Backup camera help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Javylab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys,

I have a 2013 1500. Aftermarket Android radio with the corresponding backup cam. Atoto is the brand. It's cheap, but it's awesome. I used it on my old Explorer and loved it so much I moved it to my Ram, which is my daily.

I'm having an issue with the backup cam. I purchased the harness wiring kit from Axxess. I have the camera set up in license plate frame. Power to reverse light. Ground to bolt on chasis. On the other end, yellow AV cable to corresponding input on unit, little red cable to pink Reverse + that the stereo's cable indicates. I put the truck in reverse and the unit is triggered, but no video. Only an exclamation point on the unit. It's not getting video. The camera is getting power because the lights turn on. I've been troubleshooting this for days.

My truck did not come with a stock camera. Does the computer still need to be flashed even if I'm using an aftermarket stereo and aftermarket camera? That's all I can think of because I'm 100% I've wired everything correctly.

Viper07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 ram 1500
Engine
Did u ever fix this problem and where did u hook up the power for your camera?

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
I have the Atoto in my F350. I would disconnect the power and ground and run it straight to the battery as an experiment. The camera itself may be faulty.