Aux Reverse Lighting - Let's see your setup!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
i would say raise them a tiny bit. Your hot spot is right under your bumper.

yeah your right, I think I need to get a longer bracket the lower them some so when I raise them I don't hit the bumper with the light. I have my daughter in the seat with the brake on in reverse and I'm out back looking and praying she doesn't decide to mover her foot.....:crazy:

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
yeah your right, I think I need to get a longer bracket the lower them some so when I raise them I don't hit the bumper with the light. I have my daughter in the seat with the brake on in reverse and I'm out back looking and praying she doesn't decide to mover her foot.....:crazy:

Darwinism? lol.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
The internet has EVERYTHING!!!! lol

Too much actually..

Im going to mount my 30" over my 3rd brake light. Just going to screw it straight to the roof. Will be sick bro.

IMO

I would love to have one for tailgaters. Oh man would that blind the *** out of them.

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Got a coworker with mine. Could see him in my rearview like it was day time... He had to turn his whole head away and at that moment, I cut them off. Got a pretty good text 5 mins later.

In my defense, he was riding my ass.

IMO

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
It's not too bad until you get to this point :superhack::crazy:
xqWjEeb.jpg

Yikes! that looks scary. I taped off the entire area and used a battery powered jigsaw with a metal blade. probably slower and possibly noisier. I didn't have the cajones to use a grinder. Was considering using my dremel though since it is pretty thin sheet metal.

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Galion, Did you notice the dried grass under the sparks from the grinder?

Galion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
At which point there is no turning back. Get it right or buy bigger lights... lol
'Twas the plan :naughty: However between two of us mechanics and a machinist we managed it :favorites13:
Yikes! that looks scary. I taped off the entire area and used a battery powered jigsaw with a metal blade. probably slower and possibly noisier. I didn't have the cajones to use a grinder. Was considering using my dremel though since it is pretty thin sheet metal.
Me and my buddy like to think of ourselves as pretty precise with a blunt tool:superhack:, used the 4" grinder for the bulk of it and the air die grinder to finish the corners.
Galion, Did you notice the dried grass under the sparks from the grinder?
It was noted, however it's still frozen so it wasn't exactly an immediate fire hazard.