Backup Camera Missing Lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Wiles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
i just purchased a used 2014 2500 RAM with Cargo and Backup Cameras. I don’t have the lines in my backup camera. I have a 8.4N Radio. There is no place (that I can find) to turn them on/off. Is there a fuse? Possible Software Upgrade? I currently have software version 17.11.07. Thanks in advanced for any help

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Do you know if the truck came from the factory with the 8.4 radio.?

Do you currently have the backup and cargo cams displayed on the radio or is the backup cam on the mirror and cargo cam on the radio?

If it's the first option, be aware that only v17.11.07 supports both cameras on the radio at the same time.

Edit: the backup camera gridlines are enabled by a setting in the BCM and there's also a Customer Settings Menu feature in the BCM to have the option show up on the radio.

Or there is a missing/disconnected signal wire between the BCM C5/E -45 and the camera.

M² Mods.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

John Wiles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I believe everything is factory. I did wiring mods today to move the rear view camera into the radio. Swapped the input wires so that both cameras are correct with the soft touch buttons

How do you access the BCM customer settings menu?

Thanks

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L