Ball joints on a Dana 60

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darin 823

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L gas
I'm about to replace the ball joints on my '01 2500 with a Dana front end , I run 35s on the truck, when looking at the front of the truck the tires are further apart at the bottom. When I looked for ball joints there are different ones to choose from should I vo with the adjustable ones ? (Since the camber / caster is not adjustable) Has anyone used the adjustable ball joints?

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'm about to replace the ball joints on my '01 2500 with a Dana front end , I run 35s on the truck, when looking at the front of the truck the tires are further apart at the bottom. When I looked for ball joints there are different ones to choose from should I vo with the adjustable ones ? (Since the camber / caster is not adjustable) Has anyone used the adjustable ball joints?
I have installed countless adjustable ball joints over the years. To install the ball joint correctly the truck needs to be on the alignment rack so you know how much of an adjustment you need.

What I like to do is use the ball joints that allow adjustment from 0.0° to 1.0° so that way if the alignment needs correction in the future the ball joint is already there and all you have to do is press it out, rotate to the desired degree change and press it back in. Easy. Hit your local Firestone and have them perform an alignment check and get the specs so you can order the correct ones.