Anyone with wind noise issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

popjim52

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Tradesman 2500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I open my rear windows it sounds as though a helicopter is flying directly above me. Can not under any circumstances open rear windows when driving on a highway. If I had a back window that had a slider it'd probably go away. I've had them rain guards on other vehicles ,refuse to put them on this truck because of the noise they made!!!

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
If I open my rear windows it sounds as though a helicopter is flying directly above me. Can not under any circumstances open rear windows when driving on a highway. If I had a back window that had a slider it'd probably go away. I've had them rain guards on other vehicles ,refuse to put them on this truck because of the noise they made!!!

I know exactly what you mean. Mine does it to. i have had other vehicles do it but this truck is THE WORST with it. just crack one of the front windows and it goes away.

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi

I'll tell you right now, the rear slider only helps a little. even with the slider open if you open the rear windows enough, it happens. as stated, opening the front window is the only way to stop it.

918-905

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My door windows don't seal right. If I run the windows all the way I hear hissing while on the highway. But if I just tap the window down, not opening it, just relieving pressure on the seal, it quiets right up.
I have new 2016 Big Horn with wind noise only on drivers side. I think I found exactly where the issue is. If I place a piece of painters tape along the leading edge of where the mirror mounts to the door, the noise is gone. I am not sure yet whether I will very carefully apply a thin bead of clear silicone at that seam or remove the mirror assembly and place a piece of double sided tape between the door frame and the mirror assembly.

Chuck14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I tracked my wind noise down to the sirius/xm antenna.

Slick61

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I'm still impressed/amazed at how quiet this thing is... more quiet than my '13 Ford Edge was... & right up there with my Grand Marquis...

OP
OP
B

Boudreaux

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram 2500 4x4
Engine
I am convinced it is from the sun antenna. Believe it or not it is louder with the sun visor down. It's only on the driver side. That's really my only complaint. Besides the shifting but that's another story. Love my truck