Backup Camera Not working after tailgate swap.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilverTradesman19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6 E-torque
I recently bought a 2019 Ram Tradesman that had a smashed tailgate so I went and bought one off of Facebook marketplace. The issue is that I think it has the 360 Cam and it won’t work with the 5 inch uconnect screen. Is there any way to make the backup camera work or do I have to buy a new one?

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You're lucky. I'd disconnect mine if it didn't also compromise my tailgate lock.

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
I recently bought a 2019 Ram Tradesman that had a smashed tailgate so I went and bought one off of Facebook marketplace. The issue is that I think it has the 360 Cam and it won’t work with the 5 inch uconnect screen. Is there any way to make the backup camera work or do I have to buy a new one?

i don't believe you can use that 360 camera. Its for newer trucks than yours. you have to find the one for that specific radio. On the plus side, you can always try to sell the 360 camera.