighouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
To umbighouse...Alpharex also just sent me the resistors for the same problem. My question is how did you install them? I haven’t taken the lights out to see where the small white plug on the resistor would connect.

I believe I installed then like Hukweem Bailey did. And I was also able to contact them via Facebook and they sent them to me for free. Took about a week.

Mobirdie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone know the resistor size? I'm not getting any response from Alpharex. Having the parking light out issue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Here is the door one if you want to try it.

Try setting this:
CBC I/O Usage- driver door ajar switch usage > not set, none
CBC I/O Usage- front passenger door ajar switch usage > not set, none
CBC I/O Usage- left rear door ajar switch usage > left rear lamp diagnostics
CBC I/O Usage- right rear door ajar switch usage > right rear lamp diagnostics

Alpharex told me these settings are more for if you had projectors.

I had to add the resistors to finally get rid of my errors.
Can you elaborate? I just put in a new set of the luxx to replace my g2s and still getting errors

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can you elaborate? I just put in a new set of the luxx to replace my g2s and still getting errors
Seems the member you quoted and thread you revived hasn’t been active for around two years. Looks like he’s mentioning the settings in the BCM accessible via AlfaOBD.