Anyone try Modifystreet headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Are you running Halogens or did you upgrade to LED/HID? I have had my G2s (just the halogen lights) for less than a week and keep having the Parking Light Out error (B16C3 and B16BF). I made the cardinal sin and did not record my factory settings before starting to change things with AlfaOBD, but I have got the error to only come on when the headlights are on and I use the directional. I have also somehow disabled my fog lights...anybody know what I screwed up there? Really hoping some members can shed some expertise because I love the look of the lights.

I have been running led's but I'm just about to finish up part 2 of my retrofit and will be running hid's for the low's. The settings I listed fixed my errors. Like you I would only get an error when the lights were on and I'd use my turns. The settings I listed will work even with halogen bulbs. Setting VehConfig 3 to high intensity discharge lights turns off pwm (pulse width modulation) which sends pulses to the low beams to help "extend" the life of the halogen bulbs.

I don't have alphaobd with me but somewhere in the car configuration settings you'll see fog lights. Just make sure they are still enabled. Although it's possible that you bumped the center of headlight switch turning them off. Just press that and see if they turn on.

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

danmit37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have been running led's but I'm just about to finish up part 2 of my retrofit and will be running hid's for the low's. The settings I listed fixed my errors. Like you I would only get an error when the lights were on and I'd use my turns. The settings I listed will work even with halogen bulbs. Setting VehConfig 3 to high intensity discharge lights turns off pwm (pulse width modulation) which sends pulses to the low beams to help "extend" the life of the halogen bulbs.

I don't have alphaobd with me but somewhere in the car configuration settings you'll see fog lights. Just make sure they are still enabled. Although it's possible that you bumped the center of headlight switch turning them off. Just press that and see if they turn on.

Tomorrow I will try the settings you’ve listed and hopefully clear my error.

As far as the fogs, the switch isn’t working. When I was having other errors, the fogs would come on, flash a couple times, then go out, but indicator in my cluster would stay on. Now, the indicator won’t even light. That’s why I think I disabled them.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Tomorrow I will try the settings you’ve listed and hopefully clear my error.

As far as the fogs, the switch isn’t working. When I was having other errors, the fogs would come on, flash a couple times, then go out, but indicator in my cluster would stay on. Now, the indicator won’t even light. That’s why I think I disabled them.

It's possible that you disabled them. Did you install led's in your fogs

danmit37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's possible that you disabled them. Did you install led's in your fogs

No. No LEDs other that the DRLs and direction als thatbthe lights came with. I watched a YouTube video that they turned on all LED features to get rid of errors, so I tried. To my surprise, the truck had a couple on from the factory, but I didn’t pay attention to which. Now that they are all off, fogs don’t work. I may have to spend the time testing.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
No. No LEDs other that the DRLs and direction als thatbthe lights came with. I watched a YouTube video that they turned on all LED features to get rid of errors, so I tried. To my surprise, the truck had a couple on from the factory, but I didn’t pay attention to which. Now that they are all off, fogs don’t work. I may have to spend the time testing.
Did your truck come with factory projector headlights, or the quad headlights?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I believe on post 1 on the alphaobd thread there is a Google drive link with some stock bcm reads. You should be able to find one that closely matches your truck to compare

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ima roll with quads or he would already be ok running leds.

danmit37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Ok...made the settings you suggested. Errors came back. There was a post from @chrisbh17 to try turning on LED Parking Lights if your fix didn't work, which I tried and still get errors. There are some suggested posts to disable a door ajar setting. Any thoughts on that? Reading through, it seems like that clears a different error, but worth a try.

Note...after making the changes in your post, it did throw the error once with lights on and using brakes, no signal.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Ok...made the settings you suggested. Errors came back. There was a post from @chrisbh17 to try turning on LED Parking Lights if your fix didn't work, which I tried and still get errors. There are some suggested posts to disable a door ajar setting. Any thoughts on that? Reading through, it seems like that clears a different error, but worth a try.

Note...after making the changes in your post, it did throw the error once with lights on and using brakes, no signal.

If you're truck originally had quads most likely the door adjar setting would already be disabled. Did you try adjusting the voltage for turn, parking and side markers?

danmit37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you're truck originally had quads most likely the door adjar setting would already be disabled. Did you try adjusting the voltage for turn, parking and side markers?

I adjusted the voltage to the left and right front corners to 12.2, as well as left and right low beams to 12.2

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So, I figured out how to use my Southwest Airlines rewards points (I accumulated well over 300k over the years) and ordered $600 worth of amazon gift cards which should be here in a few days. My plan is as follows:

chrome 19 style no HID original version
Hikari Ultra H7 LED for the lows
Katana H7 LED for the highs
Kindle fire 7 tablet to be compatible with the app and OBD dongle (we’re all apple)
OBDLink Mx+

gift cards should be here Monday or so, then I expect a week for delivery of the components. Hoping to tackle install next weekend if everything is here.

I currently have TYC projectors that had a Morimoto 15+ relay harness, 1 morimoto 35w ballast, 1 hylux 35w ballast, 2 5500k bulbs, and all associated resistors. The Morimoto ballast took a dump (3rd one in 2 years, hence the 1 hylux ballast) so I pulled the setup completely and installed silverstar ultras for the interim. They’re barely palatable compared to the hid.

I thought about replacing the hid kit, but noticed my passenger projector has a purple tint while my driver side is clear, and it results in a different color output. I’ve dealt with it for 2 years, and now I can replace it for no cost to me.

From all I read, the Hikari Ultra seem to be great in the lows. I prefer HID in the 4500-5000k range for brightness and projection, but the Hikari seem to get good enough reviews and I don’t have to hack my dust covers up. If I end up not liking them, I’ll get an bid kit of some flavor.

I bought the tablet and OBD dongle to use Alpha OBD to adjust for leds in the lows, highs, and park/turn. While I’m in it, I might change my tire size as well to even out things.

I’ve tried looking, but this is a large thread. Does anyone have a link that can direct me to the needed AlphaOBD changes/procedures for the lows, highs and park/turn? Also the tire size change.

if I don’t like the Hikari in the lows, I’ll end up ordering an HID kit (probably GTR gen 5 55w 5000k to replace them. My wife and daughter have LED factory in their cars (2015 Mini Cooper S amd 2018 Mustang Eco) and all is well, so hoping for similar results.

plan to wire in the DRL with the provided harness as well. I have a 2017 1500 (lone star). Can anyone advise fuse to tap into? Also what size “add a fuse” would I need? I have never opened the fuse box so I don’t know what size the fuses are in this truck.

sorry for the novel and barrage of questions, but I do thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So, I figured out how to use my Southwest Airlines rewards points (I accumulated well over 300k over the years) and ordered $600 worth of amazon gift cards which should be here in a few days. My plan is as follows:

Kindle fire 7 tablet to be compatible with the app and OBD dongle (we’re all apple)
OBDLink Mx+

gift cards should be here Monday or so, then I expect a week for delivery of the components. Hoping to tackle install next weekend if everything is here.

I currently have TYC projectors that had a Morimoto 15+ relay harness, 1 morimoto 35w ballast, 1 hylux 35w ballast, 2 5500k bulbs, and all associated resistors. The Morimoto ballast took a dump (3rd one in 2 years, hence the 1 hylux ballast) so I pulled the setup completely and installed silverstar ultras for the interim. They’re barely palatable compared to the hid.

I thought about replacing the hid kit, but noticed my passenger projector has a purple tint while my driver side is clear, and it results in a different color output. I’ve dealt with it for 2 years, and now I can replace it for no cost to me.

From all I read, the Hikari Ultra seem to be great in the lows. I prefer HID in the 4500-5000k range for brightness and projection, but the Hikari seem to get good enough reviews and I don’t have to hack my dust covers up. If I end up not liking them, I’ll get an bid kit of some flavor.

I bought the tablet and OBD dongle to use Alpha OBD to adjust for leds in the lows, highs, and park/turn. While I’m in it, I might change my tire size as well to even out things.

I’ve tried looking, but this is a large thread. Does anyone have a link that can direct me to the needed AlphaOBD changes/procedures for the lows, highs and park/turn? Also the tire size change.

if I don’t like the Hikari in the lows, I’ll end up ordering an HID kit (probably GTR gen 5 55w 5000k to replace them. My wife and daughter have LED factory in their cars (2015 Mini Cooper S amd 2018 Mustang Eco) and all is well, so hoping for similar results.

plan to wire in the DRL with the provided harness as well. I have a 2017 1500 (lone star). Can anyone advise fuse to tap into? Also what size “add a fuse” would I need? I have never opened the fuse box so I don’t know what size the fuses are in this truck.

sorry for the novel and barrage of questions, but I do thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer.
Might I suggest just getting the Innovited 35w 5000k HIDs for lows and using the Hikari Ultras for high? That's what I run and if you prefer the lower temperature that's the way to go.

For reference, the Hikari Ultras are around 6000k and the Katanas are around 6500k. I posted pictures to compare a few months back in this thread.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins

OBDLink Mx+

Post 1 has everything you need to know

AlfaOBD
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to.../AlfaOBD.123982/&share_type=t&link_source=app

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Might I suggest just getting the Innovited 35w 5000k HIDs for lows and using the Hikari Ultras for high? That's what I run and if you prefer the lower temperature that's the way to go.

For reference, the Hikari Ultras are around 6000k and the Katanas are around 6500k. I posted pictures to compare a few months back in this thread.

I considered the innovatided kit, and will keep it in the back of my mind. For now, I want to try LED as it is less mess for install. I’m guessing I will grow tired of the led and go hid at some point, but currently I’ve got the amazon cart within a few dollars of the $600 gift cards and need to stop messing with it. I may try Hikari ultra low and Katana high, then switch to compare at some point. We shall see.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I considered the innovatided kit, and will keep it in the back of my mind. For now, I want to try LED as it is less mess for install. I’m guessing I will grow tired of the led and go hid at some point, but currently I’ve got the amazon cart within a few dollars of the $600 gift cards and need to stop messing with it. I may try Hikari ultra low and Katana high, then switch to compare at some point. We shall see.
The Innovited kit and the Ultras have a very similar footprint. I thought the same way about trying to fit HIDs in. The Innovited 35w kit is very compact.

You won't be disappointed with the Hikari Ultras though.

UgB4e

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey y’all! Wow I have been reading every post on here for the last couple days and there is a ton of information. I just decided to order the Alpharex Chrome G2 series with Top and Bottom DRL and Sequential turns directly from Alpharex. After using a coupon I saw online I paid around $390. I remember when the discussion about the G2 series came out I believe it was @crash68 who said he went with Gen 1 because of the chrome due to his white Laramie. When I ordered these I messaged Alpharex to make sure I was getting what I wanted and they said they updated their specs to now include a chrome version of the G2.

Just waiting for those to ship. Then I saw all the posts about HID vs. LED. Leaning towards the Innovited or DDM 55watt HID kit for lows and Hikari H7 Ultra for hi’s. Quick question what are y’all running for your fogs??

51A90AE3-4899-402D-BB0C-2847C79AE870.png

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
When I bought my chrome V1s, I think the just the smoke lens version G2 was available at that time.
Quick question what are y’all running for your fogs??
Morimoto XB LED vertical fogs
I've thought about going to some Rigid SAE pods