Badlanz electric exhaust cutout

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Timster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I like this a lot. Will work well for the family ride and then when I'm out with the boys having some fun. Now I just need to figure out WHAT to order - Did you do one of the kits?

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
ya, the first few times I drove with the cutouts, the whole fam was with me and I thought “this is a bit uncomfortably loud”. But when I Go out alone, it just has me grinning the whole time (after I get out of the neighborhood anyway)!! I don’t guess I’ll ever know if the more efficient exhaust flow saves on gas, because I can’t keep My foot out of it.
I thought I would try a whole gas tank wide open but sometimes it’s a little much, so I run it about 1/4 open. What is sweet, is that it is 100% adjustable. It takes 4 seconds to completely open so I can just bump the spring loaded switch till it is just right.
On revs the whole truck moves (twist) like it was in a Muscle car.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I was considering replacing the muffler and dumping exhaust there to clear up space. But was told exhaust under the vehicle can cause more corrosion.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
I was considering replacing the muffler and dumping exhaust there to clear up space. But was told exhaust under the vehicle can cause more corrosion.
I have not heard that before. Since I drive so much I get a new truck every 2 years so I doubt I will ever notice if that was a true statement or not. Living here in the south but 100 miles from the coast I have the best conditions for longevity against corrosion, so I doubt the next owner will see it neither.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Not exactly sure about corrosion, but I suppose it feasible.

Also other things to think about...it could cause a lot of extra noise inside the cab as apposed to simply piping it out from under the truck. Also, depending on where the exhaust fumes are pointing, you could melt stuff (exhaust gets extremely hot). I have seen where a guy cut the resonator off the back, didnt pipe it down at all, and it ended up melting all the wiring to his rear bumper sensors.