Another long time lurker that finally joined

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

White six four

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been coming on here for the past 4 years, when I got my first Ram, just never signed up but really enjoyed reading and learning about the dodge trucks and other members rams.

I had surgery to remove a cancerous tumor and hopefully after my blood test today the results come back good and I'll be cancer free. Although during a ct scan they found that one of my kidneys isn't working and probably hasn't my whole life. Thanks to the surgery I cant go back to work til the beginning of February and I'm on a 10lb weight restriction til then so I've been bored out of my mind and finally decided to make an account.

My first ram was an 05 1500 quad cab 4x4 that I really liked besides living in Wisconsin and it was starting to rust away. I traded it in this summer for a 16 2500 crew cab with the 6.4. Initially I was going to trade it in for a 4th gen 1500 crew cab but not many of them around here had a 6' bed and after having the 6' bed on my 05 which many times it wasn't big enough I didn't want to downgrade in bed size. I got the 16 with 64k miles on it and have only put less then 5k on it so far. I travel alot for work from jobsite to jobsite so I usually use my beater 07 Pontiac g5 for that unless I need to haul gang boxes, tools, etc. I haven't done much to the truck yet besides led headlights which helped a lot. The stock halogens were horrible. I also replaced the front shocks with bilsteins that are made for it leveled. The truck came with a leveling kit and 295/70/r18 and I love the ride height. It also came with a magnaflow muffler. I paid extra and got a lifetime bumper to bumper warranty with it. I dont like other people working on my vehicles but with all the components in these newer vehicles I'll let someone else mess with it especially when it comes to electrical.

Our son is 3 and loves the "big white dodge pickup truck" and trucks in general. With all this time off I've been trying to find a project car for him and I that will some day be his. Although I'm sure he's going to want a truck. He can buy that himself so everything is not given to him and he learns he has to work for what he wants. I know it's not a lot of people on heres cup of tea but our project car is going to be an eagle talon. His name is Talen so my wife and I think its fitting. Plan is to completely restore it over the next 10 years and end up with a turbo'd 5 speed all wheel drive car that makes around 300-400hp.

Also the truck has a power wagon decal on the tailgate from the previous owner although it's just a tradesman model. Wife said it has to stay on since that's how she tells it apart from other white 2500s.

Sorry for the long introduction. Like I said I've been pretty bored lately and being on a 10lb weight restriction doesn't help since I cant do much.

Snapchat-2138588226.jpg

20190727_171829.jpg

Snapchat-1948009058.jpg

20190816_192944.jpg

14 Lonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome, glad to finally have you on board!

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Welcome

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Welcome and I’m really sorry to hear of your medical woes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome but can you see over the trucks steering wheel. Only kidding great truck bet your boy likes trucks now.

Last edited:

tourrider

Grumpy
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
Nice truck! Welcome, take it easy and recover quickly.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
White six four

White six four

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks and yes the boy loves the truck especially since he has plenty of room in the backseat. In the wife's outlander sport his feet are pretty much in the front seat area over half of the center console when he's in his car seat. Thanks to him being so tall. The wife is only 5'2" and it took 2 months of me convincing her she could drive the truck before she actually drove it. She said it was way too big for her but I wanted her to be somewhat comfortable in case I was out of town for work and something happened to her car. She loves driving it but rarely does since she hates trying to park it.

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome to the forum. Sucks at your young age you're having to deal with cancer but glad it's in your rear view mirror now.

OP
OP
White six four

White six four

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome to the forum. Sucks at your young age you're having to deal with cancer but glad it's in your rear view mirror now.
Thanks. I'm not completely out of the woods yet. I've had to have a blood test done every week since the surgery and this past Monday was hopefully going to be my last one but the dr called and said although what they tested is still going down it didn't go down as much as it should have so I have to have another one done next Monday.

On a good note my dodge challenger/charger evolution 1000 piece puzzle came in the mail today. I never thought at 31 I'd be so excited to get a puzzle lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956