Aux Reverse Lighting - Let's see your setup!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JinxCanada

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I'm a fool for buying a great product from a company with a good reputation while supporting American manufacturing (I understand that last is likely unimportant as you're from Canada)? I read the reviews, did my research, compiled the data and bought the Rigids. No regrets.

I take pride in my lights and the install I performed on them. I didn't cut any corners, nor have I on any mod I've done on my truck. Something done wrong is due to my lack of knowledge, not trying to save a red cent. A few dollars saved 'just' to save a few dollars, and ending up with an inferior product with no warranty, sold by some Chi-com freight forwarder who will disappear as soon as this shipment is gone seems foolish to me.

I know, I know... You can buy 10, 100, 1000 of your lights for what mine cost. Don't care. Not calling you a fool for your purchases, nor should you me for mine.

Well...I'm not saying you're a "fool" but IMHO it was foolish for sure. I promise you..those lights are most likely made in the same factory as the ones I got off ebay. And..for the price difference I can replace mine 30 times over if needed. But...it's your money man. :favorites13:

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I had thousands of dollars set aside specifically for lighting I would without a doubt buy rigids.

There is definetly a difference in light output and build quality.

But....I don't lol so eBay specials it is and I'm not complaining.

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Sbarron is money bags lol... Wait till you see what he talked me into buying this morning.

I'm still mad, maybe tomorrow will put a smile on my face.

IMO

JinxCanada

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Jinxcanada, why did you get the toyo tires over atturo?

IMO

um...first I dunno what that is...second...I got them almost free off Kijiji with some Rock Star wheels.... I would NOT have paid retail for them that's for sure....if that's what you're asking. :crazy:

wsutard1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
I read through 9 pages hoping someone came up with a more stealth way to mount/hide aftermarket lights.

So far I like the ideas posted about mounting the lights on the rear axle so you can't see them.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I read through 9 pages hoping someone came up with a more stealth way to mount/hide aftermarket lights.

So far I like the ideas posted about mounting the lights on the rear axle so you can't see them.
They hide nicely and I believe probably provide more unobstructed light if mounted on the brackets near the spare tire. Holes for mounting are already there as well.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

If it's hidden, so is the light.

Shine a flashlight out in front of you, then put your hand in front of it...

Or you can mount them in your glove box.

Or maybe I'm not understanding

IMO

OP
OP
Stringer

Stringer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If it's hidden, so is the light.

Shine a flashlight out in front of you, then put your hand in front of it...

Or you can mount them in your glove box.

Or maybe I'm not understanding

IMO

I see what your saying but given that they are angled slightly down, they still provide ample lighting.

Here is my output. Notice that the light reaches across the road and lights up their vehicles. You can easily tell that this is from my truck and not the street light by noticing the license plates are bright from the reflective in them. This gives me plenty light to safely back up at night, even with my 5% tint on my windows.

picture.php

Here is a straight on shot showing that you can't see the lights under my bumper:

picture.php

Here is shot looking up at them (Sorry about catching my finger in the shot):

picture.php

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
You'd be surprised how few people notice my more-or-less color matched flush mounts, - until they come on.

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Here is my output. Notice that the light reaches across the road and lights up their vehicles. You can easily tell that this is from my truck and not the street light by noticing the license plates are bright from the reflective in them. This gives me plenty light to safely back up at night, even with my 5% tint on my windows.

picture.php

That's cute.
e1cd6bcd7b25d9cc957cee3da9ba570e.jpgc3784476c351c65e729db5828c5e10be.jpg

IMO

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I think stringer and AustinB's pictures are good examples of what one can expect in different mounting locations.

When tucked away behind the bumper (which stringer's appear to be) you can see the additional reverse lighting is not as offensive to those behind. This location I believe is good for those who do not place a switch on the circuit and have them come on with reverse at all times (like me).

AustinB's on the other hand are mounted at the bumper (think flush mount without holes mounted just below the lip of the bumper). The light output is much greater at points above the bumper and while not required would the absence of a switch would make him kind of an inconsiderate driver to those who would see this everytime he backs up.

OP
OP
Stringer

Stringer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think stringer and AustinB's pictures are good examples of what one can expect in different mounting locations.

When tucked away behind the bumper (which stringer's appear to be) you can see the additional reverse lighting is not as offensive to those behind. This location I believe is good for those who do not place a switch on the circuit and have them come on with reverse at all times (like me).

AustinB's on the other hand are mounted at the bumper (think flush mount without holes mounted just below the lip of the bumper). The light output is much greater at points above the bumper and while not required would the absence of a switch would make him kind of an inconsiderate driver to those who would see this everytime he backs up.

^This. I'm not saying that my way is the way to go for everyone. This was just my preference. I had 3 requirements when I tried figuring out what I wanted for extra lighting:

-I didn't want to see the lights
-I wanted to have most light within a couple feet of my truck (Mostly behind my rear tires)
-I didn't want to blind anyone that may be behind me if I were to shift into reverse. (I could picture myself having to back up and a police officer be behind me... I don't think he would appreciate being blinded by the light.)

To each their own. I like AustinB's light output but I felt it would have been overkill for the way I intended to use mine.

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yea, mine are on a switch. Not exactly flush with my bumper though.
07b69fd052a41cdf88e39900329512d8.jpg

Not that it matters, but I don't get the whole "don't want to see them".. What's different between seeing those and the giant factory housing?

IMO

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
My mistake, I thought I saw a picture with yours on the bumper. Are your pods spot or flood? They look bigger than the cubes most of us use, maybe that's the difference?