Anyone use Mercon automatic transmission fluid in their 54RFE?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

g-nut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone used Mercon transmission fluid in their 545RFE automatic transmission?
I have a 2004 Ram 1500 4.7L 2wd with this transmission. I'm planning to change the fluid and filter. I already have 2 new 5qt. jugs of Mercon LV trans fluid sitting around. I'd bought for something else that I ended up getting rid of. So I'd like to use it.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Has anyone used Mercon transmission fluid in their 545RFE automatic transmission?
I have a 2004 Ram 1500 4.7L 2wd with this transmission. I'm planning to change the fluid and filter. I already have 2 new 5qt. jugs of Mercon LV trans fluid sitting around. I'd bought for something else that I ended up getting rid of. So I'd like to use it.
Don't use it unless you have lots of coin to pay out having someone rebuild your transmission, use ATF-4....

FabricGATOR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anything on this list is bingo...
...even blue bottle from Walmart

Yes, it is more expensive than Mercon but it works correctly and all the others (including the universal the auto parts kids tells you) might not work too long.

**IF you are cross contaminated, you really should drain - drive - and refill three or four times to be safe