Battery terminal replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cullber

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Hey guys does anyone know what would cause a whirring sound under the hood when the trucks off? Long winded but... I was installing a system in a 04 2500 5.9 24v Cummins I sold my daughter like I've done several times before and right at the end my terminal split and hit the truck with my socket wrench and it sparked. I replaced the terminal last night but it looked like a yellow wire had already been cut and was just sitting there but I wasn't 100 percent sure as I was freezing my cohones off trying to get done. I hooked everything back up and got in the cab to crank it but seen smoke coming up so immediately jumped out and there was a sweet smell so I disconnected driver side battery and smoke and smell stopped. Then something kicked on so I ran around and disconnected the negative at the passenger side battery and it stopped and now I'm stuck. The amps not even hooked up right now this was all with wires already in it no aftermarket stuff. I'd really appreciate any help I don't want to hook it back up to try and find what might be and fry the computer or burn the truck down but I can't find it without hooking back up. Thanks in advance

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Moved this thread to the 3rd Gen section, you'll get more views and responses.

OP
OP
C

Cullber

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Little bit extra info, tried again today and it's the yellow wire that runs directly to the starter it keeps spinning so I cut it and now everything's hooked up no problem. I unplugged the other yellow wire from the connector about a foot down and touched the two ends I cut together and she tried to turn over.