Anyone try Modifystreet headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I have a gap between the left and right one, it looks like when you have a rear projection TV with the convergence out of whack, like a ghosted line offset to the top by a few inches. One needs to go down or one needs to come up or a little of both. Since it affects how far out I can see I need to figure out which.

And I know they say there is no horizontal adjustment, but wouldnt the weird space thing that the lower bolt goes into, control the grille end of each light? Essentially allowing you to raise and lower one side?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yeah I have a gap between the left and right one, it looks like when you have a rear projection TV with the convergence out of whack, like a ghosted line offset to the top by a few inches. One needs to go down or one needs to come up or a little of both. Since it affects how far out I can see I need to figure out which.

And I know they say there is no horizontal adjustment, but wouldnt the weird space thing that the lower bolt goes into, control the grille end of each light? Essentially allowing you to raise and lower one side?
Yes it would. In addition some adjustments can be had by backing in/out the "ball joint" on the back of the light. I played around with that a bit to see if I could get mine closer too

I went from this...
c9b47b62613f6b3f33bfa0ed5ba91a77.jpg

To this...
65e4d2455a1333445b57d96248a2b440.jpg

Not sure if you can make out the ghost lines you mentioned but I know what you mean.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

stateofdade

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Tried to find mention if these have sequential turn signals. Also do you need new resistors? How did everyone do their wiring?

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Tried to find mention if these have sequential turn signals. Also do you need new resistors? How did everyone do their wiring?

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

The gen 2 with the tinted upper and lower lenses have sequential turns with switchbacks. It's been hit or miss if you will end up needing resistors. If you have alphaobd then you won't. The wiring that comes with the lights is simple. The high/low connector is a straight plug and play, turns (if they didn't change it on the gen2s) if you have quads, you remove the socket out of the quads, remove the bulb, then plug the connector into the turn socket and it goes in just like in the quad housing. For the drl's you have a positive/negative battery connection and a keyed on fuse connection. Then the other end of the drl harness connects to the corresponding headlight

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

Sinistre1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My aesthetic change is turning out to be not so minor after all... well, actually the whole project is. I really have less time then I considered and so I'm rushing... broke two tabs off the headlight lens cover and the easy drl switchback and lens cover mod is not going so well. Lol. Guess that's part of the joy. Practicing on the one light in hopes that I eventually get exactly what I want and if I butcher in the process I can hopefully buy just that single light (seeing as they are actually boxed separately, though shipped as pairs.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
My aesthetic change is turning out to be not so minor after all... well, actually the whole project is. I really have less time then I considered and so I'm rushing... broke two tabs off the headlight lens cover and the easy drl switchback and lens cover mod is not going so well. Lol. Guess that's part of the joy. Practicing on the one light in hopes that I eventually get exactly what I want and if I butcher in the process I can hopefully buy just that single light (seeing as they are actually boxed separately, though shipped as pairs.

I did the same on mine. I tried appoxying them back on but broke them again when resealing the headlight. I think it was on the second headlight which put up a fight. Doesn’t effect anything.

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I gave up on the clear tabs. Broke a couple off mine too.

The butyl sealant seemed to hold quite well by itself....when I resealed mine I used a metric poop ton of clamps and got zero movement when I released them, even from that area missing the tabs.

Sinistre1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SOOOOOOOOO glad to hear... figured I'd already butchered it up beyond repair

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

Lee Peterson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It may be that I'm used to seeing my Modify Street/Alpha Rex v2 pair now, but these new ones look weird.

Too square? Everything but the top and bottom DRLs looks like it's out of position to me...good prices though.

I see what you mean. I've been looking at them both back and forth. I like the Modify slim rectangle projectors best, but I like the new styles DRLs better

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I see what you mean. I've been looking at them both back and forth. I like the Modify slim rectangle projectors best, but I like the new styles DRLs better
I completely agree with you. Unfortunately the option that most closely matches your description is the Morimoto set...they would sell more if there prices were more reasonable IMO...

Sinistre1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I definitely prefer the clear look of the DRL's . I realized that is mostly what I like about the morimotos. I've been trying to modify my alpha rexs to have clear drls. It's the little mod to which I alluded (causing me fits)

Last edited:

Murphyjs6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Did you need the canbus anti-flicker modules?

And you used the H-11s on both the low and high? or what two did you use from Hikari

H7-daytimes
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077B5NXPY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

H7-Brights
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GKRKN5B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I did not use the anti flicker i used obdalfa to turn on led head lights and it worked perfectly im still using this setup and it works amazing

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
It may be that I'm used to seeing my Modify Street/Alpha Rex v2 pair now, but these new ones look weird.

Too square? Everything but the top and bottom DRLs looks like it's out of position to me...good prices though.

I don't really like the chrome around the projectors.

Murphyjs6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I don't really like the chrome around the projectors.

It does suck so far its the only thing I don't like about them it does shoots off a weird light beam at night because the far back light is the low beam and it reflects off the high beam chrome

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
It does suck so far its the only thing I don't like about them it does shoots off a weird light beam at night because the far back light is the low beam and it reflects off the high beam chrome

That's kinda weird. If they were black they would look realy good.

Heatman13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 longhorn
Engine
I have some like that and changed out the DRL

IMG_0949.jpg