Anyone get a cracked frame on a 5th gen 1500 yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miketx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have zero fear of towing my truck too. But I won't use those silly suspension helpers anymore. WDH is all I'll use and if it's still sagging excessively then I need a bigger truck. After setting up my Anderson WDH I've had the best setup yet, and I've tried sumo springs with husky centerline and I've tried air bags with husky and both those setups were dicey even though it looked visually far better.

Better to have a little bit of sag with a properly setup system than a system that looks good but handles terribly.
Andersen is a good WDH.....I have it also. But my Rebel also has air suspension, so I don't have sag even without the WDH in play. But I definitely need the WDH...no way I'd tow my camper without it.

2022BigHorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So, should I be worried about towing a 7,000Lbs 18' flatbed tandem axle trailer in the mountains with this truck or would I snap/crack my frame? Should I consider installing a weight distribution system?
My current set up is just a 2 5/16 ball and the hitch max weight is 750lbs for hitch weight. Max hitch weight on my truck being the class 4 is unknown and is this sufficient for towing 5500 lbs? There is no weight distribution hitch on it at this time.

Last edited:

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
@2022

5500lb x 15% hitch load = 825lb which is greater than your hitch capacity (by 75lb) so you would technically be overloaded.

That said, my inner redneck couldn't care less about anything under 8000lb so its up to you.