Alpine 9-speaker system info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn Night Edition
Engine
V8
I have looked everywhere but can't find any specifics on the Alpine 9-speaker system. Are all 9-speakers and the sub Alpine? What are the specs on the speakers? Is it worth swapping any of them out for better speakers?

jeveretts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 etorque
I have an appointment with Soundcrafters this week to add 2 10” subs to my 22 Laramie. I asked them the same question and they told me the money wouldn’t be worth the improvements when replacing the other speakers. They are however going to disconnect my factory subwoofer.

these guys really know their business.

www.soundcraftersdb.com

OP
OP
FL-RAM

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I installed my Infinity 6X9s in the back doors.....holy schnike! Man, what a difference! The stock speakers are definitely NOT Alpine. Generic Chinese crap. The sound improvement is incredible. This should be added to the list of Top 5 mandatory mods.

Rubi10a

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I just got my Ram and noticed that the back speakers are lackluster. What Infinity speakers did you install and are 6x9s the standard size or did you have to do some modifications to get them to fit?

Thanks!

OP
OP
FL-RAM

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8

14 Lonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

brunzca

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (non-Etorque)
What about the ohm rating on the Infinity speakers, are they not 4 ohm compared to the factory 2 ohm? Did you notice that you had to turn the volume higher to get the same sound level?
I put these in the rear doors, before I replaced the factory amp… it made a pretty big difference In quality. The Inf Ref 6x9s are 3 Ohm, compared to the 2 Ohm stock speakers. It’s really not a big deal as far as resistance goes, and it actually seemed to me like the Infs were louder than the stock. i only use my rears for fill anyway, but I doubt you will notice much difference, volume-wise.

OP
OP
FL-RAM

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
What about the ohm rating on the Infinity speakers, are they not 4 ohm compared to the factory 2 ohm? Did you notice that you had to turn the volume higher to get the same sound level?
No issues. They are actually louder than the stock speakers. You will notice a significant difference in volume, sound quality, and clarity. One thing I did was install just one speaker, then turned the stereo on and sat and listened. You can tell immediately which speaker sounds better hear to head.

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Do you have more highs coming from the rear now? And you didnt replace dash yet correct?

Whats odd for me is the 2 different tones of highs from the dash and the rear and the rear having even more highs then the fronts. I had to fade forward 2 clicks just to have them sound a little more a like, and being in the drivers seat im hearing the right rear the most.

Im sure when i add my 12" alpine it'll drain the rears out some more and balance it. Im even thinking down the road amping some 2 or 3 way components in front doors.

mxsnow

Reaction score
Ram Year
1995 BR V10,2005 DR Hemi,2015 DS Outdoorsman Hemi,2019 Bighorn Hemi.
Engine
hemi 5.7
I put 3 NVX speakers in my dash, a Pioneer sub and I have some Morel Tempos for the doors in 6.5 inch. I know the front door tweeters won't work but that's ok, searching for roof tweeters now, might go with Hertz. I found this crossover breakdown in my searches, not sure if it's correct until I can ask an audio engineer here at work.Screenshot_20220608-155653_YouTube.jpg

therapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque
This is the best information I've seen on the specs on the stock alpine 9-speaker setup. Where did you get this? Who is this guy? Fantastic, useful info.

I put 3 NVX speakers in my dash, a Pioneer sub and I have some Morel Tempos for the doors in 6.5 inch. I know the front door tweeters won't work but that's ok, searching for roof tweeters now, might go with Hertz. I found this crossover breakdown in my searches, not sure if it's correct until I can ask an audio engineer here at work.View attachment 497004

woojyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I have the Alpine system and I will be doing a custom install when it cools down. I was validating the PAC APH-CH03 speaker connection harness in the 2022 and I found the "sub" has 3 voice coils. You can access the wiring from the AMP under the seat and measure the impedance if you need too. I'll try to remember to post a pic of the wiring diagram tomorrow.

jliepins34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just put in Infinity Reference on dash, front door and also rear door. Hands down the clarity between the Alpine and Infinity is night and day but it is too high in my opinion. Unless I upgrade the sub the highs are just too overpowering. I think I am going to rip the speakers back out and return them and start from scratch. :(

NebraskaNavyChief

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

What Sound Systems Are Offered on the Ram 1500?​

March 26th, 2021 by Fury Motors Stillwater
Share this Post: Share On Facebook Share On Twitter
2021 Ram 1500 Audio System Packages and Equipment
If a fully immersive listening experience is just as important to you as mind-blowing performance, the Ram 1500 is quite literally the best in the business. Here’s an overview of all the sound systems available in our inventory of 2021 Ram 1500 trucks here at Fury Motors Stillwater, including a look at what each package offers in speaker count and wattage.
Discover the Ram 1500 in Stillwater, MN
Looking for a new 2021 Ram 1500 in Stillwater, MN? You can shop from a vast selection of new Ram trucks when you view our inventory at Fury Motors Stillwater.
Base Six-Speaker Audio System
Standard on: Tradesman, Big Horn, Rebel
The standard sound setup of the 2021 Ram 1500 truck is a basic six-speaker audio system. This system is only found on the 1500’s lowest trim levels and some versions of the Rebel off-road truck. This setup combines two 3.5-inch instrument panel speakers, two 6×9-inch front door speakers, and two 6×9-inch rear door speakers.
Alpine ® Premium Audio System
Standard on: Laramie, Laramie Longhorn, Limited | Optional on: Big Horn, Rebel
The available 506-watt, 10-speaker Alpine® Premium audio system offers a more reverberating listening experience. The Alpine® sound system upgrade includes three instrument panel speakers, two front door speakers, two rear door speakers, two headliner speakers, and a 10-inch subwoofer that can be found behind the rear seat.
2021 Ram 1500 Harman Kardon® Premium Audio System
Harman Kardon® Premium Audio System
Optional on: Rebel, Laramie, Laramie Longhorn, Limited
You audiophiles will appreciate this one. The available 900-watt, 19-speaker Harman Kardon® Premium Audio System is best factory-installed sound system available on the Ram 1500 truck—or any truck for that matter. This package gives the 2021 Ram 1500 the most speakers available in any full-size half-ton pickup truck and delivers a 360-degree surround-sound experience via two 1-inch tweeters in the upper front doors, two 3.5-inch speakers in the rear headliner, four 6×9-inch woofers in the lower doors, and a 10-inch subwoofer that’s located behind the rear seat. The Harman Kardon® Premium Audio System upgrade is available only on Crew Cab models.

NebraskaNavyChief

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the alpine system also, but I'm waiting to install my ported alpine sub box from my gladiator,

Alpine R2-DB8V-TRK​

woojyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I just took the alpine sub out in favor of an amp rack and it doesn't even look like an 8" sub.... :hmm:

mikecoop618

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 5.7
Do the 8" Sub have to be shallow mount and can I use a 4ohm speaker instead of the factory 2ohm

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

What Sound Systems Are Offered on the Ram 1500?​

March 26th, 2021 by Fury Motors Stillwater
Share this Post: Share On Facebook Share On Twitter
2021 Ram 1500 Audio System Packages and Equipment
If a fully immersive listening experience is just as important to you as mind-blowing performance, the Ram 1500 is quite literally the best in the business. Here’s an overview of all the sound systems available in our inventory of 2021 Ram 1500 trucks here at Fury Motors Stillwater, including a look at what each package offers in speaker count and wattage.
Discover the Ram 1500 in Stillwater, MN
Looking for a new 2021 Ram 1500 in Stillwater, MN? You can shop from a vast selection of new Ram trucks when you view our inventory at Fury Motors Stillwater.
Base Six-Speaker Audio System
Standard on: Tradesman, Big Horn, Rebel
The standard sound setup of the 2021 Ram 1500 truck is a basic six-speaker audio system. This system is only found on the 1500’s lowest trim levels and some versions of the Rebel off-road truck. This setup combines two 3.5-inch instrument panel speakers, two 6×9-inch front door speakers, and two 6×9-inch rear door speakers.
Alpine ® Premium Audio System
Standard on: Laramie, Laramie Longhorn, Limited | Optional on: Big Horn, Rebel
The available 506-watt, 10-speaker Alpine® Premium audio system offers a more reverberating listening experience. The Alpine® sound system upgrade includes three instrument panel speakers, two front door speakers, two rear door speakers, two headliner speakers, and a 10-inch subwoofer that can be found behind the rear seat.
2021 Ram 1500 Harman Kardon® Premium Audio System
Harman Kardon® Premium Audio System
Optional on: Rebel, Laramie, Laramie Longhorn, Limited
You audiophiles will appreciate this one. The available 900-watt, 19-speaker Harman Kardon® Premium Audio System is best factory-installed sound system available on the Ram 1500 truck—or any truck for that matter. This package gives the 2021 Ram 1500 the most speakers available in any full-size half-ton pickup truck and delivers a 360-degree surround-sound experience via two 1-inch tweeters in the upper front doors, two 3.5-inch speakers in the rear headliner, four 6×9-inch woofers in the lower doors, and a 10-inch subwoofer that’s located behind the rear seat. The Harman Kardon® Premium Audio System upgrade is available only on Crew Cab models.

Admittedly I know zilch about the HK offering as I always get the Alpine system. But based on what I'm reading above, where are the other 10 speakers in the HK system?

Tweeters in upper doors - 2 (same as Alpine)
3.5 speakers overhead - 2 (same as Alpine)
6x9 door speakers - 4 (same as Alpine)
10" sub - 1 (same as Alpine)
Dash speakers - 3 (same as Alpine)

Where are the additional speakers?

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram 1500 sport long bed
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
Admittedly I know zilch about the HK offering as I always get the Alpine system. But based on what I'm reading above, where are the other 10 speakers in the HK system?

Tweeters in upper doors - 2 (same as Alpine)
3.5 speakers overhead - 2 (same as Alpine)
6x9 door speakers - 4 (same as Alpine)
10" sub - 1 (same as Alpine)
Dash speakers - 3 (same as Alpine)

Where are the additional speakers?
the 3.5s in the dash are coaxial that means cone and tweeter total 6, the door speakers in the alpine are just cone speakers for midrange,the hk adds tweeters to the doors 2 front plus 6x9 total 4, the back is the same in the doors total 4, 2 3.5 over head total 4 and sub all together 19 speakers and it does sound nice but i found its to bassy.

JCE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
it does sound nice but i found its to bassy
You gotta play with the EQ. I've dialed it in to back off the base by a decent amount and midrange a bit and get the focal point be the highs.

In the end the sound is only as good as the source.