Anyone try Modifystreet headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
rotwiler

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
What year is your truck? Does it have a 7" cluster? I ask because I've recently discovered that a 2013 cluster doesn't appear to be as sensitive to bulb out messages. Just curious...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
Mines a 2013 and I have blub out issue, but still works fine. My truck was made before the 8 speed was released and I have the 7 inch cluster with alpine system and 8.4 uconnect.

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’m giving up on them for now. Ordered some replacement dust caps and might try to sell them with the katana and Hikari ultras in them, or just hang on to them in case I ever run into a problem with my TYC. Ordered some led bulbs for the highs in my TYC today (should be here tomorrow) and out the hid bulbs back in them. I’m probably swap them out tomorrow or Wednesday.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I’m giving up on them for now. Ordered some replacement dust caps and might try to sell them with the katana and Hikari ultras in them, or just hang on to them in case I ever run into a problem with my TYC. Ordered some led bulbs for the highs in my TYC today (should be here tomorrow) and out the hid bulbs back in them. I’m probably swap them out tomorrow or Wednesday.
Aren't you still in the return period?

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Aren't you still in the return period?

I checked on amazon this morning, but it had a note that said something to the effect of this item needs special consideration and to call someone for assistance. If I do decide to get rid of them, I'll just list them and try to sell them.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I checked on amazon this morning, but it had a note that said something to the effect of this item needs special consideration and to call someone for assistance. If I do decide to get rid of them, I'll just list them and try to sell them.
Well I'm sure they'll sell as a package deal here on the forum. Good luck! Sorry this didn't work out for you and thanks for the help...

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well I'm sure they'll sell as a package deal here on the forum. Good luck! Sorry this didn't work out for you and thanks for the help...

It is what it is. If there’s ever a problem to be had with car parts, I will inevitably have it, lol.
Truth is they are perfectly functional, I think I was just expecting something a little different from them. After my experience with them, I will recommend katana led for both high and low to keep cost down. For me, they projected better than the Hikari ultras. And at some point, I may go back to them with the katanas. Time will tell.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
It is what it is. If there’s ever a problem to be had with car parts, I will inevitably have it, lol.
Truth is they are perfectly functional, I think I was just expecting something a little different from them. After my experience with them, I will recommend katana led for both high and low to keep cost down. For me, they projected better than the Hikari ultras. And at some point, I may go back to them with the katanas. Time will tell.
I think bulb choice is a personal preference based on how one perceives the light reflecting back.

Katanas cooler temperature seems to be preferable to many. Personally I prefer something between 5000-6000K (but I also see better with yellow Lamin-X on my fogs)...

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think bulb choice is a personal preference based on how one perceives the light reflecting back.

Katanas cooler temperature seems to be preferable to many. Personally I prefer something between 5000-6000K (but I also see better with yellow Lamin-X on my fogs)...

I prefer it as well, i just think these lights seem to work better with the katana bulbs in my experience. The TYC housing with the 5500k bulbs and 35w ballasts I had previously were the best non-oem HID setup I’ve had.

Could be the higher wattage 45w Hylux ballasts blasting out the foreground with too much light. I could swap the ballasts for the innovated 35w, but I’m gonna try the TYC with the hylux 45w first.

and apparently, there’s a 30 day return period for the lights. I’m 36 days after receipt, so my option is to sell em or sit on em.

koblesCar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did...That's not quite accurate. I have the G2's and didn't add the DRL harness. Without it, the white lights (top and bottom brows) only turn on with the headlight or when the running lights are on. The bottom brows drops out when the turn signal is active and the top remains on...

depends on when your G2's were made, they stopped that function of the top DRL staying on during blinker and shut both top and bottom down now with the blinker being on.

koblesCar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
has anyone tried the Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0 H7 in the alphaRex/Modified Street Pro Series G2???

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
depends on when your G2's were made, they stopped that function of the top DRL staying on during blinker and shut both top and bottom down now with the blinker being on.
I didn't know that, thanks. I guess those would be G2.1s!

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
has anyone tried the Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0 H7 in the alphaRex/Modified Street Pro Series G2???
I've never tried them or heard any reviews from anyone who has, but from everything I have read/heard about the 2stroke in general, they are complete trash. If I remember correctly, they actually put out less lux than the halogen bulbs in the test they ran on headlight revolution.

I would vote for the Katana LED, or if you want to spend more money (though I still havent seen any reviews of them) VLED has a Micro Extreme that you can get in 5000k or 6000k, which would both be better than the typical 6500k of most LED bulbs. If you go that route, I suggest getting their 6000k. I bought some 5000k fog light bulbs from them, and they look to be closer to 4300k.

koblesCar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've never tried them or heard any reviews from anyone who has, but from everything I have read/heard about the 2stroke in general, they are complete trash. If I remember correctly, they actually put out less lux than the halogen bulbs in the test they ran on headlight revolution.

I would vote for the Katana LED, or if you want to spend more money (though I still havent seen any reviews of them) VLED has a Micro Extreme that you can get in 5000k or 6000k, which would both be better than the typical 6500k of most LED bulbs. If you go that route, I suggest getting their 6000k. I bought some 5000k fog light bulbs from them, and they look to be closer to 4300k.

I believe you are thinking the Morimoto 2Stroke 1.0... the 1st one's were not good

https://headlightrevolution.com/led-headlight-bulbs/morimoto-2stroke-2-0-led-headlight-bulbs/

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins

Here's a comparison

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Here's a comparison

That's the Micro Evolution. They now have a Micro Extreme, which is supposed to be brighter and optimized for projectors. Their website shows them not available in H7 until mid march, so I dont know if they havent come to market yet, or if they just ran out. Either way, I cannot find any information on them in a projector.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
That's the Micro Evolution. They now have a Micro Extreme, which is supposed to be brighter and optimized for projectors. Their website shows them not available in H7 until mid march, so I dont know if they havent come to market yet, or if they just ran out. Either way, I cannot find any information on them in a projector.

That's the only video comparison I've come across (without searching) that I can remember seeing.

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's the only video comparison I've come across (without searching) that I can remember seeing.

Yeah, I found the same video when I was looking. There were 2 that I wanted to try, the Micro Evolution, and a Philips X-tremeUltinon Gen 2. Unfortunately, I could find exactly zero information relating to either of them in an H7 projector.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Yeah, I found the same video when I was looking. There were 2 that I wanted to try, the Micro Evolution, and a Philips X-tremeUltinon Gen 2. Unfortunately, I could find exactly zero information relating to either of them in an H7 projector.

It's hard to find video's with the exact bulb size you are looking for. Or if you do they aren't in a projector.

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's hard to find video's with the exact bulb size you are looking for. Or if you do they aren't in a projector.

Exactly, and I didn’t want to be the test dummy to the tune of $200, lol