Aries ActionTrac Motorized Running Boards - 79" on Ram 2500 - Great Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aries2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I’ve had my 2018 2500 for about a month and just got the aftermarket motorized running boards installed. My OEM boards looked great but for those of us getting on in years, that first step can be tough.

Got them at eTrailer.com. They are drop shipped from the manufacturer and come in two boxes…all hardware in one box and then a 6 1/2 ft box contains a pair of running boards.

UPS lost the running boards and I had to wait 10 days for them to “investigate” the claim before eTrailer could re-ship. Got them on Wednesday and removed the OEM wheel to wheel chrome boards and fitted the new motorized boards.

Thursday was super busy and had no time to do more than run the power wire into the cab from the battery, through the firewall. I created an wider hole on a plastic plate which already had a wire penetration so that took just a short time.

Spent all day Friday getting the harness routed and connected. Nice thing is that I didn’t need to drill through the floor, instead I went through plastic plugs and fitted grommets to keep the road spray out.

The option I chose uses a magnetic sensor at each door latch. Fitted those and some super strong magnets to the doors and viola! A nice two step up entry and exit from the 2500 crew cab. When they are closed, they look just like a conventional running board. Wife is happy and so am I. 5A50116A-4514-49D1-A914-18B9A5A4C666.jpeg