audio upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Average_gatsby45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins diesel.
i have a 17 2500 laramie, and was curious what speakers i have.
i'm looking to upgrade, and tryin to decide what all i want to update

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Do you have the alpine system or the 6 speaker standard? Speakers alone aren't going to make much of a difference either way.

NotEnufgarage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Do you have the alpine system or the 6 speaker standard? Speakers alone aren't going to make much of a difference either way.
If he has the base 6 speaker option, upgrading to JBL, Polk, Kicker or any good name brand speaker will make a difference. The stock speakers are 1 way. Switching to a 3 way will give clearer highs and strong lows and mids.
I switched mine to JBL Club 3.5” and 6”x9”. MyGig RER head unit. Sounds awesome.

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Alpine or 6 speaker system? Just a speaker upgrade will definitely make a difference to either system. Now amping and speaker upgrade will give the best results, esp with a dsp.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't know the exact specs. Try doing a google search specific to your yr and stereo option. If you remove the door panel and a speaker and look on the back, note the specs. You don't want to stray too far from the specs (and not the ohms). Isn't there a whole sub-forum for audio or electronics?

Seems like I saw some Y/T videos on Ram speaker upgrades a long time ago .. might be worth doing a Y/T search.

You probably don't, but if you wanted to "get into it" in greater depth, HERE is a book worth reading that has a lot of good fundamentals. You can buy used for a few bucks. It's not current, or specific to any vehicle, but the fundamentals still apply.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I put in Kicker speakers that were designed for OEM drop in Mopar applications, even have the factory plugs on them. Made a huge difference and they are designed to work with the OEM head units.