AM/FM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kodiak56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2015 Ram Sport 1500. My 8.4 Uconnect RA4 radio lost the AM/FM usage. Everything else works great. Would anyone know of a fix or do I need to replace the radio? Thanks

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have a 2015 Ram Sport 1500. My 8.4 Uconnect RA4 radio lost the AM/FM usage. Everything else works great. Would anyone know of a fix or do I need to replace the radio? Thanks
My guess would be a bad antenna connection. Is there static or is it completely silent?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
kodiak56

kodiak56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My guess would be a bad antenna connection. Is there static or is it completely silent?

Checked the antenna and it is fine. I get a beep every 3 seconds. That's it. Sirius works great as does everything else.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Checked the antenna and it is fine. I get a beep every 3 seconds. That's it. Sirius works great as does everything else.
Ok, SXM is on a different tuner, hearing that beep would make me believe the AM/FM tuner itself may have gone bad. You should hear static if it was an antenna or grounding issue.

You can try updating firmware if you're not up to date BUT it may brick your radio if it fails to communicate with a faulty module.