Aux Reverse Lighting - Let's see your setup!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wsutard1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
Yea, mine are on a switch. Not exactly flush with my bumper though.
07b69fd052a41cdf88e39900329512d8.jpg

Not that it matters, but I don't get the whole "don't want to see them".. What's different between seeing those and the giant factory housing?

IMO

IMO, cause they are ******* UGLY.

I also like the idea of being able to use them and not being a **** to others around me. Cause I'm cool like that.

Stealth is key for me.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
7" floods :)

IMO
Mine are floods as well and mounted in nearly the same location. Your light output is very good. What brand/price are those?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
IMO, cause they are ******* UGLY.

I also like the idea of being able to use them and not being a **** to others around me. Cause I'm cool like that.

Stealth is key for me.
I swapped my halogen reverse bulbs for led.. It's much better, don't need any aux reverse lights. My lights are for working in the dark (ie field dressing a deer, setting up a tent, fishing, tailgaters, etc..)

Both setups have a good purpose. The "stealth way" would be perfect for if you dropped your groceries, and a can rolled under the truck.

IMO

dereck56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are u guys running the cree led lights? I read a lot of review about condensation getting inside the lens, or not working. Has this happened to anyone?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Cree is a bulb, like phillips. 99% say cree over phillips...

If your buyimg a bar and it just says "cree" on it... That means it is a no-name china brand, and it should get foggy, blow up, and then kill a poor bunny rabbit.

Do you want to kill bunnies?

IMO

wsutard1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
The "stealth way" would be perfect for if you dropped your groceries, and a can rolled under the truck.

IMO

Said no one else, ever. ;)

Aww guys, you are going to make me blush.

I probably only need the LED backup bulbs like AB mentioned. Be truly, seeing lights drop down below the bumper is just plain fugly.

Back in '97 I had a Cherokee with fog lights mounted beneath the front bumper. I was off-roading in Fairbanks, Alaska and broke through some ice and got stuck in the mud. 4 hours later when I was able to extract my Jeep I noticed that the lights were hanging by the wires as the ice/weight of the jeep snapped the mounting brackets off.

True story.

dereck56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So what's the name of the led pods your running?

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Aww guys, you are going to make me blush.

I probably only need the LED backup bulbs like AB mentioned. Be truly, seeing lights drop down below the bumper is just plain fugly.

Back in '97 I had a Cherokee with fog lights mounted beneath the front bumper. I was off-roading in Fairbanks, Alaska and broke through some ice and got stuck in the mud. 4 hours later when I was able to extract my Jeep I noticed that the lights were hanging by the wires as the ice/weight of the jeep snapped the mounting brackets off.

True story.

That's what you get for using Chinese lights. Had they been Rigids, not only would they have not broken, they would have vaporized the ice and mud in front of your Jeep allowing you to simply drive out.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So what's the name of the led pods your running?

Nilight

The same exact set on my truck I also have on an atv that I use frequently for night riding.

No issues.

Galion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nilight

The same exact set on my truck I also have on an atv that I use frequently for night riding.

No issues.

X2 for Nilight, my rear flush mounts are nilight's and I have a set of flood pods behind my grill from them. Very bright and zero issues.

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have a set of made in china with what inevitable uses fake CREE bulbs in a sweat shop produced lead based painted aluminum housing, mounted into cut outs in my bumper. in an ideal world, I'd have Rigids. instead I just live in envy and have a second set of the same lights in a box in my garage waiting to be installed when my current set craps out. Funny thing, the pods in my wife's truck front bumper, Rigids.... not sure how she pulled that jedi mind trick on me.