Best headers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

florida_stormtrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2014 5.7 1500 and I have a magnaflow cat back system and I was wondering which headers would be best to install.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
NOT BBK!! Installed mine in November and the collector is leaking already. Junk. Very disappointed. I'd go jba.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Shorty or long tube? Long tubes will provide better gains than shorties.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have JBA shorties that I got used back in January and they're holding up very well. I had to go shorties because of MA emissions. But if you don't have emissions to worry about I'd go long tubes. JBA, ARH, or Kooks.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Yeah I'm with hemi long tubes are the way to go if you don't have emissions restrictions. I'm looking at the afe or jba long tube setup once I get some money rolling again. Can I borrow someones money printer hahaha.

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So is it in stone long tubes fail emissions, I mean going with catted long tubes of coarse? Is it a fail even if a tuner is used to work with them to keep the computer happy even?

Lee Peterson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So is it in stone long tubes fail emissions, I mean going with catted long tubes of coarse? Is it a fail even if a tuner is used to work with them to keep the computer happy even?

Ontario cancelled emissions testing is no more.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
In MA and CA they do a visual inspection of the exhaust and you have to have all the factory emissions equipment...

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Go with Long tubes for best gains. Kooks and SW are what we recommend. If you are worried about emissions you can go with Kooks green cats and make sure to make your tuner aware you need your rear O2s left on

Let us know if you would like a quote.

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ontario cancelled emissions testing is no more.

Yea, lol, well something will come down the pipe for us... with princess Trudeau on a quest to change climate change and the fairy tale around it...
I smiled when they did away with the utter failure emissions testing we had, just a waste of everyones time.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Yea, lol, well something will come down the pipe for us... with princess Trudeau on a quest to change climate change and the fairy tale around it...
I smiled when they did away with the utter failure emissions testing we had, just a waste of everyones time.
Don't even get me started on that drama teacher....

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
ARH long tubes IMHO are by far the best long tubes at this time. They fit better and they have superior quality. They will also give you a greater boost in performance than "shorties". You can also order them with high flow cats. They will come with the o2 extensions.
Jay

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't understand why MA and CA get so butthurt about aftermarket cats. I was all ready to get the ARH LT set with cats. I decided to ask a buddy that works at an inspection station and said he could get me through but only for a year or two until they mandate that cameras take pics of the exhaust. Stupid.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
I'll throw the aFe hat in there. 1 3/4 primaries 3" cats right after the header "no cel" problems. Y-pipe feeds the 3.5" single tube to the muffler.

I have not had experience with the other options but I'm very happy with this purchase. Easy 30whp gain.

20180124_164824.jpg

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Now whats wrong with those cats? I mean from an inspection view... they are about same size as stock, and a cat cleaning things up is a cat cleaning things up isn't it???

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Now whats wrong with those cats? I mean from an inspection view... they are about same size as stock, and a cat cleaning things up is a cat cleaning things up isn't it???
Exactly.

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ARH long tubes IMHO are by far the best long tubes at this time. They fit better and they have superior quality. They will also give you a greater boost in performance than "shorties". You can also order them with high flow cats. They will come with the o2 extensions.
Jay

so is there a fit difference between the ARH and the JBAs. Im on the fence between the 2 but 500 dollar difference is a factor . also is there performance difference?

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Never had a set of JBA's so I don't personally know if there is a difference or not. I do know that the quality and fitment was worth the extra money to me. The ARH needed no "adjustment" regarding fitment. I know they are more expensive and when you look at them under the hood, you can't tell who's name is on them, but I just think they are better. If they are to expensive I think some other guys have run JBA's and Kook's and even some that are on e-bay that cost a couple hundred bucks. I don't really know that much about any other brand. I think that "Nick" touts a couple of other brands also.
Jay