Best Door Panel Deep Cleaning Methid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

acolic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi

I am about to reinstall the doors on my 2006 Ram.

I had them off to replace their rusted outer skins.

The interior plastic door panels are off and they are really dirty.

Just wondering what is the best way to do a deep cleaning on these panels before I reinstall them?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Heavy oily grime or just dirt? If oily grime I've had good results with castrol super clean. Just test in a small area and rinse it off thoroughly.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A soft brush (boars hair, etc) and either diluted APC....Super Clean might be too strong unless you really dilute it, Im not sure.

Or a dedicated interior cleaner like Mequiars Quick Interior Detailer, etc. Diluted Woolite can work well too, really just depends on how much and what dirt you have going on.

Spray the panel, use the brush to get into the "texture" of it. I have the same issue and found a nice soft brush is your best bet....it wont scuff or scratch but can still get into all those dumb texture lines to pull the dirt out. Even wiping with a microfiber only seems to get the "peaks" and not the valleys, so the flat surface is nice and clean but you still see all those fissures of dirt in the valleys.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Super clean is aggressive, but no brush required, just a microfibre cloth and rinse thoroughly right after. If it's just dirt then soap and water, soft brush and use compressed air to clear the cracks and crevises.