bad ball joints

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryan0313

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i have a 2017 1500 with a 6" lift 35'' tires i recently replaced the upper control arms and front struts. i used zone off road ucas after about 2 months i have a bad ball joint in one of them. anyone else have this problem with zone ucas? and any suggestions for upgraded ball joints that would fit those zone ucas? i cannot find any high quality ball joints for 1500s.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve had zone upper control arms for about 4 years 30,000 miles now with no issues. One of the rubber ball joint boots is cracked and leaks a little but that’s it. Leveled on 35s. Zone ball joint replacement should be good enough. However there is a cross reference chart somewhere for the compatible replacements. I’ll see if I have it saved and I’ll add it

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
i have a 2017 1500 with a 6" lift 35'' tires i recently replaced the upper control arms and front struts. i used zone off road ucas after about 2 months i have a bad ball joint in one of them. anyone else have this problem with zone ucas? and any suggestions for upgraded ball joints that would fit those zone ucas? i cannot find any high quality ball joints for 1500s.
Zones ball joints have warranty so they will send you new ones. But normally it’s improper installation or the installer didnt put grease in the ball joint.