Any issues with the 2019's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

*tim*

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Is there any issues with the 2019s being a first model year? Or any issues in general with the new generation to look for when purchasing?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

danoday

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm at 19k miles now and zero issues to date on my 2019. No mods or upgrades. Stock tires are wearing well with rotations. No oil burn on PuP and srt filter. Occasional boat towing and no off roading. Best MPG has been 12.x and worst was 10.9 on highway 85mph sustained. Brakes are still spongy like the day I drove off the lot new. No squeaks, ticks, rattles, or rust. Stock carpet floor mat on driver side showing wear. Paint and plastics are holding very well. Hope that helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No issues, There were "3" recalls that were done. The only thing that bugs me is the poor performing AC in the 19's and 2020, supposed to be fixed on 2021's. There is a TSB out for the fix I just have not taken to dealer yet. Other than that, 16K on truck. I got rid of crapola SRA's and got good Falken Wildpeak AT3W's on truck and a full bed tonneau cover and a better air filter. Other than that, stock. 5.7l no E-torque. Took 4050 trip: city 13-19 mpg, highway 18-22, so cannot complain, it is a Hemi, all IMHO...

*TIM*: Go 2021, got new better TT controls, U can get the MFT tailgate (wish I had), and stuff. But U gonna have to go higher than Bighorn trim level to get some/all of that. If I was buying now, I would go for it. Not know if U can go and get a lower trim built with some high option things like MFT, that U would have to research.

Last edited:

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I'm sure the electrical gremlins that plague some earlier gens will eventually appear. I'd be shocked if they don't.

Ram Wagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I'm at 19k miles now and zero issues to date on my 2019. No mods or upgrades. Stock tires are wearing well with rotations. No oil burn on PuP and srt filter. Occasional boat towing and no off roading. Best MPG has been 12.x and worst was 10.9 on highway 85mph sustained. Brakes are still spongy like the day I drove off the lot new. No squeaks, ticks, rattles, or rust. Stock carpet floor mat on driver side showing wear. Paint and plastics are holding very well. Hope that helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

You can try an abs bleed/purge and then bleed the brakes. It will make a difference in how the brakes feel. I used and alfaobd to do this on my 18

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I bought a left over 5th Gen 2019 Laramie 1500 QC 5.7L eTorque 4x2 back in October with the 12" radio... At 4500 miles it started acting up which is common with the this year and some 2020's.
Radio is getting replaced once the parts come in after dealer tried a 'sw update'.

* That's my only issue. The rest of the truck so far has been rock solid in all aspects * (6900 miles).

See details here...
5th Gen 2019+ 12" UAX Owners Radio Reboot Issues/info here.

And a list of TSBs and recalls here...
From Car Complaints.com 2019 5th gen 1500 TSB List.

Some other places to look at:

https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle.

https://www.tsbsearch.com/RAM.

M² Mods.

Last edited:

Breaker Alex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
25K miles and going good.
Offroaded a bit and pulling a trailer all week.

@danoday my brakes don't feel spongy.
In fact, with the original 33s tires it braked like a 1500.
I put on 37s and it still brake a bit better then my dads 2018 ( 15k miles )

Gamedog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
392 c.i.
2019 PW with 36K+ miles.

No major issues, minor issue with a blinking axle unlock light that comes on every now then in cold weather (-25 degrees F). Lockers engage without any issues even when this is blinking though, so not too worried about it. Also had my front driveshaft seal tear for some weird reason, replaced under warranty, no issues since then.

RRTX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
42k miles on my '19 in just over a year with no real problems. The audio with the Harmon Kardon system kind of sucked at first but that was fixed with an over the air update to the system that came automatically. Occasionally I get the "Front Parking Sensors Unavailable" that comes on randomly but it always goes away by itself by the time I turn the truck off and on again so it's never bothered me enough to try to have it looked at. Factory tires still had some tread at 42k and probably would have made 50k pretty easily but I just replaced them with 35" KO2's. Other than that just oil changes and tire rotations is the only maintenance I've done.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
‘19... transmission would have issues shifting over 4th gear over 3500 rpm. Took it to the dealer once, they reprogrammed it. Tried to get in the freeway in front of a semi and damn near got killed. Last time, I refused to shift at all after a fast lane attempt. Was on the way to the dealer when it threw up a cylinder 2 misfire error. Spent a month at the dealer waiting for a new transmission. Oh, and all of this was within a year and with 30k miles on it.