Back-up camera Stopped working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B_Hansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Got home from nights this morning around 6 am and my backup camera worked fine. Dropped the truck off at the shop to switch the tires around 8 am back up camera worked fine, picked it up and never noticed if it was working as When I got home i just parked on the road. Went out before work and noticed the back up camera wouldn't kick on when i put it in reverse and also when going Apps > Back up Camera it wouldn't even open.

Before I bring it to the dealership I was wondering if there is anything i should check? Had my tires in the bed and maybe when they took them out and we tossed my old ones onto the tailgate etc the camera became unplugged?

This ever happen to anyone?

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
Hasn’t happened to me, but I do know it’s better not to take anything apart and dissect the problem if the truck is still under warranty. Some dealers may come back and say they can’t fix it because you messed with it.

But for argument sake, it does sound like the camera may have gotten damaged when tossing the tires in there. Now the system does not see it. They should replace it no questions asked. Cameras in general are rugged. It could have simply been a bad one.

phantomfixer

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got home from nights this morning around 6 am and my backup camera worked fine. Dropped the truck off at the shop to switch the tires around 8 am back up camera worked fine, picked it up and never noticed if it was working as When I got home i just parked on the road. Went out before work and noticed the back up camera wouldn't kick on when i put it in reverse and also when going Apps > Back up Camera it wouldn't even open.

Before I bring it to the dealership I was wondering if there is anything i should check? Had my tires in the bed and maybe when they took them out and we tossed my old ones onto the tailgate etc the camera became unplugged?

These cameras can be quirky from time to time.I have issues every so often but restarting the truck the next day and it's back to normal

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a

Sorry to hear of the trouble you are experiencing, B_Hansen. If you work with your dealer to address this, we suggest contacting Canadian Customer Care to have this documented. You may find their contact information by clicking on the following link and scrolling down to the "Canada" tab: https://www.fcagroup.com/en-US/footer/Pages/contacts.aspx.

Mark
RamCares