Best “performance” Plugs/Wires/Injectors for 2013 4.7?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
I’m looking for the best plugs/wires/injectors for my 4.7 as one of my injectors recently shat out and loves to click very loudly until it’s warmed up. Decided i mine as well do a complete tune up with it.

Sent from my iPhone XS Max in my 2013 Magnum 4.7L V8

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
No reason for performance on your motor. Even with boost you would just need colder plugs. Also injectors have nothing to do with clickly clack when cold. That’s either lifter tick or piston slap, or exhaust manifold warp/broken bolts.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Accel.....:hidesbehindsofa:

jk

OP
OP
TheEnder

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
No reason for performance on your motor. Even with boost you would just need colder plugs. Also injectors have nothing to do with clickly clack when cold. That’s either lifter tick or piston slap, or exhaust manifold warp/broken bolts.

Still sounds like it’s coming from the fuel rail, took a mechanics stethoscope to the side of the block, top of the valve cover and to the exhaust manifolds and heard nothing, except for when i put it on the fuel rail and it perfectly lined up with the click. Thank you for your help, just wanted to see if i could suck anymore power out of the 4.7 before i go the aftermarket parts way [emoji1]

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Still sounds like it’s coming from the fuel rail, took a mechanics stethoscope to the side of the block, top of the valve cover and to the exhaust manifolds and heard nothing, except for when i put it on the fuel rail and it perfectly lined up with the click. Thank you for your help, just wanted to see if i could suck anymore power out of the 4.7 before i go the aftermarket parts way [emoji1]

If you unplug the injector does the noise go away?

OP
OP
TheEnder

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
If you unplug the injector does the noise go away?

Kinda hard to answer this. I’ve noticed that if i immediately put the engine in to gear it doesn’t make the sound at all as the engine is brought down to 900RPMs quickly, and i’ve tried unplugging the injector and the noise completely disappears. One thing that i think is strange is how the problem plagued injector has a blue circle on top. Pic below.c1c810d11dc18797f4c4eb840025ca15.jpg
I’ve had this truck since new, and i’ve never noticed this until now.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
That’s not the injector in your picture. That’s actually the ignition coil.

OP
OP
TheEnder

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
That’s not the injector in your picture. That’s actually the ignition coil.

Thank you for that lmao. Still the thing that makes the noise though.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque

Ive heard that the ram/mopar injectors are loud. U can def hear them clicking away but that’s pretty normal engine noise for at least me. I guess I thought u meant the noise was pretty significant.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Yup, that’s your coil, we have coil on plug ignition (8coils, 8 pistons or 6 coils 6 pistons). What your hearing is charging and discharging of the coils. You shouldn’t hear it as the spark jump makes a tick/zap sometimes if it’s out in the open. More than likely that coil or plug wire could be faulty causing a jump inside the coil/plug wire connection which is what your hearing. The blue dot is more than likely a factory mark. If you really want to do a tune up you could replace that one coil and get a set of plug wires. Depending on the mileage of the motor and the recommended plug change it might be a good time. Don’t replace all the coils and if you do replace coils get genuine mopar, good aftermarket brand if they are stock, aftermarket you will want to replace all of them.