Anyone find a way to disable the auto parking break when driving with the door open?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BAMF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I told them not to comply with that CSN when I went to the dealer for a recall but I have a 2015 that didn't come with it originally. I don't think it's possible to remove it once it's installed. I have a small farm and drive a lot with my door open, not hooking up a trailer, just short drives that is just a pain if you have to get in close the door and buckle up for.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I told them not to comply with that CSN when I went to the dealer for a recall but I have a 2015 that didn't come with it originally. I don't think it's possible to remove it once it's installed. I have a small farm and drive a lot with my door open, not hooking up a trailer, just short drives that is just a pain if you have to get in close the door and buckle up for.

So they respected your wishes and didn’t install it? Well, be thankful they didn’t because a lot of people had it done anyway after specifically asking them not to.

But no, as far as I know, it can’t be removed once it’s there unless you could talk a dealer into removing it which is highly doubtful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BAMF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So they respected your wishes and didn’t install it? Well, be thankful they didn’t because a lot of people had it done anyway after specifically asking them not to.

But no, as far as I know, it can’t be removed once it’s there unless you could talk a dealer into removing it which is highly doubtful.

They didn't want to, they had to get the manager and I had to sign a release saying they weren't liable if something happened.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
For those of you who are assuming that the only reason someone would open their door while the truck is moving is for backing up to a trailer, you obviously haven't driven off road much.

Or tried to see your front tires while pulling onto a set of ramps...

-K

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

I've declined it 3 times now. They note it on the form and obey, so far. But now there's another one and they say their system will install all or none, so I can't have any updates done without it being added.

-K

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Or tried to see your front tires while pulling onto a set of ramps...

-K

Maybe that’s why we can all be thankful that at least they designed the system to not engage as long as we have our foot pressing slightly on the brake pedal.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Maybe that’s why we can all be thankful that at least they designed the system to not engage as long as we have our foot pressing slightly on the brake pedal.

Wouldn't work with my ramps & truck. I need the gas applied until I hit the stops or it won't go up.

-K

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wouldn't work with my ramps & truck. I need the gas applied until I hit the stops or it won't go up.

-K

Then ride the brake as you give it gas. That’s what I do when it comes time for an oil change. Or ****, if that’s too difficult or impractical, just buckle the seatbelt then before you get in it to pull it up on your ramps. Easy peasy.

BAMF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've declined it 3 times now. They note it on the form and obey, so far. But now there's another one and they say their system will install all or none, so I can't have any updates done without it being added.

-K
Dang that sucks.... I really don't want that one!

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dang that sucks.... I really don't want that one!

Man, it’s really not that bad. I mean, I get it, it is a pain in the ass but given the fact that it’s so easy to defeat allowing you to still move your truck with your door open, even without costing you nothing to circumvent it, I just can’t understand why it’s still a problem for so many people.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
For those of you who are assuming that the only reason someone would open their door while the truck is moving is for backing up to a trailer, you obviously haven't driven off road much. I used to regularly open my door to clear a rock or a log, or whatever obstacle I wanted to avoid. That's the reason I bought a seat belt extender when I had my 2017 Rebel, and kept it for use in my current truck. I don't really go off road anymore, but I like knowing that I can if I want to. And not have to worry about the nanny auto-park "feature".

Maybe I never did it properly, but the few times I needed it in off-road type situations with older trucks, I craned my neck out the window or leaned out slightly. That being said, I can understand this argument more than the backing up one.