Another UConnect Software Update? What's in It?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
Got an email from Uconnect yesterday:

UConnect-Software-Update-Se.jpg

After last year's nine month long debacle, chronicled here:
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/uconnect-software-update-received-whats-in-it.126015/

I decided I wanted to find out what I was getting before I blindly downloaded it. I called UConnect customer service and asked "What is in the Uconnect software update I'm being told I must install?"

I was asked for my truck's VIN along with other information to determine who I was and then I was told, "a comprehensive list of what is in the update will be available on your screen after downloading it."

I reiterated I want to know what's in the update BEFORE I install it.

"I just plugged your VIN into www.driveuconnect.com and it says you are all up to date. No software update is needed for your truck."

"OK, then why was I sent this email saying I needed to download a software update?"

"I really can't answer that question."

"All right, let's say I don't need an update. I would still like to know what is in the forthcoming Uconnect software update. So, what's in it?"

"But sir, you don't need the update. And besides I don't know what is in it and anyway, they don't tell us."

"There must be someone at Uconnect that can tell me what's in the latest update scheduled for Ram 1500's with the 8.4" screen. Can you get that person to answer my question?"

I was put on hold for a couple of minutes and was told no one at Uconnect Management Team was available but they were opening a case support ticket for me and someone would call within 24 hours. (Yeah, I've heard that before...)

So I'm waiting until noon tomorrow and then calling them back and citing my case number.

The really creepy thing about this is that I received the email telling me I have a Uconnect update EXACTLY one year to the day that I downloaded the previous update that ruined my stereo for nine months.

Jstmahoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 5.7 Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 hemi
Weird, I was just about to post about this. I got the same email this morning. But when I entered my vin online it said I didn’t need to update. I’d like to know what’s in the update as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

miketx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got the email in my inbox about 3 hrs ago....just noticed it and came here for any details. My Unconnect, Navigation, and stereo work fine, so I'm nervous about any updates.

hemipower95 2.0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My software won’t update even after setting it up for an automatic update several times. I’ll try to see if this works.

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
not updated mine in atleast a yr or more..Should i attempt the last update before this??

miketx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
not updated mine in atleast a yr or more..Should i attempt the last update before this??
I updated my '16 Rebel to the last update in October last year.....zero issues. (but I guess some people have had problems). I did the update via a USB drive.

Edit: I just checked via the Uconnect website (with my VIN). It's still showing that I'm eligible for the 3-23-18 update from last year (which I already installed). Doesn't show any new updates beyond that.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Interesting. I guy on the Cummins forum got an over the air update a day or 2 ago (have no idea what version) and it failed and temporarily bricked his radio (sound familiar?)

My 2016 says I need an update when I put my VIN in the site but the version it says I need to update to is already on my uconnect? (same 3-23-18 as above)

Keniu2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
I updated mine when it popped up on my screen... now my backup camera is having problems.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
@PowrRam
Your truck has the 2018 Panasonic UAS radio that we finally got the update to v22.6 correct?

(FYI for others ... None of this applies to 13-17 trucks with 8.4 radios by Harmon)

M² Mods.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
@PowrRam
Your truck has the 2018 Panasonic UAS radio that we finally got the update to v22.6 correct?

(FYI for others ... None of this applies to 13-17 trucks with 8.4 radios by Harmon)

M² Mods.

You sure about that? Like I said earlier, a guy on the cummins forum just got a OTA update on his 2016 2500. May have been a fluke but it happened

OP
OP
PowrRam

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
@PowrRam

M² Mods.
That is correct. 2018 8.4" screen, non-navigation, stock 6 speaker system.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
You sure about that? Like I said earlier, a guy on the cummins forum just got a OTA update on his 2016 2500. May have been a fluke but it happened

Any updates related to the 13-17 RAx Harmon radios are completely seperate from the 18-19 UAx Panasonic radios and the bad EQ sw that was part of the 21.9 and 22.5 update PowrRam was talking about & linked in the OP.

Last update for the the 13-17 RAx radios was v17.43.01 and was released over a year ago. See my 8.4 FW (Ra4 & UAx) info thread for links if needed.

M² Mods.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

Last update for the the 13-17 RAx radios was v17.43.01 and was released over a year ago. See my 8.4 FW (Ra4 & UAx) info thread for links if needed.

M² Mods.

Yeah, thats what I was tracking as well for the last update. Just not sure why the guy on the Cummins forum got an over the air this week for his 2016 RAx unit? May have just been a fluke? It failed so not sure what version it was trying to update to? I'll try and get more info from him if I can

DepotBo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I’m fairly new to site.. have 2017 2500, not sure which radio (No nag) but I was prompted to do an update on mine on the 3rd I think. Not sure if it ever actually updated though.

marks146

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
I updated my '16 Rebel to the last update in October last year.....zero issues. (but I guess some people have had problems). I did the update via a USB drive.

Edit: I just checked via the Uconnect website (with my VIN). It's still showing that I'm eligible for the 3-23-18 update from last year (which I already installed). Doesn't show any new updates beyond that.

Same here. I did the 2018 update without issue last year, but it still shows I need to do the same update. I also received the email stating an update is forthcoming.

Curious...

50BMG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you are happy with how everything works, I wouldn't let them stick ANY new software into your system!
All they want to do is take away features that you may enjoy but are now "politically incorrect" for whatever reason...

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Just typed mine in. I will check my truck tomorrow.

View attachment 179562

That's a year and a half old. More then likely you already have it. I do and yet when I type in my Vin it says I need it. There is a newer version out but it does not appear to be a download, over the air only so you have to wait your turn.

musicwatkins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6 cylinder
Okay I hope someone can answer this for me. I just traded in my 2018 RAM for a 2019 Ram. I had the update problems with the radio in my 18 Ram just like everyone else but I downloaded the workaround update that somebody in this forum put up and that fixed my radio. My new 2019 Ram Stereo sounds like it has the bad update. It sounds muddy and garbled and Super Bass heavy with no real Clarity in it at all. I guess my question is can I put that other download into this radio that worked on the 2018 radio and see if it fixes this one?