Anyone try Modifystreet headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
OK...I'll give that a try. It will be tomorrow...we are in the middle of a snowstorm right now and the wifes car pulled garage priority. lol

Thanks, guys...I'll let you know what I learn. I'll make settings, give the truck plenty of time to set, then I'll read the System ID to make sure settings took before I test. Usually the LED Parks setting on makes the problem worse (error with lights on instead of when directional are in use) but I'll try it with the voltages settings different)

You're in the same storm I'm in. I'm in upstate NY. 2 hours north of Syracuse

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

Last edited:

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
With the Hikari Ultra and Katana H7 LED bulbs, does it matter which way they are connected as far as polarity goes?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
With the Hikari Ultra and Katana H7 LED bulbs, does it matter which way they are connected as far as polarity goes?

I think the Hikaris have a + - on the connector. I know the katanas don't and either I got lucky each time I took them out or it doesn't matter in them. Just install them in the headlights and before you button everything up plug them in and test them to verify they fire up

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
LEDs are diodes, so power can only go through one direction. Polarity matters.

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does anyone know which wires in the alpharex are + and -?

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Black is ground or negative

Well that just sounds like too much common sense, lol.
Thanks. I’ll work from that.
Lights actually came in today, they weren’t supposed to be here till mid week next week. Bulbs, wire tap for DRO and kindle tablet should be here tomorrow. With any luck, I’ll have them in and running tomorrow.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Well that just sounds like too much common sense, lol.
Thanks. I’ll work from that.
Lights actually came in today, they weren’t supposed to be here till mid week next week. Bulbs, wire tap for DRO and kindle tablet should be here tomorrow. With any luck, I’ll have them in and running tomorrow.

I think blue is positive on low beam and white is positive for high.

danmit37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Your in the same storm I'm in. I'm in upstate NY. 2 hours north of Syracuse

Nice! I'm between Syracuse and Utica. That still snow country up there or are you above the snow belt that rails Watertown and the Tug Hill area?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Nice! I'm between Syracuse and Utica. That still snow country up there or are you above the snow belt that rails Watertown and the Tug Hill area?

Above. I live in Potsdam. We do still get some lake effect snow if the wind blows north. But we definitely get snow.

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I installed these yesterday

KATANA H7 LED Headlight Bulbs -... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07J5CWZDL?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

And initial impressions, they are definitely brighter than the Hikaris. Install is a little harder than the Hikaris because the driver is bigger and the wiring /loom is stiffer. But pulling the headlight h7 connector over into the high beam side and sneaking the waterproof connector from the driver to the led bulb from the high beam side I was able to get everything inside the housing.

2018 2500 6.4L
So, I got mine in and installed last night. I have Hikari Ultra in the low and Katana in the high. You are saying the Katana are brighter and would be better for the lows than the Hikari Ultras?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
So, I got mine in and installed last night. I have Hikari Ultra in the low and Katana in the high. You are saying the Katana are brighter and would be better for the lows than the Hikari Ultras?

I felt that the katanas were brighter. I didn't have them until after I retrofitted mine so I don't have a comparison between the two being used as high beams

thabandit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6,7L
Hello Guys,

Greetings from the dark and cold Scandinavia.

I'm running a 2016 Ram and I'm looking for a nice alternative for the original projector halogen lights. To be honest, the low beam light output is sh*t.

I'm not that much into cut and glue things, so I am wondering about the Alpharex Nova-application with LED:s.
I guess the light output is way better than the originals? Can you give me review about this?

I've been running through the threads and haven't had a straightforward answer.

Thanks in Advance

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Hello Guys,

I'm running a 2016 Ram and I'm looking for a nice alternative for the original projector halogen lights. To be honest, the low beam light output is sh*t.

I'm not that much into cut and glue things, so I am wondering about the Alpharex Nova-application with LED:s.
I guess the light output is way better than the originals? Can you give me review about this?

Thanks in Advance

It's hard to get a straight answer because it's objective. Some people say, without upgrading the bulbs, it's a vast improvement over stock and others will say it's the same or a little better. The general consensus is that the "stock" projectors in the alpharex lights are better than the oem projectors. You won't be disappointed with them when you add either the Innovited 35w hid's or the Hikari or katana led's. As far as alpharex's 4 projector led version I don't believe anyone on here has tried them. I've seen one maybe 2 people on YouTube with them but no output shots. So those are a shot in the dark.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hello Guys,

Thanks in Advance
It's hard to get a straight answer because it's objective. Some people say, without upgrading the bulbs, it's a vast improvement over stock and others will say it's the same or a little better. The general consensus is that the "stock" projectors in the alpharex lights are better than the oem projectors. You won't be disappointed with them when you add either the Innovited 35w hid's or the Hikari or katana led's. As far as alpharex's 4 projector led version I don't believe anyone on here has tried them. I've seen one maybe 2 people on YouTube with them but no output shots. So those are a shot in the dark.

I didn't know such a thing existed?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

thabandit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6,7L
Thanks for the replies.

I'm very eager to test them. I think I have to be the pioneer and take some before/after pictures.

I found some discussions about the Morimoto XB LED:s but they seemed to be having more problems like melting etc. than light output.

We tried some cheap LED-bulbs but the light output got slightly worse than original.

Br
-Iiro

thabandit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6,7L
Thanks for the replies.

I'm very eager to test them. I think I have to be the pioneer and take some before/after pictures.

I found some discussions about the Morimoto XB LED:s but they seemed to be having more problems like melting etc. than light output.

We tried some cheap LED-bulbs but the light output got slightly worse than original.

Br
-Iiro
And I'm thinking of the 4 projector LED:s. ‍♂️