Best Mods for under $100 (5th Gen Edition)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Psul

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Limited
Engine
5.7 l hemi
LP-REVERSE LIGHT SYSTEM 5500K WHITE

wired into trailer harness Full black on LED to Black in harness and black with white stripe on LED to white in harness. I pulled trailer connector connector out onto bumper (simple retailer squeeze behind bumper and pulls right out), cut fabric tape on harness, used two inline splice connections, re-taped with 3m fabric tape from Home Depot with zip ties at start and end of tape. Looks factory and secure. Plan to smoke the bar to hide the LEDs.

DA946B3B-BE60-4E30-A3E8-AC5EB6A2F04D.jpeg

354ECFD7-8D13-45BD-B7DA-D5CC77A8D69F.jpeg

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I posted this before . But I am sure it is buried ! I installed rear under seat light . I used 2 cheap LEDs. They are OK but not really bright ! And the OEM electrical socket I will change them later ! My wiring harness was already there ! All off E Bay less then 10$

seat light1.jpg Seat Light 2.jpg

RamConvert82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What an excellent response. Thank you. After my first comment, I did some research here and read the entire thread dedicated to the lights. Seems the majority of people are having some rubbing on their tailgate due to the design. Response from the company has been prompt and they added the note about fitment on our trucks as a result.

You having the same problem or are you one of the lucky few that clears?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

brian42

Military
Reaction score

Psul

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Limited
Engine
5.7 l hemi
Completely clear, the light bar is very low profile on top of the license plate and the wire runs behind the plate through an existing space with the included rubber grommet holding tight, less than a 10 inch wire run from there (to include the integrated inline disconnect on the wire) to the zip tie on the trailer wire harness. No possibility of rubbing anywhere on this very short run.

Psul

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Limited
Engine
5.7 l hemi
All works well.

Last edited:

Narg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Last edited:

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Completely clear, the light bar is very low profile on top of the license plate and the wire runs behind the plate through an existing space with the included rubber grommet holding tight, less than a 10 inch wire run from there (to include the integrated inline disconnect on the wire) to the zip tie on the trailer wire harness. No possibility of rubbing anywhere on this very short run.

All works well.

Huh??

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I'm betting the "Limited" version should fit the Longhorn. Personally, I'd like to see them move the "Longhorn" to a "Limited Longhorn" instead of a "Laramie Longhorn", but it's really more of a limited model setup.

Actually, it makes no sense to me whatsoever to sell anything that is "LIMITED" as something other than the lowest of the low...

The Top Level trim should be (if you want to use the word, which I don't) should the the UnLimited.

But, I'm only a HS Graduate Hill Billy*. What do I know?

*though I WAS valedictorian of my microscopic class - does that make up for anything?

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
$12
noticed a reduction in cabin road noise
push pins attach to 5 existing holes in lower front edge of box
fyi > deleted on builds after mid 2018View attachment 162421

4th Gen guys have been removing these things for years as they rub the paint off the back of the cab. Some have just trimmed them down a little but most I believe just leave them off. Keep an eye on yours if you add it.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Changed all the interior lighting on MY 19 Bighorn to LED, except for bulb in Lower Glove Box. I have OEM LED (exterior ie, headlights etc) except for Cargo, which I left alone since have full tonneau cover.

IMG_0798.JPG IMG_0799.JPG IMG_0800.JPG LED FESTOON DOME.JPG LED Interior.JPG

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Actually, it makes no sense to me whatsoever to sell anything that is "LIMITED" as something other than the lowest of the low...

The Top Level trim should be (if you want to use the word, which I don't) should the the UnLimited.

But, I'm only a HS Graduate Hill Billy*. What do I know?

*though I WAS valedictorian of my microscopic class - does that make up for anything?

I get what he's saying though (limited/unlimited debate aside), just going purely based on what the trim levels are, limited and longhorn are equally at the top while Laramie is a step lower. My 4th gen longhorn has 2 limited badges on it (ironically the only badges I left on the truck) which I found odd, yet on the window sticker it's listed as a Laramie Longhorn.