Badlanz electric exhaust cutout

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZLAYER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
In my life I have always been a fan of fast and loud. My Pdub is just too good of a comfortable, family carrying, good stereo having vehicle to be putting a normal loud exhaust on. So I got the loud mouth button for when I’m feeling rowdy, or I encounter one of those silly Raptors. It’s really loud, and it’s really quiet.

As far as install, the skid plate in the area is a bit in the way but I was able to make it work. I got the optional turn down which In my case is pointed more backwards than down due to the before mentioned skid plate. I highly recommend picking one up.

2B1B5DA2-E89A-496C-B57A-8CDD756A8748.jpeg

25B02335-E062-44D8-852B-746F170C212E.jpeg

OP
OP
ZLAYER

ZLAYER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
Alright I’ll post up some sound. There are a few on YouTube and of course a lot of muffler delete videos that will sound the same.

I forgot to mention that I did a paint job on the resonator and added a sweet tip. It definitely got rid of the grandpa look of the factory exhaust.

E9B8093F-8088-4781-8D2B-1A9AF6985EEE.jpeg

A0E84AF3-9275-43C8-B4A0-983381158571.jpeg

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Love it! Need to hear it though. Shame on you for not including a clip! Hahaha

OP
OP
ZLAYER

ZLAYER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
In the meantime, it sounds exactly like this muffler delete, although the camera’s mic doesn’t quite do it justice. Mine dumps right before the factory muffler. It will be rowdier than the solo performance muffler delete because those still go through the rear resonator.

When it’s closed it is just exactly stock sounding.

Last edited:

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
In my life I have always been a fan of fast and loud. My Pdub is just too good of a comfortable, family carrying, good stereo having vehicle to be putting a normal loud exhaust on. So I got the loud mouth button for when I’m feeling rowdy, or I encounter one of those silly Raptors. It’s really loud, and it’s really quiet.

As far as install, the skid plate in the area is a bit in the way but I was able to make it work. I got the optional turn down which In my case is pointed more backwards than down due to the before mentioned skid plate. I highly recommend picking one up.

View attachment 205013

View attachment 205014
And a link? I found this. https://www.ebay.com/sch/6028/i.htm...6%26rvr_ts%3Dc71338741710abc5efa77aa5ffb25bba

OP
OP
ZLAYER

ZLAYER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
Yes, there are a few different brands. QTP is the most well known, but costs about 2x as much and really doesn’t have very good reviews as far as reliability. The badlanz are sold on amazon, eBay , and their own website. I ordered direct from the website because they emailed me a $10 off code. American made too.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Yes, there are a few different brands. QTP is the most well known, but costs about 2x as much and really doesn’t have very good reviews as far as reliability. The badlanz are sold on amazon, eBay , and their own website. I ordered direct from the website because they emailed me a $10 off code. American made too.
Is the a noticeable difference in power? Or an issue not having back pressure?

OP
OP
ZLAYER

ZLAYER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
Is the a noticeable difference in power? Or an issue not having back pressure?

Info on exhaust “back pressure”.

I will share my experience with modding vehicles now. IMO you can’t feel any positive affect from intake/exhaust. You will obviously hear the loud performance sounds which will cause a bit of a placebo effect. As far as real world results such as 1/4 mile, the improvement will be almost negligible. I’ve had a few cars that I’ve modified over the years and The ONLY time I’ve ever felt gains from mods was a turbo upgrade on my EVO (along with injectors, fuel pump, bigger intake, e85, and custom tune). Overall the car went from 245 awhp to 456 awhp. During the long tuning process there were were many revisions that would change the hp 10-40 hp, and in those instances the only way I could tell any difference was because it was on my computer screen, not because of “feel”. If you want to feel an improvement get a pedal commander, or go all out with a Procharger. That’s the way I see it.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Info on exhaust “back pressure”.

I will share my experience with modding vehicles now. IMO you can’t feel any positive affect from intake/exhaust. You will obviously hear the loud performance sounds which will cause a bit of a placebo effect. As far as real world results such as 1/4 mile, the improvement will be almost negligible. I’ve had a few cars that I’ve modified over the years and The ONLY time I’ve ever felt gains from mods was a turbo upgrade on my EVO (along with injectors, fuel pump, bigger intake, e85, and custom tune). Overall the car went from 245 awhp to 456 awhp. During the long tuning process there were were many revisions that would change the hp 10-40 hp, and in those instances the only way I could tell any difference was because it was on my computer screen, not because of “feel”. If you want to feel an improvement get a pedal commander, or go all out with a Procharger. That’s the way I see it.
It would be nice to dyno your setup. I was looking at another thread that list an air intake that boasted of a 23 hp gain. I achieved that on my 66mustang with a 4 barrel Holly and flowermaster.
If I knew that your exhaust set up and the AVE intake set up would give me 30 to 40 hp, I will drop the coin to do that.

is that 3” where you mounted it? Where did you put the switch?

Last edited:
OP
OP
ZLAYER

ZLAYER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
It would be nice to dyno your setup. I was looking at another thread that list an air intake that boasted of a 23 hp gain. I achieved that on my 66mustang with a 4 barrel Holly and flowermaster.
If I knew that you your exhaust set up and the AVE intake set up would give me 30 to 40 hp, I will drop the coin to do that.

Short version: intake/ exhaust is good for cool points, and sound. For actual performance, significant power adders are needed.

long winded wind advisory!

Yes, in theory that’d be cool. I think that 30-40 hp is on the optimistic side. In the best case scenario of 40 hp, would the truck actually be faster? I say not really. Back in ‘99 fresh out of high school I was really pumped about getting into cars the first project was a 98 240 sx. I drooled over the magazines and saw the bolt on performance #s and thought wow all these parts together will give me an extra 40 hp and this thing will be a beast. Well I did intake/exhaust and big brakes. It was just as slow after as before. I quickly learned that you need forced induction to make ANY appreciable performance gain on that car. At the time that was too expensive.
A few years later I got a 350z. It was much faster than the s14 I had, but still wasn’t impressive. Again I did bolt ons, and again was let down. It sounded awesome, but was no faster than stock really. Single or twin turbos were once again the key there, and also too expensive.
I was jaded by the time I got the Evo, but I knew that I could make a significant (noticeable) amount of power and did that. I got an bigger 3.5 “ intake with larger Maf housing because it was need to ingest the air required by the bigger turbo. Not because it’ll give me 10-15 hp (pointless). Same with the exhaust.

Example. My wife has a Jaguar Fpace 3.0 supercharged. There is a 380hp and 340hp version which are mechanically the same but one has a more aggressive tune. We have the 340hp one. Motor trend tested both on different days and in their test the 340 hp version was faster in 1/4 mile. This illustrates that conditions and driver can be more of a factor than 40 hp. Now it does have 3 driving modes and 2 transmission modes. Driving modes are “eco”, “normal”, and “dynamic”. Each is VERY different and noticeable as far as acceleration punch. I feel like this is probably like what the pedal commander does. It alters throttle mapping.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Short version: intake/ exhaust is good for cool points, and sound. For actual performance, significant power adders are needed.

long winded wind advisory!

Yes, in theory that’d be cool. I think that 30-40 hp is on the optimistic side. In the best case scenario of 40 hp, would the truck actually be faster? I say not really. Back in ‘99 fresh out of high school I was really pumped about getting into cars the first project was a 98 240 sx. I drooled over the magazines and saw the bolt on performance #s and thought wow all these parts together will give me an extra 40 hp and this thing will be a beast. Well I did intake/exhaust and big brakes. It was just as slow after as before. I quickly learned that you need forced induction to make ANY appreciable performance gain on that car. At the time that was too expensive.
A few years later I got a 350z. It was much faster than the s14 I had, but still wasn’t impressive. Again I did bolt ons, and again was let down. It sounded awesome, but was no faster than stock really. Single or twin turbos were once again the key there, and also too expensive.
I was jaded by the time I got the Evo, but I knew that I could make a significant (noticeable) amount of power and did that. I got an bigger 3.5 “ intake with larger Maf housing because it was need to ingest the air required by the bigger turbo. Not because it’ll give me 10-15 hp (pointless). Same with the exhaust.

Example. My wife has a Jaguar Fpace 3.0 supercharged. There is a 380hp and 340hp version which are mechanically the same but one has a more aggressive tune. We have the 340hp one. Motor trend tested both on different days and in their test the 340 hp version was faster in 1/4 mile. This illustrates that conditions and driver can be more of a factor than 40 hp. Now it does have 3 driving modes and 2 transmission modes. Driving modes are “eco”, “normal”, and “dynamic”. Each is VERY different and noticeable as far as acceleration punch. I feel like this is probably like what the pedal commander does. It alters throttle mapping.
No doubt force induction is the way to go as I had 3 cars with it. But if I can get 40hp and it net to zero when I put on the 37s, then that is a win in my book.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Okay @ZLAYER I ordered this last night. SS 3.5 in with down pipe. Finish your write up as promised. Lol. We want to see more details on the wires and cutting. The skid plate had to be removed for install I assume?

OP
OP
ZLAYER

ZLAYER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
Nope, I didn’t remove the skid plate. Instead of having the y pipe going straight to the side like most are done, I clocked it up a bit more so and attached the turn down so that it fires the exhaust down and back between the factory muffler and the drive shaft. That way I was able to clear the skid plate.

for wiring I ran a wire through a rubber grommet in the firewall and to the battery. I placed the switch on the factory knockout spot that’s next to the hood release. I put the switch on the underside so it can’t be seen. There was a little dremeling involved to make that work.

5495020E-B60E-47B7-8D31-E636D69DB362.jpeg

103C2256-9593-4AEA-A694-4219A32D8B35.jpeg

BE4CFA29-94C4-4264-8213-AE61E35A19C2.jpeg

48275FA6-66CA-429C-AF4B-1B88027E9575.jpeg

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Nope, I didn’t remove the skid plate. Instead of having the y pipe going straight to the side like most are done, I clocked it up a bit more so and attached the turn down so that it fires the exhaust down and back between the factory muffler and the drive shaft. That way I was able to clear the skid plate.

for wiring I ran a wire through a rubber grommet in the firewall and to the battery. I placed the switch on the factory knockout spot that’s next to the hood release. I put the switch on the underside so it can’t be seen. There was a little dremeling involved to make that work.

View attachment 205431

View attachment 205432

View attachment 205433

View attachment 205434
Thanks

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
I got my kit in yesterday and realized I did not order the clamps. I emailed the seller if I missed something or should I just weld it and he said “Yes. Very easy” so fortunately I can weld and own a rig, though the OP used clamps I’m on the fence.

OP
OP
ZLAYER

ZLAYER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
You can buy his clamps, or they have them on Amazon, or eBay. Welding would be a more permanent solution obviously though (although more work).

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
You can buy his clamps, or they have them on Amazon, or eBay. Welding would be a more permanent solution obviously though (although more work).

I have it tacked in for now to see it I want to rotate it a little more down before a do a full weld. I see what you mean about “rowdy” holy cow! The truck goes from a sleeper to a helcat in about 4sec! Crazy muscle car sound. All with the flip of a switch. Crazy fun mod!

8781D106-1B6D-44A8-8F83-A76903315C41.jpeg

8C625D38-F87E-49B6-BDEE-D75149BA241B.jpeg

OP
OP
ZLAYER

ZLAYER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
ya, the first few times I drove with the cutouts, the whole fam was with me and I thought “this is a bit uncomfortably loud”. But when I Go out alone, it just has me grinning the whole time (after I get out of the neighborhood anyway)!! I don’t guess I’ll ever know if the more efficient exhaust flow saves on gas, because I can’t keep My foot out of it.