Alright, now I'm confused

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RJL1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Got some work done on our JKUR last week at a very highly rated off road shop that specializes in Jeeps but works on everything off road. Folks come from hours away to have them wrench on their Jeep here.

Talked about lifts for my 1500. He highly recommended the Ready lift 4" kit. I've been relentlessly researching lifts here since I bought this truck home in June, Youtube, Google, pretty much everywhere and had decided on a Zone kit. Still unsure if I want the 4" or 6" though.

I asked him about the Zone and BDS kits and he said he didn't care for them, they ride rough on the highway and the quality wasn't where it should be for that price point. He said I'd be more than happy with the Ready lift kit.

It's not very often a shop talks you away from a higher price kit with longer install book time so now I'm thinking he may be on to something.

My plans were to buy the Zone kit in stages, the kit with Fox shocks first, then save and buy the front Fox coil overs, save up and get it all installed.

The tech there said he'd install anything I wanted but said the Ready lift was a quality lift. I asked about the CV angles and he said he's never had a problem with his customers with shimmy in 4WD or ripped boots.

Great, now more OCD searching and questioning myself.

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Look into Rough Country lifts as I love my 4” on my 13 1500 Sport. It rides like a Cadillac and never had a problem with it. They’re cheaper than Zone and BDS. I’ve heard bad things about the brand he was talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
No possible way he could talk down on BDS ... They are arguably the best lift company out there ... Lifetime warranty, and the powertrain coverage ... That being said, I wasn’t planning on heading offroad, So I went with the Zone 4”F/3”R with Bils set at 1.4”, and couldn’t be happier ... Had the Zone shocks rear, but have since replaced them with Pro Comps ... Factory springs up front ... The ride is awesome, and I handles great ... Nothing close to what your guy described57a0a9c3862150f0857198c93b044c44.jpg

TXRedneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm gonna chime in on this one as I'm pretty much in the same boat. I've been researching lifts for longer than I care to admit, and two things have become abundantly clear to me.

1. I'm worse than a school girl trying to pic a dress for her first day of school.

2. IF I do lift my truck, I'm going Zone or BDS 6" with 3" Rear springs and leaving out the preload spacer, essentially giving me 5" F and 3"R lift because damn near everything I've read here says I'm eventually gonna want to go 6". Can't tell you how many threads I've read where JB1, 6.7CumminsDrvr, Nick@gotexhaust and numerous other posters have said this.

Part of my problem is I'd still like my truck to fit in the garage and I'm not sure I'll have the height...

I've been to several local 4x4 shops and not one recommended Ready Lift. One kept pushing me towards Rough Country (which killed it for me), but all the others highly recommended Zone or BDS.

That's been my experience anyway.

P.S. I'd be driving a new Limited if the damn thing would fit in my garage (Length). Just needed to get that off my chest.

OP
OP
RJL1

RJL1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the replies. I actually started a thread a while back and asked for insight from the members here and decided on the Zone kit. Not anytime too soon, I'm gonna wait until my rig has 50,000 miles on her first, thats usually when I change the shocks on other rigs I've had. I have 37K on her now so I'm thinking 12-18 months. More time to drive myself bat **** crazy.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm gonna chime in on this one as I'm pretty much in the same boat. I've been researching lifts for longer than I care to admit, and two things have become abundantly clear to me.

1. I'm worse than a school girl trying to pic a dress for her first day of school.

2. IF I do lift my truck, I'm going Zone or BDS 6" with 3" Rear springs and leaving out the preload spacer, essentially giving me 5" F and 3"R lift because damn near everything I've read here says I'm eventually gonna want to go 6". Can't tell you how many threads I've read where JB1, 6.7CumminsDrvr, Nick@gotexhaust and numerous other posters have said this.

Part of my problem is I'd still like my truck to fit in the garage and I'm not sure I'll have the height...

I've been to several local 4x4 shops and not one recommended Ready Lift. One kept pushing me towards Rough Country (which killed it for me), but all the others highly recommended Zone or BDS.

That's been my experience anyway.

P.S. I'd be driving a new Limited if the damn thing would fit in my garage (Length). Just needed to get that off my chest.

#1 is funny as hell, and exactly how I was with my wheels

#2 sounds perfect .... I was the same way ... Wanted 6” but it had to go in the garage ... OH winters .... Zone 4” with Bils at 1.4” and 3” rear springs, rollin on 35’s ... And I slide in a standard 7’ garage door, with 1-1/2” clearance ...

TXRedneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
#1 is funny as hell, and exactly how I was with my wheels

#2 sounds perfect .... I was the same way ... Wanted 6” but it had to go in the garage ... OH winters .... Zone 4” with Bils at 1.4” and 3” rear springs, rollin on 35’s ... And I slide in a standard 7’ garage door, with 1-1/2” clearance ...

It's a damn good looking rig, you did good. Do you have a cab antenna? I've got a shark fin to deal with too.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
It's a damn good looking rig, you did good. Do you have a cab antenna? I've got a shark fin to deal with too.

Thanks ... It’s been great ... 2012 with 125k .... Should there be issues with some suspension parts, you go back to them, but they are great .... And they don’t **** you on price ... I’ll be lookin for a 2021 or 2022 Gen 5 .... And I wouldn’t hesitate to go back with Zone/BDS ... 2012 had the flat puck ... If you have the fin, you lose another inch or so .... I have to be careful of snow puled in front of the door .... Or I modify my roofline ... And not in a good way

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Proly not a problem in TX

TXRedneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Proly not a problem in TX

Hell yes, it's a problem in Texas. It snowed damn near two inches 4 or 5 years ago. Could've been 6.

That is exactly everything I've heard about Zone/BDS...Their products and service are awesome. I've got 5 3/4" from tip of shark fin to garage door trim. I think it'd be tight.

OP
OP
RJL1

RJL1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hell yes, it's a problem in Texas. It snowed damn near two inches 4 or 5 years ago. Could've been 6.

That is exactly everything I've heard about Zone/BDS...Their products and service are awesome. I've got 5 3/4" from tip of shark fin to garage door trim. I think it'd be tight.
DANG! You should think about getting some tracks for your truck then with that amount of snow fall. Was this all in one day? Hope you were able to get out and get your bread and milk.

TXRedneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
DANG! You should think about getting some tracks for your truck then with that amount of snow fall. Was this all in one day? Hope you were able to get out and get your bread and milk.

THAT is a damn fine idea, put that ***** on tracks. Hell yes it was all one day, that's why I ordered the snow plow, tire chains and 1000 lbs. of rock salt. It was a complete whiteout. We were lucky to survive.

jellyballz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Literally was about to do BDS 4in with bills set at 1.4, but I like your idea with the 6/3 without preload

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

OK, that’s funny as f@ck ... We had 14” in one afternoon ... Everything is big in TX, except snowfalls .... Don’t chu worry your pretty lil heads TX ... Hurricanes, maybe, but snowfall ain’t your worry .... Lol

TXRedneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Literally was about to do BDS 4in with bills set at 1.4, but I like your idea with the 6/3 without preload

To be clear, it's not my idea. I've seen JB1, 6.7CumminsDrvr, and several others mention this numerous times. Besides, I'm not smart enough to figure that kind of stuff out. Hell, I've run over chipmunks that were smarter than I am.

But yes, It certainly makes sense.

TXRedneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OK, that’s funny as f@ck ... We had 14” in one afternoon ... Everything is big in TX, except snowfalls .... Don’t chu worry your pretty lil heads TX ... Hurricanes, maybe, but snowfall ain’t your worry .... Lol

Wanna buy a snowplow, it's brand new never been out of the box. Lmao.

Tornadoes and hail storms, that's the **** we gotta worry about in my neck of the woods.

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
And this is why I didn’t go 6” plus and 37’s..........Standard 7” garage, it’s close but she fits, shark fin has about 1/2” clearance on the rubber gasket thing

Superlift 4” front/3” rear with Bils @0.7 rolling on 35’s

I had a close up of the shark fin at the threshold but lost it via phone snafu......I’ll snap another if I can remember.

View media item 23265

TXRedneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
And this is why I didn’t go 6” plus and 37’s..........Standard 7” garage, it’s close but she fits, shark fin has about 1/2” clearance on the rubber gasket thing

Superlift 4” front/3” rear with Bils @0.7 rolling on 35’s

I had a close up of the shark fin at the threshold but lost it via phone snafu......I’ll snap another if I can remember.

View media item 23265

That would be much appreciated, Sir. Thank you!