Arriving Soon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin Matthews

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I called the dealership today to get an update on my truck ordered 29 October. After some time the inventory manager called back and provided me an update.
Thanks.

On a good note... I should have the truck in 2-3 weeks according to the manager.

Getting excited now.

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
It's an exciting wait. It'll be here soon!

Red

Flyboy7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CUMMINS
Good luck. I ordered early August still haven't heard. Ram gave me a case number and supposedly expedited the delivery a month ago. Supposedly supposed to come this week which I highly doubt.

Arvid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dealer is bringing mine to my house tomorrow. Ordered 8/26
Came into dealer on 11/5? but I kept putting off getting it as I didn’t have enough time. So they are bringing it to me tomorrow.

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Good luck. I ordered early August still haven't heard. Ram gave me a case number and supposedly expedited the delivery a month ago. Supposedly supposed to come this week which I highly doubt.

Have you tracked the build to see what's happening. Is it built or shipped?

Red

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
With the truck coming soon it is time to start picking out some parts so they are ready to go on for when the truck gets there!

Let us know if we can help you with any items you may need like exhaust, bed covers, all weather floor mats, etc...

Flyboy7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CUMMINS
Have you tracked the build to see what's happening. Is it built or shipped?

Red

I knew it was built in about 3 weeks. Was difficult getting info on it from the beginning. It appeared it sat for a couple months in Mexico at the plant. Finally they started a case number with an expedite order. Unbelievably it arrived yesterday at the dealer with no warning. Get to pick it up on black Friday!

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I knew it was built in about 3 weeks. Was difficult getting info on it from the beginning. It appeared it sat for a couple months in Mexico at the plant. Finally they started a case number with an expedite order. Unbelievably it arrived yesterday at the dealer with no warning. Get to pick it up on black Friday!

Happy day!! Congrats and post some pics.

Red

BigBootyJudy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
Mine was ordered September 29, it finally came out of production November 29. When I got the vin number I checked it’s Towing in payload and towing was way off. They built the truck with the regular Cummins versus the high output. I called my dealer right away and he looked into it and they had ordered incorrectly. It was built and awaiting shipping. They were able to divert another truck on the production line with all the correct specs and motor for my order. So we’ll see if I get it before the end of the year now? I’m just thankful they were able to reallocate or redirect current production truck.

OP
OP
J

Justin Matthews

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel

Who started the case? I feel like I’m getting the run around. I’ve spoken to my salesman, and two of the inventory/new car managers and gotten three very different stories. According to one the truck was built 3 weeks ago and should have been her by now. According to the salesman, the truck is “in two halves and getting the spray in liner but he can’t tell when or how much longer the truck arrives”, and according to another the truck is in Kansas ready to ship... but again no word on it’s estimated arrival.

Meanwhile, I was told 4 weeks to delivery though I knew to expect double that based on the forums.

now I’m looking to find out who I can speak with that truly knows the answer.

also curious if I can have a different dealership actually sell me the truck.

OP
OP
J

Justin Matthews

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Just got a call that the truck will ship Tuesday.
Maybe arrives before Christmas?

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good luck!! The wait can be painful!

Flyboy7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CUMMINS
Who started the case? I feel like I’m getting the run around. I’ve spoken to my salesman, and two of the inventory/new car managers and gotten three very different stories. According to one the truck was built 3 weeks ago and should have been her by now. According to the salesman, the truck is “in two halves and getting the spray in liner but he can’t tell when or how much longer the truck arrives”, and according to another the truck is in Kansas ready to ship... but again no word on it’s estimated arrival.

Meanwhile, I was told 4 weeks to delivery though I knew to expect double that based on the forums.

now I’m looking to find out who I can speak with that truly knows the answer.

also curious if I can have a different dealership actually sell me the truck.

A lady after I call FCA customer service 3 times. When she finally saw how long it had been, that's when it was started. I received email updates from the person assigned the case but not really any detailed information other than a 7 day window with delivery. Received an email from the guy the day it was delivered. Called the dealer and was told it just arrived.

Flyboy7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CUMMINS
Mine was ordered September 29, it finally came out of production November 29. When I got the vin number I checked it’s Towing in payload and towing was way off. They built the truck with the regular Cummins versus the high output. I called my dealer right away and he looked into it and they had ordered incorrectly. It was built and awaiting shipping. They were able to divert another truck on the production line with all the correct specs and motor for my order. So we’ll see if I get it before the end of the year now? I’m just thankful they were able to reallocate or redirect current production truck.

How did you check the towing and payload numbers with the VIN?