Antenna just broke

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dakotanut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My antenna just broke and fell off. The threads are stuck in the fender part. I have a short one on my mustang. Can someone point me in the direction of a place where I can buy a short one for my truck?. I listen to Sirius/XM mostly so doesn't need to be long. Thanks. It's the one for the radio not the SiriusXM.

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
My antenna just broke and fell off. The threads are stuck in the fender part. I have a short one on my mustang. Can someone point me in the direction of a place where I can buy a short one for my truck?. I listen to Sirius/XM mostly so doesn't need to be long. Thanks. It's the one for the radio not the SiriusXM.
If u can figure out how to get the base out ause the same thing happened to me months back. Can't get the thread out and my tap to large.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Too small for an ez out?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know it ain't easy to find but try a left handed drill bit. In some cases it will just drive the piece out.. at a minimum it won't drive it in any further.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

OP
OP
dakotanut

dakotanut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If u can figure out how to get the base out ause the same thing happened to me months back. Can't get the thread out and my tap to large.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
I drilled it and used an easy out. I have many from work. Gotta use the small one.

TigreST

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've tried a couple different shorty designs and then "settled" (which is a key word) on this one:

https://antennax.com/i-24625635-off-road-13-inch-antenna-1994-thru-2016-dodge-ram-1500.html

I think most of the non-OEM shorty designs boast "reception the same as OEM" but they are far from it. Antenna X comes sort of close I guess. Having said that, I don't use the radio for music normally as I've got about 7000 tunes on my Ipod Touch that sits on "shuffle" and gives me commercial free. no chat, tunes.

The shorty flexable antenna looks better then stock OEM (IMHO) but also allows for hassle free windshield snow and ice removal in the winter months,..which is really the main reason I installed it. No fear of snapping the antenna off because of my clumsy use of the windshield scraper/brush. The picture below is from the above website info page,..this is NOT my truck.

T.

The blue truck is mine.

"The Stubby" is a billet alum. unit 4" in length...again, reception was poor in my opinion...so it's back in the box.

M145663509.jpg

AntennX.jpg

StubbyAntenna.jpg

Last edited: