Alpine system question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Curt2016Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I know I'm getting old, but my Alpine system does not seem to be as loud as when I got the truck in 2017. Level 17 was kickin' pretty good when I had my phone connected via Bluetooth. Now I have to take it up to 23 to get the same results. The rears don't seem to be very loud at all. Is there maybe a setting that was reset? The bass, mid, and treble have not changed.

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The only things I can think of is to check front to rear and side to side balance, pure stereo vs. surround sound setting and go around to each speaker and listen to it to determine if one or more have failed.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
I noticed a huge sound reduction listening to FM HD radio when my SiriusXM ran out. It was like night and day difference at the same volume. Enough that I got another subscription to Sirius within 1 week.

Could be balance, or fade, eQ settings could have reset if u changed a battery or had a pcm flash or an auto update done I’d the truck is 18 or newer. Or worse case the stock amp blew the rear channels or the speakers went. Easy would be to replace rears with decent 2-3ohm aftermarkets and see if there is a difference.

OP
OP
C

Curt2016Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Balance is in the middle and EQ are the same as well as the speed setting (volume change as you speed up or slow down) at 3.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is
Balance is in the middle and EQ are the same as well as the speed setting (volume change as you speed up or slow down) at 3.

Is the surround sound on or off? What about the fader, is it centered? You can use the balance and fader controls to isolate each corner.

You say that you use Bluetooth, any chance the level on your phone has dropped due to an update or setting change? Have you tried comparing Bluetooth and USB to see if there is any difference? What model of phone do you have? Can you test it with another phone to see what happens?

OP
OP
C

Curt2016Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Surround is on and everything is centered. The sound is the same with Bluetooth and USB. I have an S7, but can pair my daughter's phone and see if there is a difference.

Pudge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My iPhone through USB is much louder than my iPhone through Bluetooth. I’ve never been happy with the volume though Bluetooth.

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
Maybe up the game with some aftermarket audio equipment ?

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Surround is on and everything is centered. The sound is the same with Bluetooth and USB. I have an S7, but can pair my daughter's phone and see if there is a difference.

Just for fun, turn off Surround and Speed Sensitive and see if that makes any difference. Were you able to check each corner individually and see if just one of them is lower than the rest?